The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pyramid Head's Caging animation is (possibly) bugged and it's now the generic 2v8 teleport animation

SanelyOsp
SanelyOsp Member Posts: 69
edited August 1 in Bug Reporting

The possible bug is on PS5, though I'd think it's on every platform, and it's visible every time you cage a survivor as Pyramid Head.

First of all, this has probably been in the game for at least a week since 2v8 started, so I'm just now seeing this change because I've been playing the new mode all the time except for today, but OH MY GOD, this change is horrible and has taken quite a lot of Pyramid Head's caging personality away.

To explain myself better, the caging animation for Pyramid Head has been changed. Instead of the super awesome puddle of blood that made the survivors drown and be teleported, it's now the generic instant blood teleport from 2v8. The drowning in blood animation is WAY cooler than the 2v8 one, has a lot more of Silent Hill character and flavor to it, and it gave his teleport a more satisfying and unique feel. Now it's the generic teleport that all the current five 2v8 killers have.

I'm a P100 PH main so it's super noticeable right away after playing him for 4 years and joining DBD thanks to him and Silent Hill.

I don't know if it's a bug because his cages are basically the basis of the new mode's teleport so maybe it changed without notice. But this feels wrong, it feels very wrong. Of course it now has the VERY SLIGHT advantage of not being blocked by the animation if you want to walk forward immediately after caging, but that was a very small unnoticeable aspect to it anyway, and you could change it so that the survivors don't have collision during that animation.

PLEASE, I BEG YOU, revert this animation and return my cool AF puddle of blood drowning animation!

Thanks for the attention! And sorry for the passion, I'm an avid SH fan and I just want my triangle boy to be cool as always!

Post edited by EQWashu on
2 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.