The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Face camping?

Comments

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@Tsulan said:
    ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

30 minutes ago. 2 minute video proving Face Camping exists. It's Toxic. And Baby killers DC just like DS users.

faCe cAmpiNg wAs reMovEd

doNt geT caUghT

iTs thE suRvivOrs faUlt

Unhooked = no face camping.

lol

OooOoOOoooookay.

Whatever you say buddy.

Want a dev stream where the devs explain what face camping was and how they removed it?

The devs define face camping as "within one metre from the hook".

We've had this discussion before, yet again - you are incorrect.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

Raccoon said:

Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said: ReneAensland said:

30 minutes ago. 2 minute video proving Face Camping exists. It's Toxic. And Baby killers DC just like DS users.        faCe cAmpiNg wAs reMovEd    doNt geT caUghT    iTs thE suRvivOrs faUlt

Unhooked = no face camping. lol OooOoOOoooookay. Whatever you say buddy.

Want a dev stream where the devs explain what face camping was and how they removed it?

lol No thanks, I don't want to be told what's Face Camping and what isn't by Rank 20 Devs.

Thanks though.

Oh really? What a surprise! You claim something, I disapprove, want to give you solid facts, and it's suddenly not interesting anymore. 

Yeah it's hard to face the truth after telling bullshit. 

His feelings and randomly capitalized letters were no match for you!

I even searched the video and prepared everything to crush his dreams...

sigh

You're [BAD WORD] hilarious.

Reading this entire comment section is a breath of fresh air, but I'm guessing people like you have to be in the opposition even though a crap ton of people in this comment section agreed with the OP.

"I think you just got to be in the "out" group. Whoever's on top, whoever's in power, whoever's successful, you gotta be on the other side or you don't feel like the smartest guy in the room. All you are, my dear, is a contrarian."

This defines people like yourself.

You forgot the people that agreed with me.

You can call a dog a "cat" as often as you want. But it will still be a dog. 

Why on gods earth are you two even discussing the definition of a word? Like what kind of time waste is that? Who cares what exactly facecamping has meant back then, and what OP means with facecamping and if he is using the wrong term. I think it's pretty obvious that with facecamping OP means a killer that is camping a hooked survivor, standing right by him and not leaving the hook. Who cares if this isn't actually facecamping? Especially since the removal of facecamping didn't change a lot anyways. Doesn't really have anything to do what the OP was getting at.

Are you joking?
    Back in the days you were actually able to secure a kill via camping. Nowadays you cant bodyblock away from the hook while survivors can bodyblock you from the hooking prompt. ALSO, nowdays they got BT, unhook invulnerability, swivel hooks AND the faster unhook animation

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

Raccoon said:

Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

30 minutes ago. 2 minute video proving Face Camping exists. It's Toxic. And Baby killers DC just like DS users.        faCe cAmpiNg wAs reMovEd    doNt geT caUghT    iTs thE suRvivOrs faUlt

lol No thanks, I don't want to be told what's Face Camping and what isn't by Rank 20 Devs.

Thanks though.

Oh really? What a surprise! You claim something, I disapprove, want to give you solid facts, and it's suddenly not interesting anymore. 

sigh

Reading this entire comment section is a breath of fresh air, but I'm guessing people like you have to be in the opposition even though a crap ton of people in this comment section agreed with the OP.

"I think you just got to be in the "out" group. Whoever's on top, whoever's in power, whoever's successful, you gotta be on the other side or you don't feel like the smartest guy in the room. All you are, my dear, is a contrarian."

Why on gods earth are you two even discussing the definition of a word? Like what kind of time waste is that? Who cares what exactly facecamping has meant back then, and what OP means with facecamping and if he is using the wrong term. I think it's pretty obvious that with facecamping OP means a killer that is camping a hooked survivor, standing right by him and not leaving the hook. Who cares if this isn't actually facecamping? Especially since the removal of facecamping didn't change a lot anyways. Doesn't really have anything to do what the OP was getting at.

Are you joking?
    Back in the days you were actually able to secure a kill via camping. Nowadays you cant bodyblock away from the hook while survivors can bodyblock you from the hooking prompt. ALSO, nowdays they got BT, unhook invulnerability, swivel hooks AND the faster unhook animation

You can still just grab the survivor when he tries to unhook right in front of you

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

@ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

Raccoon said:

Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

Thanks though.

sigh

Thank you for shutting up this ridiculous argument

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    edited January 2019

Face camp:
    face: The front of a persons head
    Camp: remain persistently in one place.

So seems to me the term is accurately describing what is happening.

You are referring to the same situation, that also came with an exploit, the exploit was removed but the situation still remains that situation being termed Face Camping, the same as it always has.

You see the terminology has never changed, it’s just you misunderstood the term.

• ad19970

@Master said:

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

@ReneAensland said:

@Master said:

@ReneAensland said:

@Master said:

@ReneAensland said:
    30 minutes ago. 2 minute video proving Face Camping exists. It's Toxic. And Baby killers DC just like DS users.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNUVH0vPYO8

faCe cAmpiNg wAs reMovEd
    doNt geT caUghT
    iTs thE suRvivOrs faUlt

You clearly got off an unhook, so what are you trying to show with this video?

In a situation where I didn't have my Flashlight with me.....what do you think would have happened?
    She would have been Face Camped to death.

Face camp means that the killer bodyblocks you away from the unhook prompt.
    If billy facecamped, I ask you how you managed to get an unhook without the unhook prompt?

When a killer gets a hit you can go through him.
    He got a hit on the hooked Nea and I managed to get the unhook.
    There.

Face Camping in todays world is exactly what this video proves it to be. NO ONE who is playing now knew ######### Face Camping was back then, so no one cares.

THIS is 2019's version of Face Camping.

@ReneAensland put it perfectly. Sure, just because face camping used to mean that, doesn't mean it can't be given a new meaning. Like seriously, people like @Master and @Tsulan , you're using that as your argument, when you know exactly what i mean, and are failing to give any argument against what i'm saying other than i used the wrong terminology.

Sure, I can give tunneling a new meaning too. Tunneling is now defined as a killer walking through a tunnel.

Voila

We already have terminology, its called hard-camping.

Who ######### cares? It's obvious what OP meant with face camping

• ad19970

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

@ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

Raccoon said:

Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

Thanks though.

sigh

Thank you for shutting up this ridiculous argument

Couldn't even believe what I was reading there

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    I really wish that the devs would reverse the swivel hooks for a month or so. 
  • Paddy4583
    Tsulan said:
    I really wish we could rewind time to before we understood gravity, so then I could fly! 

Thats how how it works right?
  • Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

@No_Cluie_Louis said:
    I decided to play some more survivor this season as i'm usually a killer sided player (but with 1,000 hours i know how to play survivor too). It's been a while since i've been rank 1 survivor, but i wanted to get there to get away from idiot team mates in the low rank. To my horror i get to the red ranks to find the same stupid team mates, hiding in lockers all game, not doing gens, not taking agro, not saving anyone, but even worse, were the face campers. Like today out of the 6 games i've played so far, 4 killers have face camped before the exit gates are powered. One of these to be fair, the team was very altruistic and gave the killer plenty of reason to hang around the hook, but in the other 3, the killer was just standing in front of the hook, not protecting gens, not chasing anyone he saw come nearby, just waiting for us to save the poor guy being face camped so he could hit him as he's pulled off the hook. Sure, every just does gens and then you usually get a 3 or 2 man escape blag blah blah. I'm so fed up of people saying just do gens to counter hard campers, when in reality, sure it usually ends up in 2 kills and 2 escapes, everyone's happy right? Wrong. The killer had a boring game standing in front of the hook, 2 survivors had a boring game being hooked and sitting afk, waiting to die, and the other 2 did gens all game. People justifying it as a strat doesn't make it any more fun for either side. I fully understand if it's justified, but so often it's not and it's just plain boring.

Seems like u are pretty lucky! I find it extremely rare to get facecamped nowdays, since survivors can unhook from any side, facecamping became more of a "hummiliation" act and less of a powerful tool to defend the hook. You cant be that lucky forever, just die and move on...

• Master

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

Raccoon said:

Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

Thanks though.

sigh

Are you joking?

You can still just grab the survivor when he tries to unhook right in front of you

No you cant, thanks to bodyblockign and the new unhook animation that you can cancel instantly

• ad19970

@Tsulan said:

Wait, you mean so that the old face camping is possible again?

• Seanzu

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

Raccoon said:

Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

Thanks though.

sigh

Are you joking?

No you cant, thanks to bodyblockign and the new unhook animation that you can cancel instantly

Oh my god, multiple survivors just swarming the killer... sounds like you could hit the unhooker twice and OMG have someone else to camp its like playing DBD but the survivors come to you.

Wahoooooo!

• Paddy4583
    edited January 2019
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

I think he’s trying to use the old argument of, it could be worse, in an attempt to negate his previous errors.

@Master, being able to avoid or bypass a situation doesn’t render the situation into non existence, so not sure what you are trying to prove.
  • Seanzu

@Paddy4583 said:
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

I think he’s trying to use the old argument of, it could be worse, in an attempt to negate his previous errors

https://youtu.be/DzEosOqhDpk?t=1021

Here the devs define face camping as being within one metre of the hook & facing the survivor, sounds about right tbh.

Not "face camping and preventing the hook from being accessible".

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

There 2 types of camping in this game people.

There's camping which is being very close to the hook and constantly looking around it and staying near, and then patrol camping which is very very fine and acceptable tactic. Where you stay within reach but leave the hook.

Either type is okay, camping normally is a bit annoying but there's ways to counter this, and the hooked person got caught.

Period.

• No_Cluie_Louis

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

Raccoon said:

Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

Thanks though.

sigh

Are you joking?

Oh my god, multiple survivors just swarming the killer... sounds like you could hit the unhooker twice and OMG have someone else to camp its like playing DBD but the survivors come to you.

Wahoooooo!

Thank you, every time i comment about something killers do unfairly on these forums, i get attacked and told i'm an idiot (even though i play more killer than survivor). Like i get survivors used to be OP and SWF still is but that doesn't mean killers aren't OP in some aspects too. It's nice to see someone actually back me up for once in saying face camping is a low skilled strategy that may work, but it's boring and you only win by boring the survivors to death... literally.

• No_Cluie_Louis

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

Raccoon said:

Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

Thanks though.

sigh

Are you joking?

So what, you trick them into hitting you instead of grabbing you, then what? You have 2 injursed survivors right infront of a killer, one gets downed and boom, another FACECAMP (il call it what it is) victim ready to be bored to death by a salty killer

• Tsulan
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

Yes, just for a short time. Ya know?
    I've seen people call a killer face camping when he was at least 40 meters away. But since he dared to look into the direction of the hook...
  • No_Cluie_Louis

@Tsulan said:
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

I've seen people call a killer face camping when he was at least 40 meters away. But since he dared to look into the direction of the hook...

Oh come on. Just because some salty idiot was trying to find a possible cause for his death other than being bad, doesn't mean that every survivor is lying about be facecamped

• Tsulan
    SenzuDuck said:

@Paddy4583 said:
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

I think he’s trying to use the old argument of, it could be worse, in an attempt to negate his previous errors

Here the devs define face camping as being within one metre of the hook & facing the survivor, sounds about right tbh.

Thx honey, now fast forward to 27:00
  • Seanzu

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

Raccoon said:

Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

Thanks though.

sigh

Are you joking?

Wahoooooo!

Thank you, every time i comment about something killers do unfairly on these forums, i get attacked and told i'm an idiot (even though i play more killer than survivor). Like i get survivors used to be OP and SWF still is but that doesn't mean killers aren't OP in some aspects too. It's nice to see someone actually back me up for once in saying face camping is a low skilled strategy that may work, but it's boring and you only win by boring the survivors to death... literally.

Yea, like his whole argument is based on wanting one particular survivor dead, he doesn't care that if someone does come to save it makes it INCREDIBLY easy to get that person on the hook as a trade.

Killers like that are honestly the worst, they just want the first person they hook dead as soon as possible and doesn't matter if they can hook someone else for more points.

• Tsulan

@Tsulan said:
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

Oh come on. Just because some salty idiot was trying to find a possible cause for his death other than being bad, doesn't mean that every survivor is lying about be facecamped

Not everyone. But face camping doesn't exist anymore. People kept calling everything face camping, even if it doesn't even look the slightest like it. 

Infinites don't exist anymore. But wanna bet what happens when killers start to complain about infinites again?

What you described is hard camping or proximity camping. But face camping sounds more dramatic. That's why the term doesn't die out. It hasn't evolved. People are just lazy.
  • Seanzu
    edited January 2019

@Tsulan said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Paddy4583 said:

ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

Oh you mean the bit where he says "now what it stops is the fact that right now if the killer is right infront of someone on the hook there are no ways to unhook" and doesn't mention it stopping facecamping at all.

It's like you enjoy taking things out of context and making up your own.

https://youtu.be/DzEosOqhDpk?t=1618

Theres the link for you so you can listen to your own time stamp and understand he never mentions it stops facecamping.

You can move the goal post again now if you'd like, honey.

• ad19970

@Tsulan said:
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

I get that that's bs. But I'm pretty sure OP was talking about those that just camp right in front of the hooked survivor, never leaving him without any reason.
    We need to reward killers more for not camping and reward killers less for camping and tunneling.

• ad19970

@SenzuDuck said:

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

Raccoon said:

Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

Thanks though.

sigh

Are you joking?

Wahoooooo!

Yea, like his whole argument is based on wanting one particular survivor dead, he doesn't care that if someone does come to save it makes it INCREDIBLY easy to get that person on the hook as a trade.

Killers like that are honestly the worst, they just want the first person they hook dead as soon as possible and doesn't matter if they can hook someone else for more points.

It's because it can be effective. Once one survivor is dead the killer will have more of an advantage. You can not fault people for using a tactic the devs have made viable. It's on the devs to make not camping more rewarding and camping and tunneling less rewarding.

• Tsulan
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

I get that that's bs. But I'm pretty sure OP was talking about those that just camp right in front of the hooked survivor, never leaving him without any reason.
    We need to reward killers more for not camping and reward killers less for camping and tunneling.

Devs don't want that.
    BBQ has been nerfed. So it's pretty save to assume they either want more camping or are not consistent with their ideas.
  • No_Cluie_Louis

@Tsulan said:
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

Devs don't want that.
    BBQ has been nerfed. So it's pretty save to assume they either want more camping or are not consistent with their ideas.

Oh come on, we all know it's the second one. Also we've seen with our own eyes that the devs have no idea how to play there own game

• Seanzu

@ad19970 said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

Raccoon said:

Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

Thanks though.

sigh

Are you joking?

Wahoooooo!

It's because it can be effective. Once one survivor is dead the killer will have more of an advantage. You can not fault people for using a tactic the devs have made viable. It's on the devs to make not camping more rewarding and camping and tunneling less rewarding.

Oh absolutely, I have no issue with camping, but it's when people complain about it having counters like it's ridiculous.

Borrowed time isn't even a counter, it's a trade
    Body Blocking isn't a counter, it's a trade.

All the ways thats involve "countering" camping is a trade, you either take damage and someone goes down, if the killer is terrible than they all get away but that's assuming killers are bad which they all aren't.

• ad19970

@Tsulan said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Paddy4583 said:

ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

Yeah. What they are saying is that there is now a way to deal with facecamping, and that killers can't block survivors from unhooking totally while face camping. No where do they say that face camping has been removed. It's just not as effective as it was before.

• No_Cluie_Louis

@Tsulan said:
    No_Cluie_Louis said:

@Tsulan said:

ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

Not everyone. But face camping doesn't exist anymore. People kept calling everything face camping, even if it doesn't even look the slightest like it. 

Infinites don't exist anymore. But wanna bet what happens when killers start to complain about infinites again?

What you described is hard camping or proximity camping. But face camping sounds more dramatic. That's why the term doesn't die out. It hasn't evolved. People are just lazy.

I usually call it face camping, but having a billy staring at me with the chainsaw revved feels pretty face to face

• Seanzu

@ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Paddy4583 said:

ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

Yeah. What they are saying is that there is now a way to deal with facecamping, and that killers can't block survivors from unhooking totally while face camping. No where do they say that face camping has been removed. It's just not as effective as it was before.

My favourite bit is where he calls me honey acting all proud and cocky without proving a single thing.

• No_Cluie_Louis

@ad19970 said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

Raccoon said:

Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

Thanks though.

sigh

Are you joking?

Wahoooooo!

Well then how come in the past when i have suggested to nerf unjustified camping and buff leaving the hook, people have attacked me with the good ol' cAmPiNg WaS iNtEnTiOnAl jUsT dOnT gEt CaUgHt

• ad19970

@SenzuDuck said:

@ad19970 said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

Raccoon said:

Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

Thanks though.

sigh

Are you joking?

Wahoooooo!

Oh absolutely, I have no issue with camping, but it's when people complain about it having counters like it's ridiculous.

Borrowed time isn't even a counter, it's a trade
    Body Blocking isn't a counter, it's a trade.

All the ways thats involve "countering" camping is a trade, you either take damage and someone goes down, if the killer is terrible than they all get away but that's assuming killers are bad which they all aren't.

Yeah that's completely true. I still think it's a simple design flaw to have a strategy that takes so little skill and that is no fun for the opposing side to be potentially quite effective. We're not talking about balance, we're talking about how to design the game better. Sadly some people just make the argument that it's just survivor mains wanting killers to play their way. And that's not the point.

• No_Cluie_Louis

The stupid thing is, camping is OP, but only because it's so boring for all the survivors, ironically however, it's also boring for the killer. People say well it works, yeh it works for killing people, but not for getting points, pipping, or having fun. However i also feel that sometimes killers feel they need to do it to secure a kill, which is why i agree with @ad19970 in that there should be a nerf to camping (IF IT'S UNJUSTIFIED) but a buff to leaving the hook

• ad19970

@SenzuDuck said:

@ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Paddy4583 said:

ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

My favourite bit is where he calls me honey acting all proud and cocky without proving a single thing.

I feel like you two need to settle down with your fights anyways, just keep it calm, arguing about different opinions is fine, just don't take it to personally. And I know, honey just sounds stupid in that context anyways.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    Imagine getting banned over arguing about Face Camping. 

F
  • Tsulan
    SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Paddy4583 said:

ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

Oh you mean the bit where he says "now what it stops is the fact that right now if the killer is right infront of someone on the hook there are no ways to unhook" and doesn't mention it stopping facecamping at all.

Theres the link for you so you can listen to your own time stamp and understand he never mentions it stops facecamping.

Don't worry. I never move the goalpost. Unlike some others...

Let's see, face camping = survivors are unable to unhook, because the prompt doesn't show up.
    Now the prompt shows up no matter what, because survivors can unhook from every side. But face camping still exists?

So infinites still exist, too? O_o
  • ad19970

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

@ad19970 said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

Raccoon said:

Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

Thanks though.

sigh

Are you joking?

Wahoooooo!

Well then how come in the past when i have suggested to nerf unjustified camping and buff leaving the hook, people have attacked me with the good ol' cAmPiNg WaS iNtEnTiOnAl jUsT dOnT gEt CaUgHt

Cause some killers mains want their easier way to get kills kept in the game. As simple as that. Or maybe they fear that when nerfing camping killers will just suffer more from gen rush.
    To me it's clear, rewarding non camping killers more and rewarding camping and tunneling campers less is not just a balance improvement, but a fundamental design improvement for the game that improves the experience of both sides for the majority of the player base.

• ad19970

@Raccoon said:
    Imagine getting banned over arguing about Face Camping. 

F

What? Who is getting banned?

• No_Cluie_Louis

@Tsulan said:

Listen @Tsulan, you still haven't provided a good argument, you've just corrected my definition, and you're sitll wrong cuz as infinite means you can go round infinitely but face camp means camping in their face

• ad19970

@Tsulan said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:

SenzuDuck said:

@Paddy4583 said:

ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said: I really wish that the devs would reverse the swivel hooks for a month or so.  Wait, you mean so that the old face camping is possible again?

Let's see, face camping = survivors are unable to unhook, because the prompt doesn't show up.
    Now the prompt shows up no matter what, because survivors can unhook from every side. But face camping still exists?

No, I'm pretty sure face camping is defined as the killer being within a meter of the hooked survivor. At least that's what SenzuDuck said.

• Tsulan
    ad19970 said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Paddy4583 said:

ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

I feel like you two need to settle down with your fights anyways, just keep it calm, arguing about different opinions is fine, just don't take it to personally. And I know, honey just sounds stupid in that context anyways.

I tried twice. 
    Maybe I should try a third time. 

@SenzuDuck peace?
  • Seanzu

@Tsulan said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:

SenzuDuck said:

@Paddy4583 said:

ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said: I really wish that the devs would reverse the swivel hooks for a month or so.  Wait, you mean so that the old face camping is possible again?

They LITERALLY define face camping as being within one metre of the hook.

NOT your definition of facecamping

THEY THEN STATE that there are now ways to unhook someone if the killer is blocking the prompt.

NOWHERE do they state that it removes face camping, despite you bragging earlier in the thread with

"Want a dev stream where the devs explain what face camping was and how they removed it?"

So from this

1. Yes, they defined face camping as being within one metre of the hook, however it's not the definition you keep slinging around

2. No, they never stated it was "removed" not at any point in this video did they do that.

So, Tsulan, providing no evidence and only contradicting his own words with his video "proofs" still thinks he's correct.

• ad19970

@No_Cluie_Louis said:
    The stupid thing is, camping is OP, but only because it's so boring for all the survivors, ironically however, it's also boring for the killer. People say well it works, yeh it works for killing people, but not for getting points, pipping, or having fun. However i also feel that sometimes killers feel they need to do it to secure a kill, which is why i agree with @ad19970 in that there should be a nerf to camping (IF IT'S UNJUSTIFIED) but a buff to leaving the hook

This exactly. I still remember reading the suggestion that survivors that get unhooked should suffer a decerased repair speed for a certain amount of time. Combining that with a slower Bleed Out Speed if the same conditions are met that are defined for the Chaser Emblem to punish camping, and/or showing the killers aura when within a certain range of the hooked survivor, plus maybe a small action speed buff to survivors for every survivor that is dead or dc'd, and the game would definitely be improved in my opinion.

• Tsulan
    @Peanits or @not_Queen could you please settle this? 
    Explain us who is right please. Since this leads nowhere.
  • Seanzu

@Tsulan said:

But... I thought you had all that concrete evidence in that video you were going to post...

Or with further examination have you figured out nothing you've said is actually true and would like to grasp at even more straws as to possibly being correct?

• No_Cluie_Louis

@ad19970 said:

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

@ad19970 said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

Raccoon said:

Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

Thanks though.

sigh

Are you joking?

Wahoooooo!

Cause some killers mains want their easier way to get kills kept in the game. As simple as that. Or maybe they fear that when nerfing camping killers will just suffer more from gen rush.
    To me it's clear, rewarding non camping killers more and rewarding camping and tunneling campers less is not just a balance improvement, but a fundamental design improvement for the game that improves the experience of both sides for the majority of the player base.

Well i totally agree, so i wish people like @master and @Tsulan would stop claiming it's balanced

• No_Cluie_Louis

@Tsulan said:

Why bring them into this? if they agreed, they would have done something ages ago. They're only so reluctant to as last time they tried, their attempt was awful and was mightily abused. I wish they would do something like @ad19970 is suggesting

• Master

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

@ad19970 said:

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

@ad19970 said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

Raccoon said:

Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

@Tsulan said:

ReneAensland said:

Thanks though.

sigh

Are you joking?

Wahoooooo!

Well i totally agree, so i wish people like @master and @Tsulan would stop claiming it's balanced

Nobody claimed that facecamping was balanced.