We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

"Hard Way Out" score events for killer

ratcoffee
ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,400

To combat slugging for the 4k specifically for BP reasons:

If a survivor escapes through the hatch after 3 teammates are sacrificed or killed by the killer's hand, give the killer BP in the appropriate categories equal to having downed, hooked and sacrificed that last survivor. That way, killers who want the BP from 4 sacrifices can get it without feeling forced to slug to get it.

Comments

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 1,094

Personally I don't care about BP. As survivor if I'm the last one remaining I just go find the killer and go next. Don't care about the pity escape mechanic, it already feels like I've lost. Conversely I don't slug for the 4k as killer because in my mind I've already won, the pity escape mechanic doesn't matter.

That being said people can slug for the 4k if they want. In my experience most killers get bored of hunting down the last survivor and come hook me anyway.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,092

I like this idea and support it, killers shouldn't be punished for unavoidable RNG, but I don't think it would change very much. I imagine most people who slug for the 4k are either doing it because they don't feel satisfied with anything less than a 4k by their own win conditions, bloodpoints immaterial, or - less commonly but more importantly - because they have a challenge or achievement that demands a 4k. Especially when it's a complicated one like Rightful Owner or Six Feet Under or Evil Incarnate where 'just try again next match' isn't really an option.

This would be a step towards disincentivizing slugging for the 4k, but I'm less confident that bloodpoints are the presiding factor in why people do it.

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,058

They should rework the hatch mechanic entirely. Removing the hatch and instead making it like a fun last 1v1. Maybe in a different world or something? Like the ultimate test or whatever lol

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 634

just remove the trap door. I don’t understand why survivors get 2 chances to escape when they lost the match. It’s extremely pity.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,257

I would guess you mean if you last X seconds you escape?

Issue is that you would have killers near impossible to win against and some super easy...

• ratcoffee

Basically every time slugging for the 4k comes up, a Lot of people come to the forums saying they only slug for the 4k because of BP. I assume they're telling the truth, so I came up with a solution that should keep everyone who does it for that reason happy.

The hatch is artificially deflating kill rates, so if they remove that mechanic they'll have to nerf killers across the board in order to compensate (going by nightlight.gg data, kill rates would go up to 65%, well above the stated goal of 60%) I'm all in favor of anything that forces BHVR to give killers massive nerfs, so absolutely they should remove hatch.

• ColdCobalt
    ColdCobalt Member Posts: 50
    edited July 10

I can see how its frustrating this way, but the explanation I agree with the most for the hatch is to prevent the last survivor from hiding indefinitely. The hatch gives the killers a chance to trigger the end game collapse and find the last one at either of the doors. I think the hatch and its endgame collapse mechanic is a good option right now to prevent survivors from just hiding and waiting it out. Triggering end game collapse and forcing the last survivor to go to one of the doors right away without the hatch feels pretty unfair to me as a killer main.

Post edited by ColdCobalt on
  • mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,252

This doesn't address the actual problem, because anyone who has ever played Killer knows they are getting near double the average BP of Survivor from the onset. Not only that, but the BP/minute is far far far better to simply AFK in the corner or at the final hook after the 3rd Kill to let them get hatch (if you don't have intel on their location). Anyone saying they engage in bleeding out for the BP is lying to your face.

• AggressiveFTW
  • Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,092

Heh. Well. That would be nice, wouldn't it. Would also be nice if people only tunneled because they went up against comp SWF every match and ran quad slowdown because every game was 4x BNP.

The bloodpoints claim is particularly dubious because at the point where you're spending several minutes to hunt down a hiding survivor… unless your game has 5 cakes, you'd be making more bloodpoints if you moved onto a new game with fresh score events and way less downtime.

Hatch is there because the game is balanced against survivors a la 60% kill rates and killers are the power role. When you're looking at survivors as a gestalt it might always seem that one slips away, but individually survivors die in most of their games, even in games the survivor team won - where the killer, win or lose, always plays out the entire match. It's a concession for fairness, not in the match itself but the compared experience of the roles, the fact that a single survivor will never be able to progress their objective, and also a carrot on a stick for survivors to continue fighting when they're losing the game.

Without hatch, survivors have little reason to keep playing a game that's 'lost' early on, eg tunneled teammate at 5 gens or Sable killing herself on first hook, and they have even less when it gets down to 2-man games and completing gens becomes impossible. Remove it and you can expect a lot more hook suicides and people running up to die, because now there's no point in drawing out the inevitable.

One survivor getting away when the both of you know the killer won the game really is not an issue unless it robbed you of an achievement or a challenge.

• VomitMommy

Well, that's super easy to get against lot of killers. You think Hag is ever going to 4k? That would be impossible against healthy survivor.

Minute chase is not really difficult to get against most killers if you are healthy.

But if you increase it, then the survivor is not going to escape against chase oriented killers.

That is just going to make it a mess and always terrible for one side.

• AggressiveFTW

I just like the concept of it. I wish the devs would intensify testing things with the help of PTBs, they only test when it's a new chapter or a mid-chapter.

• VomitMommy
    edited July 10

I wish the devs would intensify testing things with the help of PTBs, they only test when it's a new chapter or a mid-chapter.

For sure

I just like the concept of it.

Yeah, but it wouldn't really work.

Like is that going to be "custom space" where you do 1v1 or current state of the map? If you got teleported outside, then it's very bad for setup killers.

Where would you start the chase? Shack without a pallet would kinda suck...

What could work is basically set all killers as 115% and disable the power, kinda like we had on Halloween (I think). That's basic Trapper version of 1v1. Probably turn off perks too.

Then tons of testing on the 1v1 map and get actual time needed to escape on average.

I really like to play 1v1 and wish it would be game mode... So this would be lot of fun for me, but it doesn't work with actual killers.

• ratcoffee

At the very least, it would be good to remove one potential excuse for that behavior, so when people engage in it we Know we know (instead of just being pretty darn sure we know) why they engage in it

• Nightram
    Nightram Member Posts: 144

I like this. Just thought about this.

The bloodpoints category could be about survivors living to tell the tale...

But really, if we just buffed unbreakable and other slugging perks, or get some new basekit for slugging. It would be a new start at something else.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Since emblems matter too, you must also fix the 4k requirement for emblems

• ratcoffee

Yeah, that too. I've seen it proposed enough times where I thought it went without saying, but in hindsight probably good to bring up regardless.

While they're at it, change all challenges that require 4 sacrifices, too.