The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

so should we expect plague/cenobite nerfs now?

2»

Comments

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,093

I got the message loud and clear. I will ease on playing Freddy xD

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,060

Probably. Why not, right? Make two killers half-decent, make 2 more less than decent in exchange. That's the pattern of DBD.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,697

I still think Plague's iri addons could stand to be toned down. Basekit I think she's fine

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392

They understand that. But their solution to the problem is to punish survivors rather than admit she is a poorly designed addition to the game

• danielmaster87

Well, survivors could just, at any time, decide to not to play against a certain killer, and they'd just get nerfed. Arbitrarily, with no argument on why the killer is supposedly strong, nothing. They did this with Freddy and Spirit. Now, Skull Merchant for like the 2nd or 3rd time. It's not a good idea to feed into that. And it's very 1-sided. Killers don't like being pressured to tunnel or camp, but they still do it because it's all they've got. Survivors can also use strategies to beat certain killers, but they instead just give up until the killer gets nerfed. That's not an ever-improving playerbase. That's a very noobish and immature playerbase who refuse to improve, who are an anomaly in the gaming space, because they're the only ones who get to act this way and still get catered to. It's embarrassing.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,532

I also think they nerf her due to the massive amount of players giving up against her but we don't really know that, do we? It's just as likely as a nerf because of kill rates. The devs have a history of changing things based on raw numbers.

Either way, the changes they proposed are not good. I'm far from a Skull Merchant fan but giving her the Freddy treatment is not an acceptable solution. Especially considering, that they needed that long to do anything with her and and now Plague and Pinhead are up for changes but not her. So this indicates that she isn't a top priority at least, which for changes this drastic is not a good look.

The funny thing is that these changes don't even adress her actual flaws (other than the haste part). So I would interprete this as a hope that survivors will no longer give up against her because she is now so easy to beat. But that means that playing her will feel pretty awful. Just like Freddy.

• danielmaster87

You've got the demographics wrong, but that is absolutely what these people do.

I message them every now and then, "Why'd you instantly give up? You screwed over the whole team."

"Shuddup! I do what I want! (angry gargling noises)." Can't give any response which utilizes any logic or coherent thought.

Whatever it takes to get a killer nerfed, which makes their low skill matches easier, that's what they'll do. Asking them to improve or self-reflect offends them, which activates BHVR's "killing with kindness" maternal instincts towards them. The devs protect them and justify their actions no matter what.

• danielmaster87

I don't see that at all. They're punishing survivors by nerfing her twice? And she's only "badly designed" in that teams of 2 noobs and 2 good players can't beat her, because the noobs don't use strategy or game awareness and will just die or give a free 3-gen. So if being able to beat bad survivors is bad design, piggybacking off of BHVR's MMR being terrible for solo, then sure.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 800

I think Pinhead is fine. Plague I could see getting a love tap not because she's strong(she's insane and has been for years) but because she's a chess killer.