The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Toxic DCs

Something needs to be done about Toxic DCs and their effect on the game. I have not had more than a handful of games did NOT feature a player dcing. Every other game people dc'd wrecking the game for both the killer and survivors. The fact they can quit and cripple the game is garbage. I was playing survivor and lost my pip due to some coward disconnecting from the game. When I am the killer and someone dc's it is just as bad because my points get gimped, but at least I get something unlike the survs who get left behind. At some point you're going to have to accept that the toxicity in the DBD playerbase is getting out of hand start implementing solutions to deal with it permanently.

Also, remove the stupid thing where you cancel the unhooking animation. You are letting toxic players grief others for no reason by leaving this in the game. Make it so if you go unhook someone you're committed the whole way through. Only the killer can interrupt the unhooking process. Rather than leaving in something for trolls to be scummy with just take it out already. It would be better to just not get unhooked than to be held hostage by someone whose supposed to be your teammate. Bad enough people can body block your escapes from the killer. You can't say that behavior is rare either because there are tons of players with stories of toxic nonsense like this across all play ranks.

Comments

• Lagoni
    Lagoni Member Posts: 180

@ReikoMori said:
    Also, remove the stupid thing where you cancel the unhooking animation.

While i do agree that disconnecting is a big problem with the game, i very much disagree with your suggestion of removing the unhook cancellation. I think I have been "held hostage" ounce in the entire time the mechanic has existed, and it was because someone was salty that i made a poor save due to "Tinkerer".
    The mechanic lets the saving survivor make a snap decision, if they realize that its a bad save.
    I probably play killer more than survivor, and I don't mind the mechanic, as my play style generally doesn't revolve around staying close to hooks anyways.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

The reason i want to see it gone is because people aren't making decisions based on game state. Instead they are trying to bother people who are A)Not in their SWF which they use as an excuse to treat another player badly or B)They use it as a revenge tactic on a player who killed them in a previous game.

I believe optimally you should be able to make a snap decision, but not at the cost of player experience. Also gameplay wise with all the perks that affect unhooking speed just making it a clean "Do it or Don't" action is perfectly fine.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

If I'm on the killer side and someone disconnects, I'll typically choose a survivor to get the hatch.

Speaking on "Toxic" dcs tho, I get such a kick outta survivors who Tbag and act like hot sh*ts, but dc when I catch em xD

• ReikoMori

Catching the teabagger out is always fun. I just hate seeing survivor teams collapse because people quit on them. Also when I am survivor I still love seeing teabaggers get caught. I don't like losing a pip cause two people dc.

• TooHighForThis
    TooHighForThis Member Posts: 3

Something definitely needs to be done about toxic dc players, I just report them in the end but it's still not fun to deal with. I've found a lot of sympathetic killers who let you finish gens/find hatch/open gates, especially when there are multiple DCs.

Though I also disagree with the unhook mechanic being forced commitment. All actions in the game are completed at your own pace and choosing, taking that away I feel you have to make ALL game actions equal. That would lead to a lot more killers snagging them mid-action off totems/gens/chests or downings at hook rescues when they cant let go and leave. If that happens then there should be an automatic DS with a better hit zone, but only when they're pulled off. It'd also slow the game down, just a lil bit. ( a LOTTA bit)

Which can be nice, but honestly I have like 0 wait time in a survivor lobby and have no shortages there of (opposite when playin killer). Fast paced games also give better variety in experience but thats just me

• ReikoMori

Faster games can often be low scoring, low inter action games. That's another story for a different thread. The need for a locked in action for unhooking is to cut out trapping people in animation cancel loops. You need to commit to helping someone or not. If you are so salty that you feel that is a correct way to play the game then just not even bother going to unhook them. If you're gonna touch them to unhook then you need to unhook. Also there are already system mechanics in place that make unhooking not such a risky thing to do. You get a generous amount of I-frames while taking someone down.