Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

All Platforms - Scene Partner perk cancelling actions

mr_creeps
mr_creeps Member Posts: 3

This issue persists on all platforms as it is a direct issue with the functionality of the perk Scene Partner.

When the perk "Scene Partner" activates it cancels actions and briefly prevents you from performing actions again. This includes cleansing, repairing, sabotaging, healing, booning, entering Forgotten Ruins portals, unhooking, and even vaulting. In the case of vaulting, this will entirely prevent a "RUNNING VAULT" and will result in a brief rubberband before you may attempt to vault again (in which it'll only be a medium vault)

This happens any time the Scene Partner perk activates when you're attempting to perform an action, and it'll temporarily remove the prompt too.

Originally upon the perk's release, the screams from Scene Partner did NOT cancel or interrupt actions. The scream animation still played, but you were not pulled off of your action and you were not prevented from performing actions briefly.

2 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review

Comments

• SlowLoris
    SlowLoris Member Posts: 288

This is actually a VERY annoying issue with the perk. I love the Scene Partner and how silly it can make chases. What I don't love is being unable to vault, drop a pallet, unhook, or pick up a slug, because it stops me. This is only exacerbated if you get multiple scream procs, because it can really cause a massive snowball when it happens.

I sincerely hope this is a bug, and not a stealth nerf. I miss running it so much, but I just got tired of accidentally screwing my team over.

I think the examples in the video are great, but if you need more proof of how frustrating this perk can be, I'll run it today and in just a couple of hours I can have quite a few more examples of how frustrating it is.