The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

PC - Doctor madness object auras briefly visible without iridescent add-ons

da703337
da703337 Member Posts: 7
  1. Launch the game of course.
  2. Load into a public or private game as The Doctor.
  3. It doesn’t happen often (or at least not while I’m looking), but occasionally a fake Doctor has a white aura through walls without any iridescent add-ons.

I could have forgotten quite what his iridescent add-ons do, they might not show auras, but I’ve had this happen a few times and give me information I shouldn’t have.

Perks and map do not seem to have any effect on this.

To further clarify the issue, the aura fades in and then disappears within half a second, and does not reappear.

2 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review

Comments

• MarbleThrone
    MarbleThrone Member Posts: 421

From what I understand, without any add-ons the Doctor can still see the auras of hallucinations experienced by survivors who are in Tier 3 Madness. This is a basekit mechanic.

The three Restraint add-ons and the Iridescent King all have the effect that "You share into your patients' Madness and can see the Illusionary Doctors."

Were you by any chance using any of the 3 Restraint add-ons during your matches?

• da703337
    da703337 Member Posts: 7
    edited August 8

I was yes, but it seems odd that I would be able to see their auras only briefly and then never again, even if I am meant to see them.

Post edited by da703337 on