We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

So Many Unconfirmed Accounts

There's been a wave of weird accounts spamming the forums for weeks now. There's barely any decent discussion going on. It's just troll bait and hideously inarticulate complaints. Almost all of this is coming from unconfirmed accounts. Based on how these people communicate, it's not hard to imagine that they have been banned before and have just signed up again.

My suggestion is to make it so unconfirmed accounts can't post threads. This will slow down the rate of sock puppet accounts, and force people to at least go through the hassle of setting up a new email account before they come back and fill the forums with trash again.

This place has never been perfect, but it's an absolute dumpster fire right now. The main page of the forums looks like Twitter.

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,996
    edited August 14

When it comes to the Dead by Daylight feedback forum, it's important to understand how the process works and why it’s pretty much immune to silly ideas or unproven claims. Sure, anyone can post their thoughts, but BHVR doesn’t just take everything at face value. They have a system for analyzing feedback that’s actually quite critical.

Here’s the deal: BHVR doesn’t just go by what’s popular on the forum. They dig into the data they have—things like player stats, game balance, and overall performance. So even if a bunch of new accounts popped up out of nowhere, all saying that the latest update to the Knight was the best thing since sliced cheese, it wouldn’t really matter. BHVR would still look at the actual numbers and see if those claims hold water.

Plus, it’s not just the devs who are critical—so is the community. We discuss these updates and ideas thoroughly, and it’s this kind of rational, logical discussion that BHVR actually pays attention to. If an idea can’t survive that kind of scrutiny, it’s not going to get very far, no matter how many people try to boost it.

So yeah, the system is designed to filter out the noise and focus on feedback that makes sense both logically and with the data. That’s why it doesn’t matter if 100 players make fresh accounts to push an idea—it won’t go anywhere if it doesn’t meet BHVR’s standards.

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,642
    edited August 14

Thanks for the feedback about the state of the Forums. Please report anything that is in violation of the Forum Rules so the team can look into it! That includes things that do not contribute to discussions: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/137-forum-rules

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 941

I'm not too worried about the devs listening to bad ideas. It's more that people who have clearly been banned based on how they communicate, and have signed up again without bothering to create a new email address (that's why they're all unconfirmed), are flooding the site with garbage and bait.

I feel like I'm visiting a TK MAXX, whilst on vacation in Hell. There's something in here I want to read or interact with, but it's buried under a pile crap. It's always been a thing, but the amount of it has sky rocketed recently. It just makes the forums are worse place to visit. If I wanted to dig through a wasteland of troll bait to find useful information, I'd use Twitter.

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,642

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, as well. The Forums are an important space for our players to communicate!