Hook Suiciding

2»

Comments

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 1,041

I can see where you’re coming from, but in my opinion the correct way to process the situation is to make slugging for the 4K not an option - what that looks like in terms of balance is up for debate. But simply making it so killers get an easier win and survivors get even less of a chance is not the way forward to me.

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 351

You are technically correct and Bhvr intends it to be this way with their stated 1v1v1v1v1 philosophy but realistically this is a load of horseshit and current hatch is nothing more than a participation trophy so players don't call gg and disconnect early. If someone embraces this mindset and plays accordingly they can and will get banned for griefing. Yes, sure, lore, immersion, bloodpoints, gameplay incentives and all that pointlessness. I don't care.

This game is a prisoner's dilemma (soloQ only obviously) with a bunch of external soft rules attached to it. So the only thing that can remotely be called a win in the grand scheme of things is a survivor walking through the gate after 5 gens are repaired. What does a hatch at 5 gens mean exactly? One of the reasons soloQ is as miserable as it is is precisely because a lot of players do stupid 1v1v1v1v1 and don't do smart 4v1 things.

If everyone was hardcore-focused on escaping even if it's only by hatch then this game would be even more miserable because hatch plays don't start at 2 survivors left but earlier.

• Rage_In_The_Cage
    Rage_In_The_Cage Member Posts: 36

man.. I’m a killer main and I don’t even want to imagine this game without the hatch. I remember before the end game collapse and how survivors would just play ultra immersed if there were only a couple left and neither had a key for the hatch (assuming it had spawned). It would go back to that.

You said killer should be able to open the gate “after an amount of time”. That is a guaranteed survivor escape, assuming you don’t have an instadown in play. So you’re ok with looking for a survivor for some time and then going to the gate and opening it, guaranteeing they escape. But you aren’t ok with looking for a survivor and hatch for some time and they either hop through or you close it?