Idea That Came To Me In A Dream That Seemed Really Cool

Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,182
edited September 10 in Feedback and Suggestions

Predator is a really underwhelming perk, and recently I had a dream and it gave me a really cool idea on how to buff it.

Old Effect:

Scratchmarks left behind by Survivors spawn closer together.

New Effect:

Scratchmarks left behind by Survivors glow brighter and spawn closer together in a more continuous trail. Particles comes from the Scratchmarks, making them easier to see from across the map.

Scratchmarks that fade away sometimes leave behind a phantom animal (prey) that is facing the general direction of the Survivor is currently located at.

"The beast hunts. Cuts us down like animals. But sometimes it sits and listens, as if the spirits of its old prey speak to the beast."

Comments

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,267

Kind of like the scent orbs? Would be pretty neat. Would be really nice looking with the particle effects as well.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,182
    edited September 10

The idea is to kind of have it act like Scent Orbs but instead of it being the direction they traveled, it is focused on the general direction they are current located (when the Phantom Animal was created). This way you can use it to go for cut-offs using the information from the Phantom Animals AND Scratchmarks/Particles instead of just having to make a guess.