The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

To lobbydodgers

1235»

Comments

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    @IamFran said:

I play in mid ranks (10-6) and I almost never get dodged even when play a SWF with two mates.
    Maybe the people dodge you so much because in red ranks almost everybody is known by the other players in those ranks. If you are a toxic tbagger and/or waste killer's time to find the hatch when the gates are open, or maybe you are very good playing as suvivor and the killers who know you don't want to play against you because they always feel outplayed.
    Maybe those are the reasons they dodge you. Live with it or derank.

I'm not a toxic tbagger without a reason.
    Thanks, but i don't like to derank on purpose. That's so low.
  • Countfunkular
    Countfunkular Member Posts: 405
    Okay when it comes down to the whole Lobby dodging thing. Here's how I look at...

Honestly as a killer I try my best not to Lobby Dodge unless the ping is really bad or I really don't feel like dealing with the bullshit.

My apologies @Vietfox but I don't feel like dealing with a crock of horseshit especially at high ranks. Also I don't care what rank you or anyone might be. heck half the time I don't really care much about my own rank but the higher I go the more ######### I have to deal with.

Also yes I do play solo and has a squad and yes it does hurt when they Dodge but I can see the reason why they do it.

Game stops being fun at high ranks. You find a lot more Dodgers there than maybe any other rank. 

And if you really think they'd only killers are a bunch of pansies why are there so many survivors joining in my matches then leaving immediately ruining their teammate and lowering the rank just like killers are doing now...
  • Vietfox

And if you really think they'd only killers are a bunch of pansies why are there so many survivors joining in my matches then leaving immediately ruining their teammate and lowering the rank just like killers are doing now...
    As i said i dont derank, I AM a damn tryhard.
    Anyone who knows me knows as well that i don't like derankers, either if they are killers or survivors.
  • Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

I think their point was that survivors do it just as often, but they wait until the game started rather than before it can even start. Not even just the quitting for deranking or dcing the second they hear a nurse screech, but also the ones who sandbag, get caught instantly and suicide on the hook, etc.

If I had to choose, I'd rather games like that just not start so I can avoid wasting my items/addons/offerings.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

OP @Vietfox or anyone suffering from the same rate of lobbydodging, add me on PS4 and I'll play vs you on KYF whenever online/possible. PS4 tag same as name here.

• Vietfox
    edited January 2019

OP @Vietfox or anyone suffering from the same rate of lobbydodging, add me on PS4 and I'll play vs you on KYF whenever online/possible. PS4 tag same as name here.

Cool, add me. My psn is Vietfox87.
  • Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Op it seems you are very unlucky, or maybe YOU are the reason why killers dodge?

We cant know, but I play solo or duo and I rarely get dodged more than few times in a row.
  • Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

I have had killers dodge the moment I join. I don't know why. Was my ping so bad they had a heart attack?

It does't happen that often but it happens often enough. Maybe once every 10 games.

On my end, I dodge when the ping is more than 300. I can't play at that ping. If it doens't rubberband like hell, everything I do is delayed, huge disadvantage. Like, I can't even unhook people properly 300, and it's almost impossible to go for a Borrowed Time unhook at 400 because the killer will just pick you up.

Something as simple as pressing left click to heal an injured teammate is awkward and takes a few seconds to do at 200 - 300 ping.

• Vietfox
    @Laakeri said:
    Op it seems you are very unlucky, or maybe YOU are the reason why killers dodge?

We cant know, but I play solo or duo and I rarely get dodged more than few times in a row.
    What makes you think they dodge because of me? I'm not toxic to killers (not to the ones who don't deserve it at least)
  • Stompa
    Stompa Member Posts: 154

people also dodge lobbies if:

ping is red
    vac bans on record ( nobody wants to host a cheater i guess?)
    twitch thots since the host does not give consent to get the game streamed
    the usual cancerous survivor names that indicate post game insults and rascism
    host gets a phone call

its not all about the little snowflakes bringing too many toolboxes or there is too much chocolate in a lobby. every person has its own reasons to dodge or end a lobby.

i would appreciate if you use that god given brain a little more and not try to apply your assumtion to the whole playerbase

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Red ranks have a lot of lobby dodgers on pc and it's usually not due to items either, it's due to they just don't like someone that plays stealthy usually. I can go in with non camo outfits but as soon as they see me join with no item it's instant dodge.

I don't teabag them, don't loop them endlessly unless it's a Billy trying to cheese with the chainsaw charged behind me the whole time. Then I'm going to do my best to loop them senseless because i don't go for that cheese bs.

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Ryuhi said:

I think their point was that survivors do it just as often, but they wait until the game started rather than before it can even start. Not even just the quitting for deranking or dcing the second they hear a nurse screech, but also the ones who sandbag, get caught instantly and suicide on the hook, etc.

If I had to choose, I'd rather games like that just not start so I can avoid wasting my items/addons/offerings.

On console that fear of the nurse is non existent , I could probably count on one hand how many nurse players I've had that I could say damn I better watch myself this time, but I'm just gonna put it out there because this is probably what it is getting me dodged , I like to use flashlights alot and I'll bring them or trade for them alot of the time , I'm also a medkit user because I don't use self-care so I guess it may be perceived as a insta heal though it's not majority of the time (not gonna pretend like I never use them though) but that's why I complain about being dodged for items, killers have their ebony mori,  infinite tier three , tombstone, one shot add ons, blindness / aura reading add ons, 5 blink nurse add ons etc.. and all I want to do is bring a intended ######### item into my game to make it more fun for me against these things because I'm at a rank where that's all I see , you have perks or really mechanics already there tbh to counter anything I do if you do it right, dodging is BS and someone shouldn't Dodge this stuff all the way to rank one and then complain about seeing it all the time , people who do this don't belong at that rank because they cherry picked their way to one and now feel like they have to "derank" it's a joke at this point 
  • Vietfox
    edited January 2019
    @Stompa said:

people also dodge lobbies if:

ping is red
    vac bans on record ( nobody wants to host a cheater i guess?)
    twitch thots since the host does not give consent to get the game streamed
    the usual cancerous survivor names that indicate post game insults and rascism
    host gets a phone call

its not all about the little snowflakes bringing too many toolboxes or there is too much chocolate in a lobby. every person has its own reasons to dodge or end a lobby.

i would appreciate if you use that god given brain a little more and not try to apply your assumtion to the whole playerbase

I already use it and i can tell when it's because of ping. As i said in this very thread before, dodging because of ping is fine. I would appreciate if you read assuming, thanks.
    Post edited by Vietfox on
  • Okuu46
    Okuu46 Member Posts: 93
    edited January 2019

So the statements within this thread, you people are basically saying how it's not fair for the survivors because they're not getting in a game; but have you ever stopped and think about how it's unfair for the killer most of the time?

When killers dodge lobbies; it's not because there doing it for the pleasure, their mostly doing it because they don't want a game too last 4 or 5 mins, because all the survivors decided to bring in purple toolboxes and such; not only that, but your wanting killers to go through the entire match stressed out of their mind trying to find survivors, trying to stop objectives, etc, etc.

With you guys wanting to punish lobby dodging; your basically forcing them to play these unfair, unbalanced matches all the time, which would lead more into a downfall for killer mains. And don't give me this "Oh but i play both sides!" Really now, if that was the case We wouldn't have these sort of threads in the first place...

Everyone would rather play survivor or another game because it's not as stressful? and if it is, Tell me, what's the one thing stressful about playing survivor; holding down m1 until the objective is done or trying to dodge the killer and his attacks?

I can tell you, it's no where near as stressful as playing as a killer.
    For starters, You have to deal with 4 survivors, all of which might be communicating to one another; as well as stopping the objective and guarding your totems; not only that but your time is very crucial,
    if you don't plan things out, you could be genrushed too high noon; and the match will only last under 5 mins
    even after all the exit gates are open; survivors will stick around for another 3 or 5 mins; mocking the killer as if they accomplished something huge
    then once they leave, you have that last survivor that stays behind being all high and mighty; after making the killer feel like crap, he escapes through the hatch with a big middle finger; because you know; "Hatches are so totally fair and balanced.."

But anyway, you get my point. My last thought on this is; just be glad people even still stick around this multiplayer mess of a game; for how long this game's been alive, and all the problems and issues it's been having over the years, i'm surprised it hasn't died off yet...

• Vietfox
    @Okuu46 said:

So the statements within this thread, you people are basically saying how it's not fair for the survivors because they're not getting in a game; but have you ever stopped and think about how it's unfair for the killer most of the time?

When killers dodge lobbies; it's not because there doing it for the pleasure, their mostly doing it because they don't want a game too last 4 or 5 mins, because all the survivors decided to bring in purple toolboxes and such; not only that, but your wanting killers to go through the entire match stressed out of their mind trying to find survivors, trying to stop objectives, etc, etc.

With you guys wanting to punish lobby dodging; your basically forcing them to play these unfair, unbalanced matches all the time, which would lead more into a downfall for killer mains. And don't give me this "Oh but i play both sides!" Really now, if that was the case We wouldn't have these sort of threads in the first place...

Everyone would rather play survivor or another game because it's not as stressful? and if it is, Tell me, what's the one thing stressful about playing survivor; holding down m1 until the objective is done or trying to dodge the killer and his attacks?

I can tell you, it's no where near as stressful as playing as a killer.
    For starters, You have to deal with 4 survivors, all of which might be communicating to one another; as well as stopping the objective and guarding your totems; not only that but your time is very crucial,
    if you don't plan things out, you could be genrushed too high noon; and the match will only last under 5 mins
    even after all the exit gates are open; survivors will stick around for another 3 or 5 mins; mocking the killer as if they accomplished something huge
    then once they leave, you have that last survivor that stays behind being all high and mighty; after making the killer feel like crap, he escapes through the hatch with a big middle finger; because you know; "Hatches are so totally fair and balanced.."

Oh not this again.
    Sorry but i never dodge lobbies because of items, skins or swf and my games don't last less than 5 minutes. Many others in this forum can say the same, so the problem with dodgers are mainly the skills.
    Don't like toolboxes? Run FD.
    Precisely because i play both sides i can make a thread like this, and i play as the nurse on console too btw. People who dodge are just people who don't want to put much effort and look for easy games, just like derankers.
    If people want easy games then fine, but they should switch to single player games.

Okuu46 said:

My last thought on this is; just be glad people even still stick around

Why do i want people who lobbydodge to stick around? It's not like they are giving us many matches.