The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The new UI is a downgrade from the old UI

As the title states, there is very little gained and a lot more lost with the new UI compared to what it was before.

For the positives, there are a few:

Being able to filter in the character screen is a nice addition, I don't think I'll use it but it being there is good.

The search bar in the character screen is similarily a good addition.

The perks button in the character screen, while nice, doesn't seem super impactful. Still not a bad addition.

That's it.

For the negatives, there are far more:

The newest character being the first in the list breaks tradition and makes the usual constantly changing. The old system was fine, this is not.

The character select screen feels cluttered, there is now a selection between survivors, customizations, and bio, on top of the filtering options, and then still the entire roster of characters. Compared to the simplicity of the previous version this is too much and falls out-of-line with the rest of the UI.

The customization tab really shouldn't have moved to the characters tab, the only reason for this I can think of is trying to make the sidebar less cluttered. But doing so makes the character screen far more cluttered. It also makes no sense since it was an easy part of the sidebar (your character, your loadout, your levelling, and your customization).

Why, when you have customizations in the shop you have not yet looked at, do the red exclamation marks show up in the character screen? This feels like nothing but a marketing ploy, but severely takes away from the look and feel of the UI. This is even more egregious due to the fact there is no "mark all as seen" button. Considering the exclamation mark is bugged as well (even if you've seen everything it doesn't go away until you switch tabs in the shop) this is a horrendous change.

Why does the bio need to be visible from the character screen? This doesn't seem like it's something useful when readying up for a game other than having something to read, but this can be done from the shop just the same. This just adds to the visual clutter and doesn't help.

These are just my opinions though, other's might feel different about them (though I cannot excuse the lack of a "mark all as seen" button in the store…).

I also realise there is a near 100% chance BHVR will do anything with this feedback, but for the sliver of a chance they will it was worth the effort of writing.

Comments