Easiest possible solution to fixing the balance

DbD does one thing radically from every Slasher game (including upcoming ones) in that the Killer absolutely and most positively is not allowed to kill the Survivors. Not unless you're using Myers with specific (and rare) add-ons or get very lucky with the Pig. Or have a Mori obviously.

Unfortunately, this one design choice feeds into all of the other problems with the game: A lack of time, too many pallets, too many loops, too many Get Out of Jail for Free options, imbalance when facing SWF, and bad RNG.

One change could fix it. A change that I doubt Behavior will ever do not unless Hide or Die and Last Year steal a good chunk of their base away and they decide to go the nuclear option.

Remove hooks. Make it so Killers can just kill Survivors.

They can adjust it in some ways like Survivors now have to be wounded 3-4 times before being downed.

But I know they won't do this unless their hands are forced.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Doesnt address the SWF issue

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

There would be less generators, survivors would NEED an actually chance to juke a doc or Freddy etc. Chase would be completely different. Grabbing out of lockers and such would just injure, having the survivor pushing themselves past the killer getting hurt in the process. Tons of perks would be useless.

**Most of all, the skill floor would be 10x more disgusting for new survivors, who’d be eliminated a minute into the match.

What about billy and leatherface? What’d they do? This idea seems like it was radical bias with little to no thought of the bigger impact.

• Jack11803

Have you never heard the rule that the WORST game balance action is changing the core mechanics? It’s considered a no no for a reason. Of course you’d need to force the devs hand to make this true, no person with even a little intelligence would just throw the whole game topsy turvy.

• Jack11803
    edited June 2018

Easiest dilution would be to give solo queue comms that are as strong as SWF, nerf survivors in general, buff killers like Freddy. Then buff the aura perks because their use would now strictly be exact location based. Also make knockout 8m, cuz why not?

• Jack11803

Oh sweet, more tasty flags, I presume by saltykiller, I know almost have 50. Amazing. How is that spam by the way?

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

No instead of removing hooks, I am 50/50 on this with the current balance but maybe make the Killer be able to kill 1 survivor by default. It may sound extreme but with the current issue of gen rushing, I think it would balance out and make killer more terrifying and make survs not want to bully the killer since they wouldn't want to be chosen to die. That's my 2 cents on this discussion. Again I'm 50/50 on this due to such a dramatic change but then again, with the OPness of survs, I can get behind it as well.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

My idea to balance time wasted is to have Bloodlust take longer to accumulate but it has Devour Hope effects: exposing the survivor after so much time wasted, and making them vulnerable to being taken out of the game completely if they waste too much of the killer's time.

It would be up to the survivor: do I let the killer down me so that I have a chance to be rescued from the hook or do I waste more of the killer's time at the risk of being mori'd?

Alternatively, have the Entity progress during a chase. If the chase wasted too much time then that survivor will be hooked at Stage 2.

• Najemniczkas
    Najemniczkas Member Posts: 88
    Jack11803 said:

Oh sweet, more tasty flags, I presume by saltykiller, I know almost have 50. Amazing. How is that spam by the way?

Not sure if it's actually his fault (unless youhave slme kind of proof). You're getting those flags everywhere you go...

Back to the topic... I highly doubt it would fix anything in the balance. It would make game killer-sided more likely + game mechanics that exist in DbD are actually making this game a bit special and I think it's for the game's good - why play something, that uses the same mechanics as x other games?