The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

BHVR fixed zero of Dredges actual problems

Yggleif
Yggleif Member Posts: 169
edited August 28 in Feedback and Suggestions

Dredge got a lot of changes in this update and they all make them feel smoother to play but Dredge is still as weak as they ever were. Getting out of locked lockers sooner is nice but it doesn't change the fact the locks shouldn't exist to begin with and weaken an already weak killer. Getting into nightfall without skull is nice but you still need skull because dredge is still a joke outside of nightfall. Here's Dredges actual problems and how BHVR can fix them.

1. More lockers, this is obvious and I get we're not adding more lockers for Huntress or Trickster but can we get them specifically for Dredge? You can't say this is impossible to do when you can just spawn a few extra lockers near gens using the same logic you use for Xeno's control stations or Sadako's TVs. No gen should exist on the map that Dredge can't get to with their power
  2. Dredge uses the same resource for antiloop, mobility and if using cowl their built in info. This is a problem because it harms how flexible Dredge can be in using their power. I don't think there's a way to actually separate all this given how Dredge was designed so honestly just give Dredge the other half of ottomarian writing basekit and make the add-on do something else.
  3. Remove locks. I get thinking Dredge was going to be too strong in the concept phase but it should be obvious at this point that they're not and the locks are fully unnecessary given survivors get the warning of the very loud locker rattling before Dredge emerges. Unless you're spending half the game destroying locks which you don't actually have time to do given you're a weaker killer and will generally have longer chase times compared to a Billy, Nurse, Spirit, etc using the teleport in chase is giving free distance to the survivor if you teleport to even one locked locker.

I think if BHVR does all this Dredge becomes a respectable low A tier High B tier killer that's entirely map reliant. Dredge is a great design but please stop punishing Dredge for using their power or creating scenarios where you literally cannot use your power. If anyone thinks this would make Dredge too strong keep in mind they're still a basic m1 killer in chase without their power that has to respect pallets, it would take a lot to actually make Dredge OP.

Comments

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 777

I don‘t have a problem with one and two. For 3 I suggested in the ptb that nightfall resets lockers, but sadly they didn‘t add that.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,088

1 or 2 I don't have an issue with. Dredge finally feels amazing. I love it. Point 3 could be interesting. It would've been nice to test it :)