The Pig: Camping or Bodyblocking?

Options

Now, I saw this through a "Funny Moments" video and I have used it a few times... and by a few times I mean many times. The trick is to put a reverse bear trap onto the head of a survivor, sneak outside of the basement, and come back to block the stairs as the timer goes down, preventing them from escaping. Now the argument goes: Is this camping? Bodyblocking or holding the game hostage? I love seeing them nod and tea bag before their head explodes but I always feel a bit bad after it, so I finally stopped. Thoughts?

Comments

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

@iOrangeStain said:
    Now, I saw this through a "Funny Moments" video and I have used it a few times... and by a few times I mean many times. The trick is to put a reverse bear trap onto the head of a survivor, sneak outside of the basement, and come back to block the stairs as the timer goes down, preventing them from escaping. Now the argument goes: Is this camping? Bodyblocking or holding the game hostage? I love seeing them nod and tea bag before their head explodes but I always feel a bit bad after it, so I finally stopped. Thoughts?

It is a strategy, it won't be bannable, if you ask, because you have a purpose in it and you do not hold someone's game hostage - they will be dead anyway.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options
    It’s a strategy. You will not get banned for it, no matter what those salty little Survivors say. 
  • hannah
    hannah Member Posts: 10
    Options

if they didnt have a trap on and you were just blocking and not doing anything, that would've been holding the game hostage but what you're doing is fine.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

It as already been answered a while ago on steam it isn't compted as keeping the game hostage since the guy with the RBT while die.
    And if the one doing the save doesn't have a RBT it still doesn't compt as keeping the game hostage as long as you don't just stand there until he dc or something AFTER the one with the RBT died

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

It's called, "being a dick hole".

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited May 2018
    Options

Isn't that why Myers has no collision when stalking? Or why killers briefly have no collision after attacking?

I don't think it's a strategy, I think it's exploiting a game mechanic. It's not holding the game hostage, but that's a faulty comparison.

I don't think it's bannable, but I think it should be changed to be in line with the rest of the game. Sometimes killers bodyblock survivors to lock them in the basement. Even if they go in and kill them after a few minutes or just do it to prevent unhooks, it's really pointless and destructive to be sanctioned by the game.

• SqrunkTrep
    SqrunkTrep Member Posts: 30
    Options

Only thing you can get is salt in chat but besides that you can do it as much as you want

• iOrangeStain
    iOrangeStain Member Posts: 81
    Options

@only1biggs said:

:^)

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

Dickish move and probably is considered holding the game hostage type thing. Although some will say otherwise I think it should be bannable or at least make it impossible to do. If you really want to stop that type of stuff then remove basements entirely which is a bad idea but it'd solve the issue.

The other way to solve it is to make basements have 2 entrances similar to Haddonfields basement gen room. It has 2 stair entrances. That'd be much more fair and would completely prevent blocking/camping. You could still technically try and do it but at least there's a possible way to escape.

• only1biggs
    Options

@iOrangeStain said:

@only1biggs said:

Someone flagged my joke as abuse :'D

• iOrangeStain
    Options

@only1biggs said:

@iOrangeStain said:

@only1biggs said:

I actually didn't. I would if you used any -ist -phobic slurs, lol.

• iOrangeStain
    Options

@powerbats said:
    Dickish move and probably is considered holding the game hostage type thing. Although some will say otherwise I think it should be bannable or at least make it impossible to do. If you really want to stop that type of stuff then remove basements entirely which is a bad idea but it'd solve the issue.

The other way to solve it is to make basements have 2 entrances similar to Haddonfields basement gen room. It has 2 stair entrances. That'd be much more fair and would completely prevent blocking/camping. You could still technically try and do it but at least there's a possible way to escape.

I think they should just remove Pig's collision, or remove all collision inside of the shack.

• only1biggs
    Options

@iOrangeStain said:

@only1biggs said:

@iOrangeStain said:

@only1biggs said:

Why would I do that? :/

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

@only1biggs said:

Flagged for an obvious joke.

I love this community.

• iOrangeStain
    Options

@only1biggs said:

@iOrangeStain said:

@only1biggs said:

@iOrangeStain said:

@only1biggs said:

Why would I do that? :/

No idea, but you didn't, so I didn't report. I do agree that it is a dickish move tho.

• only1biggs
    Options

@Mc_Harty said:

@only1biggs said:

I love this community.

I mentioned in another thread that 95% of the player base is brain dead...that also got flagged :'D

• iOrangeStain
    Options

@only1biggs said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@only1biggs said:

I love this community.

I mentioned in another thread that 95% of the player base is brain dead...that also got flagged :'D

But it's true.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@iOrangeStain said:

@only1biggs said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@only1biggs said:

I love this community.

But it's true.

95% is probably being generous one way or the other.

• kinglion
    kinglion Member Posts: 15
    Options

For me, it's a working strategy if, and only if, you're ONLY goal is securing a kill with RBT, not 4K-ing or such. The chase, the waiting time for the unhook and the time it would take for the RBT to go off would result to several gen pops by the other Survivors.

Also, it as a cheap move.