We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Vecna Tweaks

I know you guys just released data showing that Vecna is doing well, but my gut tells me that he isn't all that strong. He's not weak, but he's not on par with say Pyramid Head or Plague. So if you chose to improve him, I would suggest a few ideas.

1. Fly - Reduce the cooldown to twenty seconds and give Vecna more gas, so he can fly further.
  2. FOTD - This spell is great, and I will die on this hill. No changes needed. Maybe reduce the cooldown so it can be used more often. More power usage = more fun.
  3. Dispelling Sphere - I have no idea how to make this better without ruining it. It's a fine spell. It does a good job and it looks awesome. It likely needs no changes.
  4. Mage Hand - Now this one is more spicy. I think Mage Hand should become a parry, similar to how DH functions. You predict when the survivor is going to drop the pallet, and if you time it correctly within a set amount of frames, it destroys the pallet. This would add additional skill expression to his toolkit, and be a really awesome ability that highly rewards good reads.
  5. That's all I can think of.

Vecna is really cool. I hope to see more of him.

Comments

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

Vecna's spells having consistent cooldowns across the board is fine. His cooldowns are okay, maybe reduce them to 35 seconds and nerf cooldown addons. 20 seconds would be too short for the amount of powers he has.

Fly could use an extra second of duration and could be made quieter. I also think he should either block windows by default for the duration of his flight cancel animation or he should always push survivors away from him after cancelling flight, because right now, survivors have full control and can 100% vault back if they hug a window or pallet, even if Vecna does the same to try to block them.

FoTD is way too reactable taking 0.5 seconds to activate its hitbox after the purple smoke spawns. I will die on the hill that this is just too much time to react for any survivor who is actually paying attention and could be reduced to 0.4 seconds. It'd require more of a read from survivors.

Dispelling sphere is fine as is.

Mage hand is 100% fine as is. It can be countered by a good read from the survivor, or more easily if you have the mage hand item, which is a good thing.

Imo, Book of Vile Darkness should not work the way it does because it can lead to some nasty 2 taps that are a bit too easy with this addon imo, especially when combined with Ornate Horn.

Vecna is already a pretty amazing killer. I love him so much and i've legit played way more of the game since his release. He could use some teeeeny tiny buffs, but he is by no means unable to deal with stronger opponents, so long as your skill as the Vecna player is up to par.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,132

Vecna has good 4v1 and good 1v1

Comparing Mage hand to Dead hard is a bit ironic considering it got removed because people didn't enjoy going against it. Most people call him boring because of Mage hand.

there are other killers who need help much more direly than he does.

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 1,132

The Vecna stats used data from June. It's outdated af.