The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The problem with NOED [RANT]

Comments

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@Attackfrog said:
    It's a bit of a paradox:

If NOED activates, and there are more than two survivors left, I have not been playing well.

If I get more than one hook after NOED activates, the survivors are not playing very well.

An age old question with a unsure answer.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    edited January 2019

Instaheals, Distortion, Dead Hard, DS, Urban Evasion, Adrenaline, Sprint Burst, Pallets, and every event firework at your disposal and you still have the nerve to call out NOED? That is sad. You have such a high chance of escape that it is mind boggling. Even at red ranks you can watch people spend a ton of time just being nearly invisible due to proper stealth tactics and fly through gens. When a survivor does make a misplay they have far more time and chances to recover from them. NOED honestly isn't even that good when it isn't the perk getting you killed. It is survivors getting greedy for points or choosing to BM when they could have easily escaped in most cases. It used to be that solution for dealing a lot of stuff was to slug the crap outta survivors. Now you have perks to recover to full multiple times so slugging took hit. That crippled early and mid game. Ruin is still crap due to totems still being crap on top of buffs to survivors through Prove Thyself. That means killers don't really get a late game so now you build for the end game especially at lower ranks cause that is the best way to force downs.
    If you getting worked over by NOED then ask yourself, "What am I doing wrong?". It's not as if NOED gives away your location it just makes you easier to down. Not even kill, just down.

• FireHazard

@ReikoMori said:
    Instaheals, Distortion, Dead Hard, DS, Urban Evasion, Adrenaline, Sprint Burst, Pallets, and every event firework at your disposal and you still have the nerve to call out NOED? That is sad. You have such a high chance of escape that it is mind boggling. Even at red ranks you can watch people spend a ton of time just being nearly invisible due to proper stealth tactics and fly through gens. When a survivor does make a misplay they have far more time and chances to recover from them. NOED honestly isn't even that good when it isn't the perk getting you killed. It is survivors getting greedy for points or choosing to BM when they could have easily escaped in most cases. It used to be that solution for dealing a lot of stuff was to slug the crap outta survivors. Now you have perks to recover to full multiple times so slugging took hit. That crippled early and mid game. Ruin is still crap due to totems still being crap on top of buffs to survivors through Prove Thyself. That means killers don't really get a late game so now you build for the end game especially at lower ranks cause that is the best way to force downs.
    If you getting worked over by NOED then ask yourself, "What am I doing wrong?". It's not as if NOED gives away your location it just makes you easier to down. Not even kill, just down.

If I had to call out everything else you listed this entire thread would be a mile long page. We can all agree that balance in this game is just a meme now a days. Which is also sad really...

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Idk... People can play with whatever perks they want. It is easy to criticize people for the stuff they do in this game. However, you pay your bucks for the game, as long as you play within the Dev's rules.

Who cares?

Easy to say...Don't use DS... Don't use Self-care.. Don't use NOED.. I play this way.. I play that way...

Who cares?

Just pick the perks you want.. The killer or survivor you want and have some fun.

Have your opinion... But it is just that.

Players don't need to measure themselves against you or your opinion, in order to play the game and have fun.

If I feel like taking out M1 Billy with NOED cause I find it funny... Well... I'm gonna do it and I don't care if little survivors have anything negative to say about it at the end... Cause I'm just gonna laugh.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    NOED is a perk for killers that think they deserve a 4k after performing bad. It's that simple. Even when I was new to dbd I never even thought about using noed. It's neither fun to know you merely got a kill because a perk made you go faster while giving you a cheap instadown combined with a quicker cooldown in case you're still too bad to hit nor is it useful to get better at playing killer. It just doesn't feel right to me. It should get removed from the game just like decisive. Both things are just bad perks for people who want to have an easy win. 

Also you can't cleanse all totems as a solo player as you can't tell wether someone has already cleansed a totem or not. You can't search for that 5th totem for minutes because your team needs you to do gens. So everyone who says just cleanse the totems is just ignorant. 

There are many good perks in the game for both sides but honestly decisive and noed are both just game breaking. Remove or rework both perks and everything's fine. Why make a big fuzz about it? If you rely on decisive or noed that much then you simply need to: GIT GUD.
  • FireHazard

@TheBean said:
    Idk... People can play with whatever perks they want. It is easy to criticize people for the stuff they do in this game. However, you pay your bucks for the game, as long as you play within the Dev's rules.

Who cares?

Easy to say...Don't use DS... Don't use Self-care.. Don't use NOED.. I play this way.. I play that way...

Who cares?

Just pick the perks you want.. The killer or survivor you want and have some fun.

Have your opinion... But it is just that.

Players don't need to measure themselves against you or your opinion, in order to play the game and have fun.

If I feel like taking out M1 Billy with NOED cause I find it funny... Well... I'm gonna do it and I don't care if little survivors have anything negative to say about it at the end... Cause I'm just gonna laugh.

And that's why this rant really just boils down to my opinion over (Insert other player) opinion. People can play how they like, but other players will always point it out as a cheap and or nooby play style.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    It seems that survivor got downed with NOED so many times that he beggan to expel salt all over  :)

You need to suffer NOED some more  :p
  • FireHazard

@RoKrueger said:
    It seems that survivor got downed with NOED so many times that he beggan to expel salt all over  :)

You need to suffer NOED some more  :p

Regardless if its on purpose or not i'll eventually come across it again lmao.

• KissyKissy
    KissyKissy Member Posts: 112

A couple of times I have had survivors wait for me at the gate, not realize I have NOED, and I down and hook them when they were trying to be teabagging smart asses. LOL! Survivors are so stupid!

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Well I think it would be interesting to see how VASTLY off the "2 kill ratio" they go for is, if they were to remove NOED from that equation. They see 2 kills and think things are fair when in reality it's not and those numbers are being skewed by NOED.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    It's the players choice what perks they want to run. If they bring noed then they won't be bringing in another perk in it's place.

Adapt, all you need to do is break 5 totems or risk it and be more careful on your escape.

If your problem is that its too hard against a noed nurse or Billy then simply this perk is nothing until gens are done. Even then if your team are failing you can get hatch.
  • XavierBoah17
    XavierBoah17 Member Posts: 204
    So let's say a new player joins, completely new player, and after 5 games they got the chance to get noed from the bloodweb and they use it, are they garbage? And tell me, what's the point of making this if you said that, yeah its in the game, but still, if someone one uses it, they suck??? So your saying that, you know its in the game, and you understand that anyone can use it, but if someone does, they are garbage? This just sounds like a hate thread to killers who uses noed and just sounds like you get salty when you get hit by one.
    A completly new player to a new game is a noob yea. They use NOED without knowing how much it is hated is different. Like if I didnt know how muhc people look down on DS id probably grab it from the Shrine months ago. DS and NOED are the least skilled perks in the game. I play killer without NOED and the one time I did I swore to never use it because it poorly reflects on my skill as a killer. If I get a four man without NOED then that just shows how good you are as a killer. NOED and DS arent skilled perks. Sadly alot of players think they are.
  • lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

I see no issue with NOED on either side. I rarely run it, and when I do, its because I see a toolbox brigade in my lobby. It may be a crutch, but its one that usually is broken 75% of the time in my matches before I can use it. Its high risk, high reward.

As a survivor, i assume every killer I play is running it, and I cleanse every totem I see. I do not assume other survivors are thinking as I do. If I see it get activated, you can bet my ass is out the gate quickly. I wont be giving you a 4K this game.

Survivors reward killers when running NOED by being stupid and being way too altruistic. Sorry, if the killer has NOED and you are hooked, I will be seeing you later.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    I use NOED in late game builds or farm builds.
    If you concentrate so much power in the late game you sacrifice a perk.

In full tryhard mode the survivors rarely complete all generators, so NOED doesn't come into play. Even if all gens are complete, NOED can be negated from the survivors side.

Remember Me, Bloodwarden, NOED are all specific late game perks that can win you the game. The only difference is, NOED feels more impactful than Remember Me, but in truth. I get more people on a wrong foot with Remember Me then with NOED.
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited January 2019
    The correct answer is for people to use whatever they want as long as there is no active hacking/cheating/exploiting/etc. and not let people shame them for doing so.  If something ends up being OP/UP/crutchy/etc., it falls on the devs to do something about it, not the players to be obligated to feel bad about using something they might otherwise enjoy using.
  • michaelmyers87
    michaelmyers87 Member Posts: 458
    If you’ve never been rank one killer. Stop talking. 
  • MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571
    edited January 2019
    iTacoman said:

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited January 2019

@FireHazard said:

Poor baby. You didn't break the dull totems, rushed the gens, and got owned at the end. It'll be okay.

Pro tip: If the gens seem to be going way too fast and the killer isn't defending them they are very likely waiting on NOED. So that means you hop off gens and go cleanse those totems. Additionally, stop deluding yourself that you have the god jukes, because you don't, and just leave the game. =)

• Yamaoka

Poor baby. You didn't break the dull totems, rushed the gens, and got owned at the end. It'll be okay.

Pro tip: If the gens seem to be going way too fast and the killer isn't defending them they are very likely waiting on NOED. So that means you hop off gens and go cleanse those totems. Additionally, stop deluding yourself that you have the god jukes, because you don't, and just leave the game. =)

You act like everyone played in a SWF team with voice communication. If you play solo you literally have 0% chance of knowing if someone else has cleansed a totem and if you check the whole map for minutes just to end up finding the remains of a cleansed totem you're going to lose because of the minutes you wasted. So basically NOED users say: "Survivors don't have a right to win. They can either die because they spent minutes looking for totems while I facecamped the first survivor while my ruin was still up @ 5 gens OR they can die because of 1 perk slot that gets me an easy 4k". I'm starting to think that killer mains are more salty and toxic than survivors.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

How to activate NOED: genrush, don't do totems

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828

Every perk is for noobs because it gives them an advantage if you use add ons, any perks, or even dare to use an offering. YOU ARE A NOOBIE NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is what this is telling me. Hehe.

• Sinner
    Sinner Member Posts: 334
    Every decent player knows whoever uses NOED is a noob. The real issue is that these noobs actually pip because of it. They get to rank 1, can't catch anyone and than ask the devs for buffs because "survivors are op".
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited January 2019
    NOED is a tricky one since it destroys solo Q survivors but SWF will make sure it doesn't see the light of day.

NOED should be reworked so it doesn't destroy one side too much in my opinion.

No One Escapes Death:

Progress infuriates you and gives you fuel to kill. Whenever a generator is completed, receive a 10% haste effect for 10/20/30 seconds. On the final generator being completed, all remaining pallets in the trial will get struck down by the Entity.

Notice: It's not a Hex and it doesn't destroy only solo Q survivors. Both sides will have to be careful about this perk!
  • FireHazard

@michaelmyers87 said:
    If you’ve never been rank one killer. Stop talking. 

I've been rank one killer and survivor multiple times, I didn't buy this game yesterday...

• Tucking_Friggered

@Yamaoka said:
    Tucking_Friggered said:

You act like everyone played in a SWF team with voice communication. If you play solo you literally have 0% chance of knowing if someone else has cleansed a totem and if you check the whole map for minutes just to end up finding the remains of a cleansed totem you're going to lose because of the minutes you wasted. So basically NOED users say: "Survivors don't have a right to win. They can either die because they spent minutes looking for totems while I facecamped the first survivor while my ruin was still up @ 5 gens OR they can die because of 1 perk slot that gets me an easy 4k". I'm starting to think that killer mains are more salty and toxic than survivors.

Then go check. It almost sounds as if you feel entitled to a danger forecast. The killer gives up a perk slot all game for end game strength. Git gud.

• FireHazard

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Yamaoka said:
    Tucking_Friggered said:

Then go check. It almost sounds as if you feel entitled to a danger forecast. The killer gives up a perk slot all game for end game strength. Git gud.

You're sounding like an elitist every passing comment.

• Tucking_Friggered
    edited January 2019

@Nickenzie said:
    NOED is a tricky one since it destroys solo Q survivors but SWF will make sure it doesn't see the light of day.

NOED should be reworked so it doesn't destroy one side too much in my opinion. No One Escapes Death:

Progress infuriates you and gives you fuel to kill. Whenever a generator is completed, receive a 10% haste effect for 10/20/30 seconds. On the final generator being completed, all remaining pallets in the trial will get struck down by the Entity.

Notice: It's not a Hex and it doesn't destroy only solo Q survivors. Both sides will have to be careful about this perk!

NOED doesn't destroy a survivor that isn't in the match. Do the gens and leave. Leave carefully and not with the intention of taunting and teabagging on your way out trying to farm extra points. Don't ignore the heartbeat when you work on gates. Or clean the totems. Problem solved.

• Tucking_Friggered
    edited January 2019

@Nickenzie said:

NOED should be reworked so it doesn't destroy one side too much in my opinion. No One Escapes Death:

Why would breaking pallets when the gens are done and gates open be useful? And a timed haste? I think Hope gives 2 minutes. That's utterly useless. What a horrible suggestion. Just bad. I mean who in their right mind would waste a perk slot all game for that? You should feel ashamed for even offering that as an alternative.

• Tucking_Friggered

@FireHazard said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Yamaoka said:
    Tucking_Friggered said:

And your OP sounds like the meanderings of a bad survivor still going through the learning phase.

• FireHazard

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@FireHazard said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Yamaoka said:
    Tucking_Friggered said:

And your OP sounds like the meanderings of a bad survivor still going through the learning phase.

We all can't be a god like yourself M'lord. I'll be sure to train harder to live up to your standards.

• Tucking_Friggered

@FireHazard said:

We all can't be a god like yourself M'lord. I'll be sure to train harder to live up to your standards.

You don't have to be. I don't look down on you for being bad or up to you for being good. The issue is when you suggest changing solid perks because you haven't learned how to deal with them, aren't skilled enough to deal with them, or too lazy to do so. It's nothing personal.

• FireHazard

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@FireHazard said:

You don't have to be. I don't look down on you for being bad or up to you for being good. The issue is when you suggest changing solid perks because you haven't learned how to deal with them, aren't skilled enough to deal with them, or too lazy to do so. It's nothing personal.

Maybe you can read the rest of my comments in this thread before coming to that assumption. Of course I think ahead to deal with it, but if your solo and the teams brain dead why bother?

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

@FireHazard said:

@CyanideCandy said:

@FireHazard said:
    For those of you who may not know, "Hex: No One Escapes Death" Is a perk that activates only when all generators are activated and the exit gates are turned on.

This perk was buffed awhile back for god knows what reason, and at any level NOED has the "Exposed" status effect that grants the killer the ability to down a survivor even at full health.

Now you may ask even though its really obvious, "Why would NOED be for noobs if its such a good perk? People use DS all the time and that's also a really good perk." Yes those two perks are indeed good, but they're trash when you look at what makes players good and bad from an outside perspective. For example: A killer that downs 3 people at the end with NOED doesn't make them a good player, it just means that can't do it normally without the perk.

Players that actually assume they're good because of this baffles my mind, because it doesn't make you good... It makes you look even worse than if you lost the match to a 4 man escape. Of course you'll get some hooks at the end and or sacrifices... the other team wants to save the hooked survivor, but will usually get one shot by your NOED.

Now you may be thinking right about now "You're just salty kid, if its in the game i'm going to use it... GG EZ" And you're right, it is in the game and you have full right to use it... it just means that if you do you're garbage, and as such should be treated accordingly. The same goes for DS, if the only way for you to get out of a chase is with DS... then you need to start working on those chases my dude, cause that didn't demonstrate any skill what so ever. It in fact showed you have a lack of skill.

This perk only exists to make casual players and noobs feel better that they got demolished at the start but got a 2k at the end cause of NOED. These same players probably main Leatherface, but that's another story. And yes, i'm aware some players CAN play without these perks, they just choose to because its toxic... what i'm talking about are players that really NEED it in order to actually make any progress in a match.

[TL;DR]: You have zero skill if you regularly use NOED to win matches at the end. Try not using it for once and tell me how it goes in the comments. If it goes well then you're on your way to not being a noob.

[EDIT]: I forgot to mention that killers that are at the bottom of the tier list like The Clown and Freddy actually have a reason to use NOED. For what i'm talking about here is like for example putting NOED on Nurse or Hillbilly, two killers that CLEARLY don't need it.

I'll be honest, after reading the post I don't see the point in having made it. You list the pros and cons and even say killers have every right to use it while you say it makes you garbage and that you should be treated as such. I might be new to the forums, but I'm not new to the toxicity in this community. Maybe we should STOP treating eachother like garbage? I may be wrong here, I'm tired, but it seems your post exists only to take a crap on people who use a perk you don't like. If noed seems a crutch to you, maybe you shouldn't rely on getting hit twice to get things done. When I play survivor I generally you know... try not to get hit at all. If all the gens get done in less time than it takes to knock everyone down twice and noed pops and gets the killer some kills, you should have been A, more stealthy, or B, thought ahead before you did whatever got you knocked down. With the current balance, survivors dictate the pace of the match, using something that gives the killer a second chance after the generators get smashed to hell in three minutes doesn't make them garbage, it's just using the tools they have just like using urban evasion, self care, deadhard and D strike is for survivors. It may help the inexperienced climb a little higher in the ranks, but against genuinely skilled high ranking survivors, noed is a joke. Complaining about a perk you can disable during the match before it even activates and saying we should treat people like garbage for using it just makes you look like a douche.

Perhaps I worded this incorrectly, what I mean is that you have full right to use whatever tools you're given to get a edge in a match but that doesn't mean said tools like NOED make you good.

This thread wasn't a jab about my inability to counter the perk because its obvious how to do that already, it was more of a issue with brain dead teams going in to suicide from it, and die because of it. Then most of the team will go and get them regardless of the thought that they will also get one shot and hooked as well.

if you're a genuine noob and use this perk then it would make sense that you have it equipped. If you're in like say rank 6 or 1 and still use it and assume you're good because you got two kills despite being trashed the entire game before hand IS a issue to me.

But do keep in mind, there are also killers that are complete garbage and benefit from the perk and have a excuse for using it. To me that's 100% fine, but what i'm talking about are players that use killers that have zero reason for needing it and with said killers can barely hook 3 people until the end when it activates. Like for example, do you really think a killer like Hill Billy or Leatherface need NOED? Two killers that have specials based around insta-downing survivors...

U know it doesn’t matter what they run.
    As a wraith main\leatherface, I can say I don’t ever run noed. Cause I don’t let people get 5 gens.(sometimes it can’t be avoided I guess). That said let them use it. it’s only a issue cause people are lazy and stupid and can’t be bothered to go into kyf and see what every perk does and put 2 and 2 together and say hey that’s a good perk. I might want to keep that out of the match.
    Idk about all of u. but on day 1. I looked at all the perks to get a idea of what I was up against. So if u got burned by Noed no one to blame but yourself. I do all 5 if my teammates(use that term loosely) can’t be bothered.

• FireHazard
    edited January 2019

@Cardgrey said:

@FireHazard said:

@CyanideCandy said:

@FireHazard said:
    For those of you who may not know, "Hex: No One Escapes Death" Is a perk that activates only when all generators are activated and the exit gates are turned on.

This perk was buffed awhile back for god knows what reason, and at any level NOED has the "Exposed" status effect that grants the killer the ability to down a survivor even at full health.

Now you may ask even though its really obvious, "Why would NOED be for noobs if its such a good perk? People use DS all the time and that's also a really good perk." Yes those two perks are indeed good, but they're trash when you look at what makes players good and bad from an outside perspective. For example: A killer that downs 3 people at the end with NOED doesn't make them a good player, it just means that can't do it normally without the perk.

Players that actually assume they're good because of this baffles my mind, because it doesn't make you good... It makes you look even worse than if you lost the match to a 4 man escape. Of course you'll get some hooks at the end and or sacrifices... the other team wants to save the hooked survivor, but will usually get one shot by your NOED.

Now you may be thinking right about now "You're just salty kid, if its in the game i'm going to use it... GG EZ" And you're right, it is in the game and you have full right to use it... it just means that if you do you're garbage, and as such should be treated accordingly. The same goes for DS, if the only way for you to get out of a chase is with DS... then you need to start working on those chases my dude, cause that didn't demonstrate any skill what so ever. It in fact showed you have a lack of skill.

This perk only exists to make casual players and noobs feel better that they got demolished at the start but got a 2k at the end cause of NOED. These same players probably main Leatherface, but that's another story. And yes, i'm aware some players CAN play without these perks, they just choose to because its toxic... what i'm talking about are players that really NEED it in order to actually make any progress in a match.

[TL;DR]: You have zero skill if you regularly use NOED to win matches at the end. Try not using it for once and tell me how it goes in the comments. If it goes well then you're on your way to not being a noob.

[EDIT]: I forgot to mention that killers that are at the bottom of the tier list like The Clown and Freddy actually have a reason to use NOED. For what i'm talking about here is like for example putting NOED on Nurse or Hillbilly, two killers that CLEARLY don't need it.

I'll be honest, after reading the post I don't see the point in having made it. You list the pros and cons and even say killers have every right to use it while you say it makes you garbage and that you should be treated as such. I might be new to the forums, but I'm not new to the toxicity in this community. Maybe we should STOP treating eachother like garbage? I may be wrong here, I'm tired, but it seems your post exists only to take a crap on people who use a perk you don't like. If noed seems a crutch to you, maybe you shouldn't rely on getting hit twice to get things done. When I play survivor I generally you know... try not to get hit at all. If all the gens get done in less time than it takes to knock everyone down twice and noed pops and gets the killer some kills, you should have been A, more stealthy, or B, thought ahead before you did whatever got you knocked down. With the current balance, survivors dictate the pace of the match, using something that gives the killer a second chance after the generators get smashed to hell in three minutes doesn't make them garbage, it's just using the tools they have just like using urban evasion, self care, deadhard and D strike is for survivors. It may help the inexperienced climb a little higher in the ranks, but against genuinely skilled high ranking survivors, noed is a joke. Complaining about a perk you can disable during the match before it even activates and saying we should treat people like garbage for using it just makes you look like a douche.

Perhaps I worded this incorrectly, what I mean is that you have full right to use whatever tools you're given to get a edge in a match but that doesn't mean said tools like NOED make you good.

This thread wasn't a jab about my inability to counter the perk because its obvious how to do that already, it was more of a issue with brain dead teams going in to suicide from it, and die because of it. Then most of the team will go and get them regardless of the thought that they will also get one shot and hooked as well.

if you're a genuine noob and use this perk then it would make sense that you have it equipped. If you're in like say rank 6 or 1 and still use it and assume you're good because you got two kills despite being trashed the entire game before hand IS a issue to me.

But do keep in mind, there are also killers that are complete garbage and benefit from the perk and have a excuse for using it. To me that's 100% fine, but what i'm talking about are players that use killers that have zero reason for needing it and with said killers can barely hook 3 people until the end when it activates. Like for example, do you really think a killer like Hill Billy or Leatherface need NOED? Two killers that have specials based around insta-downing survivors...

U know it doesn’t matter what they run.
    As a wraith main\leatherface, I can say I don’t ever run noed. Cause I don’t let people get 5 gens.(sometimes it can’t be avoided I guess). That said let them use it. it’s only a issue cause people are lazy and stupid and can’t be bothered to go into kyf and see what every perk does and put 2 and 2 together and say hey that’s a good perk. I might want to keep that out of the match.
    Idk about all of u. but on day 1. I looked at all the perks to get a idea of what I was up against. So if u got burned by Noed no one to blame but yourself. I do all 5 if my teammates(use that term loosely) can’t be bothered.

I'll be updating the main post to clarify some things, it should be updated as this comment is being edited also.

• Yamaoka
    Git gud.
    When a noed user says "git gud" 😂👍. Thanks for making me laugh. I'm a 50/50 player always rank 1 and I've never used noed. I rarely even camp or tunnel (unlike most noed users). People who need noed to win are just bad at the game. Simple as that.

Also play solo survivor for one day and look for all totems before touching a gen. Tell me how often you escaped. Most likely 0 times. You can not look for totems for minutes since a GOOD killer will typically sacrifice 1-2 survivors within those minutes. But obviously a noed user wouldn't know that as they typically get rekt all game and merely get their kills by slugging as many survivors as possible using 1 single perk slot that gives them the cheapest instadown in the game combined with more movement speed and reduced cooldown as noed users typically need to swing 10 times before they hit😂
  • AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    edited January 2019

@Lateral said:
    One shot down from 100% health is a toxic crutch that takes out all semblance of skill, nuance and strategy in place of babied Killer hand-holding and needs to be removed from the game.

But it wont because /favouritism.

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Sorry but if your whole team gets downed and killed because of noed you guys are just as nooby as you claim the killer is.

There, translated. Fixed that for you:

Such a huge crutch it literally can only happen when survivors allow it too : P
    I'm also gonna steal your gif here and use it for DS, SC, Adrenaline, dead hard, swf threads..

• FireHazard

@Yamaoka said:
    Git gud.

When a noed user says "git gud" 😂👍. Thanks for making me laugh. I'm a 50/50 player always rank 1 and I've never used noed. I rarely even camp or tunnel (unlike most noed users). People who need noed to win are just bad at the game. Simple as that.

Also play solo survivor for one day and look for all totems before touching a gen. Tell me how often you escaped. Most likely 0 times. You can not look for totems for minutes since a GOOD killer will typically sacrifice 1-2 survivors within those minutes. But obviously a noed user wouldn't know that as they typically get rekt all game and merely get their kills by slugging as many survivors as possible using 1 single perk slot that gives them the cheapest instadown in the game combined with more movement speed and reduced cooldown as noed users typically need to swing 10 times before they hit😂

Hes part of the problem clearly.

• MaxiferPriest
    MaxiferPriest Member Posts: 189

@FireHazard said:
    [EDIT]: This is an edited version of the previous main post. This version will clarify some things since the previous post did not.

[Information about the perk]: For those of you who may not know, "Hex: No One Escapes Death" Is a perk that activates only when all generators are activated and the exit gates are turned on.

The perk itself is acceptable on some killers that actually need it I.E. The Clown, Freddy, Trapper, etc who cannot apply map pressure themselves alone. These killers are in my opinion in need of an end game boost to even things out if the killer was doing poorly at the start and mid match. And as for actual new players this in my eyes is OK, since they just started so of course they won't be good at chases at the start. The perk itself should just be used as a learning tool rather than a crutch that most killers use to this day with 500 hours+

This post will focus on some key aspects that I believe is NOT OK. For example, if you're able to 4k a team easily before the gens are even finished why do you need NOED? You have to ask yourself "Why would a Hillbilly for example need NOED if he killed the entire team before the last gen was finished?" To rub salt in the wound, even if the killer is doing decent with 2 kills and the last gen pops its unnecessary for them to have NOED since its just overkill at that point.

[Information about my solo matches]: This part is added to clarify something to everyone on this thread. I do think ahead on NOED on every killer i'm against, the problem is most teams you are with DON'T. And as such won't help with the process of getting rid of the dull totems and instead just focus on the classic meme of "Hold down M1 to win" which doesn't help me or anyone else that deals with NOED before it is activated.

The problem with solo survivor teams is that nobody is thinking for the team, and instead themselves. Most people on a solo team won't even consider the possibility of NOED since they're too focused on doing gens and saves. And THIS is my main issue with NOED.

Now why is NOED for noobs? Allow me to clear the title up, the perk itself it useful on a variety of killers that need it [Which are listed above] but what i'm ranting about are killers that clearly don't need it, and never will need it... But still use it despite that fact. You're of course entitled to whatever perk set up you use of course, but if you don't need the perk for killers that never will need it... then you're just being unfair and in-general playing like a noob.

[TL;DR]: NOED requires next to no skill to use, and most killers that don't need it will still use it to just spite any survivor they come across in the end. Killers actually believe they're good because of this, and it just breeds more toxicity in this community than we already have.

just cleanse totems. NOED countered. 14s for 1 totem to be done and ppl still complain about NOED? hahaha you're kidding me. don't be a gen geek and do 2 or 3 totems and NOED will not spawn. WOW i know someting new. a new tactics to counter NOED. ######### me i hear it 1st time rn too. Don't be a little cry baby. DS, SB, Toolboxes and insta heals are okay, but NOED, well NOED is for noobs right? hahaha get a life

• Tucking_Friggered
    edited January 2019

@Yamaoka said:
    Git gud.

So what? Marth88 took every killer to rank 1 perkless so your feat is meaningless and by your same standard because he did it anyone that doesn't is just bad. But arguments laced with pejoratives attacking that what you don't like are pointless. Nobody cares what you think is newbish or not. Your approval means nothing to anyone here. Hell, let me know the 4 most newbish perks in your opinion and i'll use them exclusively to post videos of gameplay exploiting them right here on the forums and dedicate them to you.

• FireHazard

@MaxiferPriest said:

@FireHazard said:
    [EDIT]: This is an edited version of the previous main post. This version will clarify some things since the previous post did not.

[Information about the perk]: For those of you who may not know, "Hex: No One Escapes Death" Is a perk that activates only when all generators are activated and the exit gates are turned on.

The perk itself is acceptable on some killers that actually need it I.E. The Clown, Freddy, Trapper, etc who cannot apply map pressure themselves alone. These killers are in my opinion in need of an end game boost to even things out if the killer was doing poorly at the start and mid match. And as for actual new players this in my eyes is OK, since they just started so of course they won't be good at chases at the start. The perk itself should just be used as a learning tool rather than a crutch that most killers use to this day with 500 hours+

This post will focus on some key aspects that I believe is NOT OK. For example, if you're able to 4k a team easily before the gens are even finished why do you need NOED? You have to ask yourself "Why would a Hillbilly for example need NOED if he killed the entire team before the last gen was finished?" To rub salt in the wound, even if the killer is doing decent with 2 kills and the last gen pops its unnecessary for them to have NOED since its just overkill at that point.

[Information about my solo matches]: This part is added to clarify something to everyone on this thread. I do think ahead on NOED on every killer i'm against, the problem is most teams you are with DON'T. And as such won't help with the process of getting rid of the dull totems and instead just focus on the classic meme of "Hold down M1 to win" which doesn't help me or anyone else that deals with NOED before it is activated.

The problem with solo survivor teams is that nobody is thinking for the team, and instead themselves. Most people on a solo team won't even consider the possibility of NOED since they're too focused on doing gens and saves. And THIS is my main issue with NOED.

Now why is NOED for noobs? Allow me to clear the title up, the perk itself it useful on a variety of killers that need it [Which are listed above] but what i'm ranting about are killers that clearly don't need it, and never will need it... But still use it despite that fact. You're of course entitled to whatever perk set up you use of course, but if you don't need the perk for killers that never will need it... then you're just being unfair and in-general playing like a noob.

[TL;DR]: NOED requires next to no skill to use, and most killers that don't need it will still use it to just spite any survivor they come across in the end. Killers actually believe they're good because of this, and it just breeds more toxicity in this community than we already have.

just cleanse totems. NOED countered. 14s for 1 totem to be done and ppl still complain about NOED? hahaha you're kidding me. don't be a gen geek and do 2 or 3 totems and NOED will not spawn. WOW i know someting new. a new tactics to counter NOED. [BAD WORD] me i hear it 1st time rn too. Don't be a little cry baby. DS, SB, Toolboxes and insta heals are okay, but NOED, well NOED is for noobs right? hahaha get a life

Someone didn't read the post clearly.

• Tucking_Friggered

Shall we stream a KYF? > @FireHazard said:

@MaxiferPriest said:

@FireHazard said:

just cleanse totems. NOED countered. 14s for 1 totem to be done and ppl still complain about NOED? hahaha you're kidding me. don't be a gen geek and do 2 or 3 totems and NOED will not spawn. WOW i know someting new. a new tactics to counter NOED. [BAD WORD] me i hear it 1st time rn too. Don't be a little cry baby. DS, SB, Toolboxes and insta heals are okay, but NOED, well NOED is for noobs right? hahaha get a life

No, they read the post. The rest of us just know it's a bad or a great survivor looking to make their life easier by having a cry session over something that effects their style of play. The post has no merit and is just propaganda that like the thousands before will gain no traction for support, no general consensus, and only serves to be a distraction for people that are bored and bothering to respond.

• FireHazard
    edited January 2019

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@MaxiferPriest said:

@FireHazard said:

No, they read the post. The rest of us just know it's a bad or a great survivor looking to make their life easier by having a cry session over something that effects their style of play. The post has no merit and is just propaganda that like the thousands before will gain no traction for support, no general consensus, and only serves to be a distraction for people that are bored and bothering to respond.

Look buddy, the entire time you've been on this thread is to belittle anyone that you come across. Clearly you don't care at all what this post says and just want to look for a fight. Nobody here cares what you have to say and the same goes for what I say. Its cute you assume I care if this gains traction or not, the post itself is just a rant on a perk I don't like. This wasn't suppose to be the end all to change minds and hearts about NOED, its just a vent on a perk I consider trash.

You can stop being a special little snowflake :)

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Glad that you edited out all the griping which just made you look bad although it still implies you're bad for using the perk. In your eyes if someone gets 2 or more kills NOED is redundant which means if they get 1 or no kills they are bad since it'd be required, yet you aren't against it on those who lack map pressure which is every killer except Nurse, Hillbilly,  Spirit and maybe Legion.

Assuming you're in high ranks if you know what the killer is you can probably guess that they have it or not and the team probably would cleanse the totems anyway players were doing that while I was in solo q around rank 15-13 before the ranked revamp.
  • FireHazard

@starkiller1286 said:
    Glad that you edited out all the griping which just made you look bad although it still implies you're bad for using the perk. In your eyes if someone gets 2 or more kills NOED is redundant which means if they get 1 or no kills they are bad since it'd be required, yet you aren't against it on those who lack map pressure which is every killer except Nurse, Hillbilly,  Spirit and maybe Legion.

Assuming you're in high ranks if you know what the killer is you can probably guess that they have it or not and the team probably would cleanse the totems anyway players were doing that while I was in solo q around rank 15-13 before the ranked revamp.

Its more of a jab on players that use it to be outright toxic and or use it and assume they're actually good because of it.

The general concept of this thread was honestly just a vent, I reworked it because that original rant was more of a salt factory than a constructive rant. In my personal opinion only killers that can't apply effective map pressure can honestly be OK in my eyes to use the perk. Like for example, I don't think Myers or Leatherface need NOED due to the fact they can apply effect pressure if used in the right hands.

Killers that can apply next to no pressure like Clown and Freddy do need it because they require more planning to be effective in the trial. Killers that need buffs or are naturally not able to apply pressure can use NOED effectively. Killers like Nurse, Hilly Billy, Spirit, Myers, Leatherface, And even Huntress don't need NOED.

It boils down to who the killer is and their skill during chases. I'm aware the meme about "Its not the killers skill, its the survivors mistakes" that dictate a match overall, but in my opinion there is some skill involved when facing certain survivors. To me its not all just about survivor mistakes, its also your mistakes that can either continue or close a chase.

To me, if you're say a Leatherface main that uses NOED and tunnels and camps every survivor than that's part of the problem i'm ranting about, it has nothing to really do with actual new players that are trying to learn the game. Its more or less a rant on survivors that're just aware they're toxic and continue to do so regardless of what anyone says.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

I didn't read through too many of these posts...

NOED has counterplay. Period.

It can be completely turned off before it even has an effect on the game. That is the point. Yes.

In a game where you're expected to die "Dead by Daylight".... having a powerful end game perk like this is fine. The buff is fine.

It was buffed to encourage people to break totems and slow down gens a touch. Stop crying.

• FireHazard
    edited January 2019

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    I didn't read through too many of these posts...

NOED has counterplay. Period.

It can be completely turned off before it even has an effect on the game. That is the point. Yes.

In a game where you're expected to die "Dead by Daylight".... having a powerful end game perk like this is fine. The buff is fine.

It was buffed to encourage people to break totems and slow down gens a touch. Stop crying.

Are you sure the buff was to slow down gens? Prove Thyself begs to differ, the direction they're going with that perk proves they have the opposite outlook on what you're saying.

The buff was to clearly pander to newer players (which is fine) but players that have 1k+ hours used that as an excuse to abuse the hell out of the perk. I saw NOED a fair few times back then before the buff and ever since the buff happened you see it way more often now.

• Tucking_Friggered

@FireHazard said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@MaxiferPriest said:

@FireHazard said:

Look buddy, the entire time you've been on this thread is to belittle anyone that you come across. Clearly you don't care at all what this post says and just want to look for a fight. Nobody here cares what you have to say and the same goes for what I say. Its cute you assume I care if this gains traction or not, the post itself is just a rant on a perk I don't like. This wasn't suppose to be the end all to change minds and hearts about NOED, its just a vent on a perk I consider trash.

No, I don't care what the posts says because it's just rhetoric to attack one of the few good perks the disadvantaged side has. Deal with it. This isn't your personal forum or safe space. I'm not obliged to just disagree and allow you an uncontested sounding board to lobby for bad ideas. So you can label my posts however you care too. I can't find a single F to give.

• FireHazard

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@FireHazard said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@MaxiferPriest said:

@FireHazard said:

No, I don't care what the posts says because it's just rhetoric to attack one of the few good perks the disadvantaged side has. Deal with it. This isn't your personal forum or safe space. I'm not obliged to just disagree and allow you an uncontested sounding board to lobby for bad ideas. So you can label my posts however you care too. I can't find a single F to give.

And neither can I, at least we agree on something.

• Tucking_Friggered

Great! Let's try to find more common ground. Can we agree you need to git gud and stop stinking up the forums with baddie rants?

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

I applaud you for at least making an insightful well thought out post. Better than the usual tripe on here likg OMG NOED IS FOR NOOBS WTFBBQ!? - so kudos there. My only issue really is this generalised lambasting of people who choose to use a perk and being derogatory because of it. NOED in my opinion is easily countered and If dealt with cleverly isn't that much of an issue, just because it forces survives to maybe think twice about using their crutch perks and go for something different like Small Game. Talk to me about a perk that is uncounterable and lets discuss that instead.