We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Should Skill Checks Be Normalized?

Garresh
Garresh Member Posts: 50
edited October 15 in Feedback and Suggestions

I've been trying with Bardic Inspiration, Hyperfocus, Stake Out, and Toolboxes lately. Something I've come to realize is that the inconsistency of skill checks makes these perks potentially overpowered, but usually very underpowered. Any skill check based perk is terrible unless you boost the rate with toolboxes(or Deadline for Autodidact).

If you don't have Toolboxes, Bardic Inspiration is only useful for memes. Hyperfocus is potent but the odds are so low that you can chew through half a gen before you get even 2 skill checks.

Otoh, if you have a commodious with extra charges you can pull out a quite frankly ridiculous amount of skill checks. l had a game earlier tonight where I finished a gen from 0 to 100, solo, before I used up my toolbox. I didn't time it exactly but a commodious with +20 charges from the 2 addons should last like 35 seconds or so right? Hyperfocus, Stakeout, Bardic stacking is honestly broken if you are consistent and have someone to run the killer for half a minute or so.

I'm wondering if skill check chance should be increased across the board, but toolbox chance lowered to only slightly more often? It seems like it would do a lot to buff perks that are usually weaker, while also avoiding God tier players hitting greats nonstop and destroying gens at absurd speeds. Thoughts?