The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

PLEASE make it so that we can choose the same killer in future iterations of 2v8!

I know this is probably being considered and balanced right as we speak for future 2v8 iterations, alongside being able to use skins and Licenses, but PLEASE do consider making this come true!

The Chucky and Tiffany dream team I've seen requested a LOT, let alone other combinations of Legendaries like Minotaur/Armored Titan, Ferryman and Birkin, Xeno and Queen Xeno, and so on, aside from any future Legendary killers.

This new mode is already a big dream come true for DBD players, I'm sure it'll keep evolving wonderfully, I just dream of these teams being real some day, with their proper balancing issues solved!

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

I don't know. I kind of disagree. Beyond potential balance issues (who wants to play against 2 nurses?), it also just doesn't make sense. There is only one Michael Myers. There is only one Freddy Krueger. Even all the unlicensed killers have their own name and lore. I think an argument could be made for multiple Legions or Xenomorphs. But for basically all other killers it doesn't make sense.

• cruelb
    cruelb Member Posts: 103
  • SanelyOsp
    SanelyOsp Member Posts: 69

Honestly I do see your point, but I think it'd be a neat feature for the Legendaries to be useable alongside the default one at least. Chucky and Tiffany, Xeno Queen and Xeno Drone, Robbie the Rabbit and HUNK (SH and RE crossover time) are especially some of the ones I'd say are great choices for a team.

Maybe debuff them if they're both used, I wouldn't mind some limitations in that case, but it'd be a good possibility and would add more variety to the pool of pickable killers once there's way more of them in future iterations, imo.

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 671

Since they were so keen to adding such specific debuffs and buffs to every killer to create synergy, I don't see why specific killers can't have a unique synergy when picked. Something specific to only them. Double Chucky since it aligns with his lore or Chucky and Tiffany if you have the skins for it. If it makes sense then go for it, but if it doesn't then no harm, no foul.

I really wish the devil would be better about making individual changes and interactions with killers, rather than always having to make it global.

• charmless
    charmless Member Posts: 24

That would be amazing.

• Dreamnomad

Obviously they aren't going to make unique game rules for specific skins. That will never happen in a million years. Rumor has it that killers won't be able to use anything but default skins anyway. I don't know if that is true or not but someone was making a stink about it on general forums.

• Dreamnomad

For the time being. They did specifically state in the live stream that they would add more killers in future iterations.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014
    edited July 17

If both use default cosmetics, duplicate player 2 killers are forced to use an alternate costume that slightly changes their clothing color. Cause why not? Yellow and green Bubba.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Since all killers are massively nerfed to the point of non-issue, why not

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,097

I don’t agree personally.

• cruelb
    cruelb Member Posts: 103

I guess that's if they return it at all… not seen any of the other modifiers return (tbf… yet)

• sirlemonhead
    sirlemonhead Member Posts: 44
    edited July 22

I don't think I'd play 2v8 if they made it so I could be going up against two Gluckys or two Xenos