The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Executioner needs a rework

Jarred2504
Jarred2504 Member Posts: 5
edited September 18 in Feedback and Suggestions

I play as both survivor and killer and been up against Pyramid Head quite a few times and also been playing around with him when playing as killer and he's already become one of my favs having one of the highest prestige levels of the killers I have but like a number of killers he has his flaws that are causing some major underperformance compared to some other killers.

A lot of the issues I am about to mention stim from the Executioner's main ability Rites of Judgment and being able to inflict Torment which why decent at cutting off areas and being able to see the general location of a survivor and unlocking his other abilities it can be difficult on some larger and more open maps. His secondary ability Punishment of the Damned is the main thing I am looking which is frankly the only good thing out of this killer as ranged attacks are always good and its really good for dealing with looping and getting survivors in narrow corridors which makes Pyramid Head a real menace on indoors maps such as Midwich Elementary School and Lery's Memorial Institute. But again there are the issues that are making this ability a bit weak, main thing is it's rather easy to avoid especially in open areas as survivors can see the orange pattern on the ground as the attack is coming and able to zigzag out of the way easily not to mention the width of the attack is quite narrow making it all the more easy for survivors to avoid even in some tight spaces. Next is the ability to sacrafice survivors by using the Cage of Atonement or kill them with Final Judgment when they are inflicted by Torment, the cages are more less a "fancy feature" than a practical ability as for one the survivor gets sent to the farthest point from the killer and you can't even see the aura of the cage so you have no idea where survivor is and therefore can't possibly get setup to ambush a rescuer like with a regular hook, and additionally if a survivor inflicted with Torment rescues a caged survivor they also remove their Torment, that is really crossing the line with the fact of how difficult it can be to inflict Torment on more skilled survivors that know how to avoid the razor wire.

And so with the issues listed this be some of the proposals I have on trying to address the underperformance of the Executioner's abilities.

Starting with the Cage of Atonement ability, the cages were not always in their current state, you used to be able to see their aura but this was later changed out apparently cause of camping and now if the killer gets near the cage it also teleports around the map. Normally I would just say at least make the cage aura visible again so the killer can potentially get the drop on a would-be rescuer but I think I got a better idea to make the cages actually more useful. First is a tormented survivor rescuing a caged survivor should not be cleared of their torment, that is my top issue, second is along with the cages being invisible to the killer it's also not visible to survivors except every 15 seconds the caged survivor gives off an aura visible to both survivors and the killer, this would mean survivors will now have to be running around the map searching for the cage for a bit until its aura is revealed to which the killer could teleport the cage from its location, that would bring a lot more usage out of the cage instead of killers just saving the Torment to use Final Judgment.

Next is the ranged attack Punishment of the Damned. As said above it can be easily dodged by some survivors because they can see where it is coming and it is rather debatable on whether or not this should be changed, one thing I have seen other people proposing is the matter of POTD also being able to inflict Torment on survivors, also seen suggestions that it should be able to leave rite trails where it is launched. Starting with the former I recall hearing and seeing gameplay footage once of this, and some were claiming it was too OP, while I kind of agree there I also do agree that Punishment of the Damned should do this given it's basically the same thing as Rites of Judgment, but to avoid it possibly being game breaking I suggest this should be locked to a new ultra-rare add-on, which will allow POTD to inflict Torment on survivors hit with it but requires Rites of Judgment to be at least 75% charged in order to do so. In addition the latter should be a default buff as making POTD able to leave rite trails would allow for easier blocking of routes during looping and potentially being able to inflict Torment this way, also allow to quickly setup rite trails in front of generators, hooked survivors or routes allowing more area denial.

And those be my suggestion on improving the Executioner and making his abilities not be so underperforming.

Post edited by Jarred2504 on

Comments