Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Chest Survivor Animation Bug: Survivors appear to be opening chests when actually running away.

VantablackPharaoh91
VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580
edited August 12 in Bug Reporting

It is currently possible for a Survivor to run up to a 99ed chest in chase, "tap" the chest to fake opening it, then run away. Thanks to an animation error, this appears to the Killer as if they are opening the chest when their scratch marks are moving away while the character is "invisible", causing missed swings and fakeouts.

This would be clever as a "tech" except for the problem that you can combo perks that hide scratch marks with this glitch, creating an exploitable scenario where Killers cannot properly hit Survivors running something like Lightweight as long as they tap a chest first. Of course this wouldn't be fair, and of course this would be considered an exploit as it can only be done by SWF trying to do this glitch on purpose.

This glitch appears to be replicable whenever a Survivor is in chase with a Killer, has time to run to a 99ed chest, and the Survivor then has time to open it and run away. Please look into this before it becomes an exploitable situation.

Post edited by Rizzo on
2 votes

Duplicate · Last Updated

This issue has already been reported, you can upvote it and comment here: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/419111/pc-moving-after-finishing-opening-a-chest-makes-the-survivor-visually-stick-to-it-for-a-second#latest

Comments

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,821

I don't know what the cause is, but I just had this happen in two games of 2v8 on PC. Survivors would appear to crouch and open a chest as I was approaching and then they would suddenly teleport away from the chest.

This discussion has been closed.