The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The Dark Lord Causing GPU Temperature Increase

GeneralDaltonXander
GeneralDaltonXander Member Posts: 27
edited September 15 in Bug Reporting

Hello,

It's my first time coming back to the forums and making a post in five years. My how this place has changed…

Anyway, I came here to let you know of a possibly niche issue but an issue nonetheless. When I play the Dark Lord, my GPU temperature will increase significantly and cause its fans to spin wildly whenever I specifically transform into and out of bat-form. This starts to happen about halfway through my first match as the Dark Lord whenever I first start up the game. After that, it persist every time I play him from then on. This issue was not present during the PTB, his initial release, nor the last patch/buff. I have only noticed this occurring after the "Lights Out" Event was implemented.

Note: This does not happen with any other killer. After extensive play time with other killers, only the Dark Lord has caused my GPU to heat up.

I'm not very tech savvy, however, I'm fairly certain that this issue is not on my end. I say this only because I have done a fresh installation of Windows four days ago with a new HDD and have downloaded nothing but a few Steam games onto the computer since then and nothing else. In case it's specifically hardware related (doubtful), my GPU is a RTX 3090. I also use a 4k monitor with 144hz refresh rate just in case that might narrow down a possibility. I tried adjusting the in-game quality and resolution settings to no avail, so it does not appear to be graphical in nature. I think something funky happened with the code this new update and it became un-optimized somehow.

Let me know what you think and if you need anything (or if I missed something), let me know! I'm glad to be back after a long time. :)

Post edited by EQWashu on
1 votes

Declined · Last Updated

This looks like a technical issue, if you still require assistance please ask other forum users in the Ask the Community sub section as we do not offer technical support on this forum.

This discussion has been closed.