The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

To lobbydodgers

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@HulkHodn said:
    Reasons i dodge:

More than 1 tool box, more than 1 first aid kit, more than 1 flashlight, more than 1 claudette, more than 1 Meg, Meg with a tracksuit, Survivors with fancy clothes, 2 or more survivors who join at the same time, when I feel like it and so on ...

Then you should probably play a different game since more than 1 item can be dealt with by either playing better or bringing Franklin's Demise. Also dodging due to cosmetics good grief this definitely isn't the game for you then.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Dodging lobbies (unless related to ping) is for bad killers anyway, they're doing you a favour and saving you from a boring match of them being a potato.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited January 2019

Killer sees 4 survivors in a lobby

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    edited January 2019

@powerbats said:

@yeet said:
    you aren't entitled to have people play against you if they don't want to

You're not entitled to ruin peoples lobbies that have waited patiently for a queue to pop just because you think you might not have fun. In reality what you want is an easy match, 4 people could be guaranteed solo's yet you'd still dodged because of outfits, characters or items.

The game could be balanced and certain killers would still dodge even if it was solo lobbies only because they don't want a challenging game they want an easy fun game.

entitlement
    unfair =/= challenging

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

@powerbats said:

@HulkHodn said:
    Reasons i dodge:

More than 1 tool box, more than 1 first aid kit, more than 1 flashlight, more than 1 claudette, more than 1 Meg, Meg with a tracksuit, Survivors with fancy clothes, 2 or more survivors who join at the same time, when I feel like it and so on ...

Then you should probably play a different game since more than 1 item can be dealt with by either playing better or bringing Franklin's Demise. Also dodging due to cosmetics good grief this definitely isn't the game for you then.

why I say this game each side wants an easy game not fair challenging game.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

If anything, this post will probably make them dodge more.

Just a guess, but that is usually how it goes.

• powerbats

@yeet said:

@powerbats said:

@yeet said:

You're not entitled to ruin peoples lobbies that have waited patiently for a queue to pop just because you think you might not have fun. In reality what you want is an easy match, 4 people could be guaranteed solo's yet you'd still dodged because of outfits, characters or items.

The game could be balanced and certain killers would still dodge even if it was solo lobbies only because they don't want a challenging game they want an easy fun game.

entitlement
    unfair =/= challenging

Translation even if it's 4 solo survivors you'll still dodge because you want a non challenging match and since most swf are potatoes anyways that's even more proof. Oh and red rank survival rate below 50% says hi.

• yeet

@powerbats said:

@yeet said:

@powerbats said:

@yeet said:

entitlement
    unfair =/= challenging

Translation even if it's 4 solo survivors you'll still dodge because you want a non challenging match and since most swf are potatoes anyways that's even more proof. Oh and red rank survival rate below 50% says hi.

i don't dodge lobbies but i can understand people who do, you're just survivor biased

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Vietfox you're going to start a storm. This post will attract some angry people. R.I.P.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@yeet said:

@powerbats said:

@yeet said:

@powerbats said:

@yeet said:

entitlement
    unfair =/= challenging

i don't dodge lobbies but i can understand people who do, you're just survivor biased

You're kind of killer biased dude. Don't say that he's survivor biased when you're no better. :/

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

they're doing you a favour and saving you from a boring match of them being a potato.

Yeah i remember saying the same months ago, but now i need to wait way more...
  • Vietfox

powerbats said:

HulkHodn said:
    Reasons i dodge:

Idk about you but i don't look for easy games, i like to face good players. I don't derank intentionally like others.
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Vietfox said:
    I've been playing solo for the last 4 hours and i've been dodged in 9 out of 10 lobbies.

Out of curiousity: Which and how many items are you and your mates bringing into the lobby?
    I get dodged from time to time but not 9 out of 10 lobbies. That rate is extreme!

• powerbats

@yeet said:

Killer main and I don't have a survivor biased opinion since if I did I'd never have suggested any of the killer buffs and survivor nerfs I've posted. But hey don't let actual facts get in the way of the very badly and false narrative you're trying to push.

I can also understand lobby dodging, I just don't approve of it and don't do it for anything other than ping since it's not fair to the other survivors and or the killer in game.

• Vietfox
    @Poweas said:

@Vietfox you're going to start a storm. This post will attract some angry people. R.I.P.

I think i already started it, but i really had to say it. I don't really like to play games to spend more time in their menu than playing them.
  • powerbats

@NoShinyPony said:

@Vietfox said:
    I've been playing solo for the last 4 hours and i've been dodged in 9 out of 10 lobbies.

Out of curiousity: Which and how many items are you and your mates bringing into the lobby?
    I get dodged from time to time but not 9 out of 10 lobbies. That rate is extreme!

I get dodged all the time, some because killers know me and hate trying to find me since i'm stealthy and no that's not P3 Claudette either or Adam. I also don't blindly run for safe unhooks or down the middle in plain view and play loop o rama with them.

But most lobbies they dodge regardless of items or whether you join singly or 1 duo and 2 singles, they check profiles for achievements, don't like the flashy outfits. Then there's the classic someone either joins with a single item and it's an instant dodge.

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    edited January 2019
    Boss said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Boss said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:

Boss said:

That's nothing compared to the loads and loads of ingame DCers.

While i don't support dodging in general, at least Survivors lose nothing but a bit of time from lobby dodgers...

So @Vietfox waiting 4 hours and only playing one game is nothing? That's ridiculous and biased 

You took that well out of context.

Did you not see "compared"?

Yea I saw it clearly and you having survivors DC and getting points is hardly a problem for you and this is a way bigger issue than the not so often DC that happens from survivors

Getting BP is supposed to cover the lack of fun i'll be having for the remainder of that match?
    Or the fun of the other players?
    Lobby dodging is nothing but a small waste of time.
    Both we could do without, DCs need priority.

I disagree nobody should have to wait hours for one match because the other side has no balls , I'd much rather have a DC than have to wait hours for one game , at that point the fun is already gone you  don't care about anything thats not whiny salt killer BS or you would agree that waiting hours is nothing compared to a single DC in a game 
  • Vietfox

@Vietfox said:

I rarely bring items, it's just Feng with the P3 face.
    I don't bring items mainly because i've been spending my bps on killers in the last few months, and i'm the kind of person who likes to have a mountain of every item before using them.
    I dont remember if the others were carrying any items. When i play, either as a killer or survivor, i set my loadout before looking for a lobby and ready up as soon as i find one.
  • yeet

@Poweas said:

@yeet said:

@powerbats said:

@yeet said:

@powerbats said:

@yeet said:

entitlement
    unfair =/= challenging

You're kind of killer biased dude. Don't say that he's survivor biased when you're no better. :/

everyone is biased by default

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

Sorry some survivors look too spooky for me so i dodge. I don't have fun playing against spookies

• powerbats

@yeet said:

everyone is biased by default

True but I'm not biased in the way you tried to describe me, I'll call out both sides and propose things that I think will help balance wise. But I won't suggest stupid things things just because one side is my favorite or because I want to screw the other side over.

• OrionsFury4789
    Lateral said:

Sooo this is an ego thread?

"oh I'm so freakin' awesome perma rank 1 people just see my name and dodge me so hard I cant get matches any more qqhard!"

Right. lawl. Ok.

I really think it's specifically a PS4 issue , we can find a lobby  easy the first couple times but after like two dodges we just sit in the lobby for like an hour waiting it's no fun at all when people are too afraid to play a damn game because the survivor decided to bring an item or has certain cosmetics or prestige on , it's bogus I shouldn't have to pretend I'm a noob to find a game straight up it's not got ######### to do with ego
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Lateral said:

"oh I'm so freakin' awesome perma rank 1 people just see my name and dodge me so hard I cant get matches any more qqhard!"

Right. lawl. Ok.

I really think it's specifically a PS4 issue , we can find a lobby  easy the first couple times but after like two dodges we just sit in the lobby for like an hour waiting it's no fun at all when people are too afraid to play a damn game because the survivor decided to bring an item or has certain cosmetics or prestige on , it's bogus I shouldn't have to pretend I'm a noob to find a game straight up it's not got ######### to do with ego
    I play PS4 (EU) and I genuinely don’t wait long between lobby’s and it’s very rare I get dodgers 
  • Vietfox
    Lateral said:

Right. lawl. Ok.

I play PS4 (EU) and I genuinely don’t wait long between lobby’s and it’s very rare I get dodgers 
    PS4 EU too (rank 1). Random long queues and get dodged a lot, otherwise i wouldn't be ranting about lobbydodgers.
  • GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

There are so many reasons to dodge a lobby only except the standard "SWF" reason.

I will dodge if i see 3 people on the opposite site dropping into red ping constantly, i don't want to watch a guy
    looking like he has sprint burst every 2 seconds.

Right now there is 0 matchmaking related to connection, Yes the killer is the host but he can't choose the location of the survivors he ends up against.

In your opinion should there also be a punishment for ALT+F4 when i juggle a DS? since the survivor wasted the killers time and cost him point? and the quitter bonus is a joke don't even go there :angry: And before anyone says "OMG just report" the report system in this game does nothing, unless you are running gamebreaking hacks i guarantee nothing will happen for you getting reported for Ragequitting.

I personally think the connection issues are far more pressing than a lobby dodge.

• OrionsFury4789
    @Paddy4583 I'm in the NA region so that may be what the difference is , for some reason it's like pulling teeth to get a game unless it's the early morning hours playing solo which seem to go quick other than that I've really had no choice but play killer or play something else, so from my perspective I play lobby simulator for 2 hours and get three games if I'm lucky , give up and play killer for about 2 hours with consistent lobbies and there goes the whole evening... Unless I play a different game that actually works. My point is that I should be able to play the lobbies that pop up the first couple times I que up, them dodging is breaking the matchmaking system and making it take hours for some to find a game because by the second or third Dodge you don't find anything for a long time it seems
  • Vietfox

In your opinion should there also be a punishment for ALT+F4 when i juggle a DS?

I don't see why not.
  • NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

@Vietfox said:
    @NekoGamerX said:

powerbats said:

HulkHodn said:

Reasons i dodge:

Idk about you but i don't look for easy games, i like to face good players. I don't derank intentionally like others.

i don't either.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Vietfox said:
    I've been playing solo for the last 4 hours and i've been dodged in 9 out of 10 lobbies. Seriously, uninstall DbD and go play something else.
    Some of you will say "oh, maybe they saw 4 survivors spawn at the same time". Some did, but MANY others saw me alone in the lobby, then TWO more spawning at the same time and then leave.
    Seriously lobbydodgers, grow a damn pair. This is getting ridiculous.

I told you this before.
    Remove the ability to detect SWF and you will increase lobbydodging.
    Now you gotta assume that everyone is SWF and if they got a few items additionally..... well

Its the usual problem. Bandaid fixes only make everthind worse in the long run, you gotta treat the disease at its core

• Master

@twistedmonkey said:
    Wll this thread shows is a double standard and the devs need to sort it.

It's wrong to dodge on two fronts.

Firstly players are dodging not just for ping but because they do not like something should stop playing, it's a game each and everything in it is fair game, I'd bet eaxh one who dodges would think MLGA is unfair if they got dodged most of their games for how they play.

Secondly it's shooting yourself in the foot as it removes the stats the devs need for balancing, if only the good killer versus these players with toolboxes etc and still do well it shows they are balanced.

Stats are completely pointless as long as the ranking system is broken as it is atm.
    Also, the devs are aware of "certain balance problems", at least thats what they said regarding the depip squad experiment, but we are still waiting for the implementation of secondary objectives e.g.

• Master

@SenzuDuck said:

@Paddy4583 said:
    I’d rather be dodged in lobby then load into game, and have 3 survivors DC because of ruin or they don’t like the killer... that happens way more often then a lobby dodge 

LOL, no it doesn't.

It certainly does in lower ranks

• Vietfox
    @Master said:

@Vietfox said:
    I've been playing solo for the last 4 hours and i've been dodged in 9 out of 10 lobbies. Seriously, uninstall DbD and go play something else.
    Some of you will say "oh, maybe they saw 4 survivors spawn at the same time". Some did, but MANY others saw me alone in the lobby, then TWO more spawning at the same time and then leave.

I told you this before.
    Now you gotta assume that everyone is SWF and if they got a few items additionally..... well

Its the usual problem. Bandaid fixes only make everthind worse in the long run, you gotta treat the disease at its core

Maybe they should just play the game? Or better, play something else. If i was that paranoid because of a game i would honestly stop playing it.
  • Master

@GraviteaUK said:
    There are so many reasons to dodge a lobby only except the standard "SWF" reason.

I will dodge if i see 3 people on the opposite site dropping into red ping constantly, i don't want to watch a guy
    looking like he has sprint burst every 2 seconds.

Right now there is 0 matchmaking related to connection, Yes the killer is the host but he can't choose the location of the survivors he ends up against.

In your opinion should there also be a punishment for ALT+F4 when i juggle a DS? since the survivor wasted the killers time and cost him point? and the quitter bonus is a joke don't even go there :angry: And before anyone says "OMG just report" the report system in this game does nothing, unless you are running gamebreaking hacks i guarantee nothing will happen for you getting reported for Ragequitting.

I personally think the connection issues are far more pressing than a lobby dodge.

Actually reports for ragequitting arent even accepted.
    You need to have an absurdly high DC rate (which is automatically detected they say) until you receive punishment.

Yet you are able to Derank by DCing and hover at certain ranks without passing that DC rate, as the fogstreamer jendenise proved to us

• Seanzu

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Paddy4583 said:
    I’d rather be dodged in lobby then load into game, and have 3 survivors DC because of ruin or they don’t like the killer... that happens way more often then a lobby dodge 

LOL, no it doesn't.

Said the deranker to the rank one every season.

No it doesn't.

• Master

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Paddy4583 said:

LOL, no it doesn't.

No it doesn't.

When I play survivor I almost never get lobby dodged.
    However its really common that some of my mates DC.

I know, you only play with your low rank followers that dont DC, but the situation is a bit different when you actually play at low rank

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Master said:

Stats are completely pointless as long as the ranking system is broken as it is atm.
    Also, the devs are aware of "certain balance problems", at least thats what they said regarding the depip squad experiment, but we are still waiting for the implementation of secondary objectives e.g.

The rank system has always been broken,  apart from the beginner lvls nothing has changed since launch.

Stats are relevant or they wouldn't show any or want balance to be a 2 kill 2 survive scenario.

The point still stands if those who dodge for games without certain items etc do so they skew those stats going against what they actually want the items to be balanced as the good killers will verse then making them seem weaker than they are.
  • Master

@Vietfox said:
    @Master said:

@Vietfox said:

I told you this before.

Maybe they should just play the game? Or better, play something else. If i was that paranoid because of a game i would honestly stop playing it.

Should? Yeah maybe we should stop climate change too.

And even if those killers stopped playing the game, do you really want that? The survivors they usually play with will now be matched with a "killer with balls" and queue time will increase even more.

In the end, its a customer that has payed for the game to have fun with it. Either you punish him for lobbydodging, which is impossible due to the broken matchmaking, ping etc, or you accept that he will play the game until he gets bored.

If someone buys a bag of jelly bears, but he only likes the red ones, then he will pick them out even if it costs him some extra time. He will not simply throw away the whole bag

• Master

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Lateral said:

Right. lawl. Ok.

To be honest, I would be afraid of playing killer with controller and horrible performance aswell :wink:

• Seanzu

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Paddy4583 said:

LOL, no it doesn't.

No it doesn't.

I know, you only play with your low rank followers that dont DC, but the situation is a bit different when you actually play at low rank

"You only play with your low rank followers" That's a good one when most of them are a higher survivor rank than I am, I'm currently at rank 4 survivor and rank 1 killer.

And your comment means nothing if it's your mates DCing lmfao, they're salty players just like you.

• Master

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Paddy4583 said:

LOL, no it doesn't.

No it doesn't.

"You only play with your low rank followers" That's a good one when most of them are a higher survivor rank than I am, I'm currently at rank 4 survivor and rank 1 killer.

And your comment means nothing if it's your mates DCing lmfao, they're salty players just like you.

Id like you to read again through the quotes and your replies :wink:

• twistedmonkey
    edited January 2019
    Master said:

And even if those killers stopped playing the game, do you really want that? The survivors they usually play with will now be matched with a "killer with balls" and queue time will increase even more.

In the end, its a customer that has payed for the game to have fun with it. Either you punish him for lobbydodging, which is impossible due to the broken matchmaking, ping etc, or you accept that he will play the game until he gets bored.

If someone buys a bag of jelly bears, but he only likes the red ones, then he will pick them out even if it costs him some extra time. He will not simply throw away the whole bag

So by this statement you then also believe survivors should be able to dodge certain killers and add-ons, like the Nurse, mori's, iridescent's etc since they also bought the game to have fun, if not that's a highly hypocritical viewpoint.

Imo It's a terrible idea to allow any of this to happen, it's a game accept it for what it is and If your not having fun then why play at all?
  • Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

@Mister_xD said:
    sorry, but im not interested in a round with 2 or more toolboxes (i dont run ruin), 2 or more medkits (ive gotten instahealed so many times now, i actually dodge these. its annoying. you down someone and he's instantly back at full health .-.) or 2 or more flashlights (maybe ill play the round, maybe not).

also, i might just not be in the mood to play against certain people. i know some names by now and sometimes (especially if its my first round of the day) i do not want to play against these, as they would completely demolish me.

or sthg irl happened and i had to close the lobby.

and here are a ton of reasons, besides the common "SWF group" reason. i usually dont dodge these btw.

I see you in all survivors discussion, that's your problem if you dont ruin.. You can slown down the game with sloopy butcher so stop crying.. You complain about instaheal but no one complain about instahatchets.. Just sacrifice a slot for SB or Franklin's demise and stop complaining and enjoy the game as it is..

• Master

@twistedmonkey said:
    Master said:

So by this statement you then also believe survivors should be able to dodge certain killers and add-ons, like the Nurse, mori's, iridescent's etc since they also bought the game to have fun, if not that's a highly hypocritical viewpoint.

Imo It's a terrible idea to allow any of this to happen, it's a game accept it for what it is and If your not having fun then why play at all?

Fact is that survivors ARE ABLE to dodge certain killers moris and iridescents, and they regularly take advantage of that ability :wink:

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    I see Senzu (who’s not an angery little man) is here keeping his cool still
  • twistedmonkey
    edited January 2019
    Master said:

Fact is that survivors ARE ABLE to dodge certain killers moris and iridescents, and they regularly take advantage of that ability :wink:

Fact is so can killers but does it make it right? Dcing is bannable so why not fix lobby dodging?

You seem very hung up an an us v them mentality when the solutions is to stop both sides from trying to cherry pick.

The simplest way to stop lobby dodging is to timeout people which increases the more you so it bit only if its under a set ping.
  • No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

@Mister_xD said:
    sorry, but im not interested in a round with 2 or more toolboxes (i dont run ruin), 2 or more medkits (ive gotten instahealed so many times now, i actually dodge these. its annoying. you down someone and he's instantly back at full health .-.) or 2 or more flashlights (maybe ill play the round, maybe not).

also, i might just not be in the mood to play against certain people. i know some names by now and sometimes (especially if its my first round of the day) i do not want to play against these, as they would completely demolish me.

and here are a ton of reasons, besides the common "SWF group" reason. i usually dont dodge these btw.

You dodge lobbies cuz of items, seriously? Are you a freddy main or something?

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Yeah it sucks and could use some touch from devs but if you really want to play DBD then just switch to killer. You can't really be dodged as them and you'll feel good about yourself not beiing scared of those mighty items/SWF.

• Vietfox
    @Kebek said:

Yeah it sucks and could use some touch from devs but if you really want to play DBD then just switch to killer. You can't really be dodged as them and you'll feel good about yourself not beiing scared of those mighty items/SWF.

That's exactly what i've been doing, but i like to play both roles.
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Vietfox said:
    I only dodge if the PING is garbage, that's it. I won't dodge for any other reason and if I see 4 survivors join at the same time with p3/legacy + Flashlights/toolboxes...

I'll use my ebony mori and OP add-ons! I can use my tools as well sooo fair is fair! :)
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@Arroz said:

@Mister_xD said:

I see you in all survivors discussion, that's your problem if you dont ruin.. You can slown down the game with sloopy butcher so stop crying.. You complain about instaheal but no one complain about instahatchets.. Just sacrifice a slot for SB or Franklin's demise and stop complaining and enjoy the game as it is..

i doubt that you see me in all of the survivor discussions, as im mainly in the general discussion, killer discussion and balance feedback area of the forums, but yeah. i do sometimes go to that part if im bored.
    and yes, its my "problem" that i dont run ruin. however, i see it more like im doing a favor to the survivors at that point, as prettymuch everyone i see playing survivor complains about ruin and how every killer uses it.
    and you guessed it: im using sloppy. however, this perk does not help me slow the game down enough at the start, so with 2 or more toolboxes and competent survivors they will have dont at least 2 gens in the time i get the first hook, which is usually a sign for a lost round. you know, im usually searching for a challenge when i play this game, but i do see a difference between a challenge and an unbeatable round. 10 mins and less is just not enough time for me to win, at least if i keep playing as nice as i usually do (not camping, not tunneling - literally ignoring the guy that got unhooked). but situations like these literally force me to play like a douchebag, which leads to you guys complaining about tunnel and camp.
    and ive said this thousands of times beforre, but just for you i will repeat myself here yet again:
    during the winter event i have been heavily trolled by a ton of insta heal swf groups. these rounds were no fun at all to play. my logical response to that: i dodge medkits now. its all "your" (talking about the survivor side of the playerbase) fault that im doing that, so you dont have any right to complain about that.
    besides that, you are fairly new to the forum, right? like, claiming that no one would complain about insta hatchets is absurd. there is hundrets of threats about them and pretty much everyone is crying for a nerf (even though they arent even that hard to dodge...)
    also, why should i alter my build, which is made out of 4 perks that work together beautifully and are pretty much required in order to use the build correctly, just to get into a round that i can barely enjoy, as it is eigther made out of a genrush or instaheal squad, if i could always just search a new lobby and have an actual fun round with different survivors instead?
    without having to alter my entire perk build, without having to play like a douchebag and with a little more than 10 minutes of overall gen time?

its the easier and more logical choice to be made.