The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is BHVR even listening?

With the amount of discourse that is going on in every kind of forum I can think of (Steam, Reddit, this one) about the event, you'd think we would get an official statement regarding the queue times and rebalancing the points so that Killers are worthwhile to play.
But nope, we just get another update that, while thankfully, fixes some problems with the event. Still hasn't fixed the core issue with the event. The long wait times.

No one wants to play Killer because Survivors get more points. But Survivors CAN'T get points because no one wants to play Killer. This is ridiculous. I'd expect BHVR to have an official statement regarding this current event. But it feels like they're not even listening.

Comments

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

@EntityDispleased said:
    The devs are hiding in fear of the community they created.

It's true. The player base of this game is one of the most "toxic" (aka insulting and unfriendly) I have encountered in 20+ years of online gaming.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

@Attackfrog said:
    If behavior is listening to this forum. they have probably blown their brains out by now...so no more patches.

If I was a game developer and this was my forum, I would read it for the LOL's but there is no way in hell I would actually listen to it.

Honestly: except for the textbooks by @AlwaysInAGoodShape ... those seem to be insightful and well put together. The arguments there are well refuted as well. With that exception, this forum is just a place for folks to vent, boast and complain. And when you factor in the 10+ "Camping is bad" and "I am mad cuz ___" each week, it is just a place for us to rant.

That is honestly the sad truth of every kind of DBD forums.
    At least this forum is not the Steam Forum, lol. Where the toxicity meter is through the ######### ceiling.
    I just figured that since this is their official forum, they'd take some of the things that are being said here into some consideration.
    Yes the community can be unreasonable at times (Like Killers asking devs to delete DStrike while Survivors asking devs to make Killers weaker), but there are times when those complaints are validated like with this event.

No one likes it, and those who do, good for you. But it's obvious the majority of the community feels that this event is a bad idea.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

I'll continue playing killer during this event. People are just being silly. Instant queue times and earning at least 20pts a game is much faster than waiting around and maybe earning more. I promise you that most the survivors in my lobby are earning less points on average than me. You know... since most of them die.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

@DelsKibara said:

@Attackfrog said:
    If behavior is listening to this forum. they have probably blown their brains out by now...so no more patches.

If I was a game developer and this was my forum, I would read it for the LOL's but there is no way in hell I would actually listen to it.

Honestly: except for the textbooks by @AlwaysInAGoodShape ... those seem to be insightful and well put together. The arguments there are well refuted as well. With that exception, this forum is just a place for folks to vent, boast and complain. And when you factor in the 10+ "Camping is bad" and "I am mad cuz ___" each week, it is just a place for us to rant.

That is honestly the sad truth of every kind of DBD forums.
    At least this forum is not the Steam Forum, lol. Where the toxicity meter is through the [BAD WORD] ceiling.
    I just figured that since this is their official forum, they'd take some of the things that are being said here into some consideration.
    Yes the community can be unreasonable at times (Like Killers asking devs to delete DStrike while Survivors asking devs to make Killers weaker), but there are times when those complaints are validated like with this event.

No one likes it, and those who do, good for you. But it's obvious the majority of the community feels that this event is a bad idea.

They don't listen. If they did, they would put the filter they use on their forums in post game chat.

They don't care though, so long as folks spend money.

Since it is 2019, I am honestly surprised this game has lasted as long as it did. I assumed someone would have sued them over their allowed use of racial slurs and crazy offensive language in post game chat.

And yet....here we are. Playing a game that allows people to speak to other people like we are from 1985....Or 1910, depending on your language.

It must make them good money. Hope they can sleep on their beds made from dollars and racism.

• IMMORTALEVIL
    IMMORTALEVIL Member Posts: 2

I'll continue playing killer during this event. People are just being silly. Instant queue times and earning at least 20pts a game is much faster than waiting around and maybe earning more. I promise you that most the survivors in my lobby are earning less points on average than me. You know... since most of them die.

Ok. But for example i cantc play so many time as it need now. So i just decided to drop dbd during event. I just dont have any wish to play after these great start and huge couple of points which killer recieve.i love dbd. But can play it only 1-2 hours per day if all good. I think for me ivent impossible
  • Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533

With the amount of discourse that is going on in every kind of forum I can think of (Steam, Reddit, this one) about the event, you'd think we would get an official statement regarding the queue times and rebalancing the points so that Killers are worthwhile to play.
    But nope, we just get another update that, while thankfully, fixes some problems with the event. Still hasn't fixed the core issue with the event. The long wait times.

No one wants to play Killer because Survivors get more points. But Survivors CAN'T get points because no one wants to play Killer. This is ridiculous. I'd expect BHVR to have an official statement regarding this current event. But it feels like they're not even listening.

Killers bloodpoints need to be majorly increased and red envolopes need to be spawning alot more in bloodwebs
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

The only scenario they'd care about the game is if their revenue goes down because players getting a grip and not falling for the Store fodder.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

@DelsKibara said:

why would they bring up a statement about this when they clearly wanted us to forget about legion and the ptb changes right before their winter break.

They clear are focusing on something else and dont give 2 shits. If they havent learned anything by now, they never will.
    Its been like this since launch, i just gave up trying to get BHVR to see some the issues that they so willingly love to ignore.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    No they dont, just out a game, 4 envelopes played killer DCs as soon as the game starts, all envelopes lost. Its ridiculous. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited February 2019

You're confusing "listening" for "doing". Yes, they listen, but they also disagree with a lot of the stuff that's said, so they don't do it. And hell, maybe the problem isn't the event, but rather a deeper issue that's been plaguing the game since its release, and the event was just the last straw.
    Just because you think it's a great idea doesn't mean the person you're telling it to has to do what you say.

• Breadiswhite
    Breadiswhite Member Posts: 3

Honestly I hate the devs for this game I play this game and there is always something wrong firstly the nurses hits dont register when you blink, survivors with tool boxes can rush gens the, toxic swf..look once a game that comes out similar to dead by daylight that's balanced and fun this game will fall

The godammit legion is proof that the devs dont understand how to the make the game fun and balanced he has no counter play and if they buff him his going to be stronger than nurse and easier to use

Devs if you read any of these posts listen the community but not rank 20s the ones who know how to play the game Ardetha truetalent damnnohtml otherwise your bound to crash down to rubble.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Orion said:

You're confusing "listening" for "doing". Yes, they listen, but they also disagree with a lot of the stuff that's said, so they don't do it. And hell, maybe the problem isn't the event, but rather a deeper issue that's been plaguing the game since its release, and the event was just the last straw.
    Just because you think it's a great idea doesn't mean the person you're telling it to has to do what you say.

I understand what you're saying but some of the things people are asking for is quite reasonable.

Take this event for example, most people would agree there should be at least 2 envelopes per bloodweb at the very least, 1 just now is cheap especially for og players. 

Survivors loosing envelopes/progress when killer DCs, thats bordering on the ridiculous and its something they were warned about before the event started.

Buffing killer points so more people are attracted to play killer maybe making lobbies quicker, thats just common sense surely. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@DelsKibara said:

Why would they?
    As long as money comes in, everything is fine

• Lateral
    Lateral Member Posts: 77
    edited February 2019

No, behaviour will do whatever they think will earn the most money until they run the game into the ground

cough-eternalcrusadedeathgarden*-cough

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

@Attackfrog said:

Don't forget Nikenzie who's always looking to improve the game in the best way possable for both sides!

• Arsoul
    Arsoul Member Posts: 320

End of the day, it's their game, they can do what they want.

With that said though, you also dont want to lose customers

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Almost finished coin #7. Its ok.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    I wish they would end it early. Survivor is awful right now.

Killer barely feels any different.
  • ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797
    I wish they would end it early. Survivor is awful right now.

Killer barely feels any different.
    Killer sucks played like 5 games and made ######### points for the event. No thanks, ill just continue finishing off this event on the survivors side 
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Try now
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864

They probably aren’t doing anything because the “issues” are as normal
    inflated and a lot of crying about nothing.

Im not struggling on either side to get matches, or points, and they can see what’s happening with actual data, so they can ignore the crying and see the facts.
  • Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532
    edited February 2019

Remember, we're not even half way through. If you've got 6 coins, you're half way there! Also, as I said in other thread, we've got the chance to GRIND ALL cosmetics, not just 9 of 21, or however many it was!
    They HAVE listened and still the community complains.

edit more blood points would always be nice though!

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

Yes, these forums are checked on a regular basis and feedback is collected. Keep in mind that the event only started ~two days before the weekend, at which point nobody is in the office. There is still time for changes. The Hallowed Blight event saw some significant changes part way through as well.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

@Peanits said:
    Yes, these forums are checked on a regular basis and feedback is collected. Keep in mind that the event only started ~two days before the weekend, at which point nobody is in the office. There is still time for changes. The Hallowed Blight event saw some significant changes part way through as well.

Glad to see a response from a Community Manager.
    Yeah, Hopefully this event will be fixed partway like Hallowed Blight was. Because playing Survivor during this event is just not fun at the moment.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Today is regular patch day so fingerss crosses that we see improvements to event.
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited February 2019

@Attackfrog said:

@EntityDispleased said:
    The devs are hiding in fear of the community they created.

It's true. The player base of this game is one of the most "toxic" (aka insulting and unfriendly) I have encountered in 20+ years of online gaming.

Is this your only online game or something? This game's community isn't even in the same plane of existence as League of Legends, or anything by Blizzard.

• Orion

@PiiFree said:

@Funbag5 said:
    You must not play any FPS's

@Eninya said:
    Is this your only online game or something? This game's community isn't even in the same plane of existence as League of Legends, or anything by Blizzard.

League is NOWHERE near as toxic. Not even close. Neither is CS:GO or Dota 2 and similar.

Listen, there is a basic level of toxicity in every online multiplayer game. Mostly it's just the typical "you stupid noob, learn to play!".

Maybe we should differentiate toxicity by quantity and "quality"? Yes, in CS:GO toxicity happens frequently but the level of toxicity is rather low. As I said; stupid idiot, noob, l2p ect. is mainly what it is about.

Dead By Daylight has a whole new level of toxicity. Deathwishes, wishing someones kids / wife to get cancer, getting raped to death ect? That's just sick. And that happens AT LEAST once a week. They leave insulting comments on steam profiles and whatever other social media account is connected to it.

A friend used a steam profile pic she also used on facebook and that's how people found her accont, then started to insult her real friends via facebook because she happened to kill them. It's a true story and that level of toxicity is a DbD-exclusive. I'm playing online games since CS 1.6 and not once has anyone gone outside of the specific game to make someones life miserable because of a single match.

In most communities, toxicity happens within a match and that's it, you'll never see them again. Not in DbD.

And that is what online bullying is about. Despite what people may think, it's not as easy as turning off a game or whatever; it follows you around everywhere you go.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@PiiFree said:

League is NOWHERE near as toxic. Not even close. Neither is CS:GO or Dota 2 and similar.

Listen, there is a basic level of toxicity in every online multiplayer game. Mostly it's just the typical "you stupid noob, learn to play!".

Maybe we should differentiate toxicity by quantity and "quality"? Yes, in CS:GO toxicity happens frequently but the level of toxicity is rather low. As I said; stupid idiot, noob, l2p ect. is mainly what it is about.

Dead By Daylight has a whole new level of toxicity. Deathwishes, wishing someones kids / wife to get cancer, getting raped to death ect? That's just sick. And that happens AT LEAST once a week. They leave insulting comments on steam profiles and whatever other social media account is connected to it.

A friend used a steam profile pic she also used on facebook and that's how people found her accont, then started to insult her real friends via facebook because she happened to kill them. It's a true story and that level of toxicity is a DbD-exclusive. I'm playing online games since CS 1.6 and not once has anyone gone outside of the specific game to make someones life miserable because of a single match.

In most communities, toxicity happens within a match and that's it, you'll never see them again. Not in DbD.

Yet... people who are streaming CS:GO need to worry about the SWAT Team knocking down their door... But yeah... It is DBD exclusive, that ######### bags reach out into others personal life. I don't think the term SWATTING got born out of the DBD experience.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    edited February 2019

@TheBean said:
    Yet... people who are streaming CS:GO need to worry about the SWAT Team knocking down their door... But yeah... It is DBD exclusive, that ######### bags reach out into others personal life. I don't think the term SWATTING got born out of the DBD experience.

Firstly, you're comparing popular streamers with some casuals /randoms getting bullied.

Secondly, how often has that happened yet?

Thirdly, has absolutely nothing to do with the toxicity of a community. Anything that happens to streamers happens to them due to them BEING STREAMERS, not being part of a specific gaming community. A random person would never get swatted or anything like that. It's a Twitch / Streaming issue, not a specific gaming communities.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

@Laakeri said:
    Today is regular patch day so fingerss crosses that we see improvements to event.

Seriously?

• TheBean

@PiiFree said:
    Firstly, you're comparing popular streamers with some casuals /randoms getting bullied.

So streamers aren't people aswell?... So they should be subject to online harassment? Sorry I didn't realize you were only taking about YOUR friend, cause they are all that matters.

Secondly, how often has that happened yet?

It happened enough that there are laws now against it, specifically, and it was given its own term. But sorry yeah.. it probably doesn't happen enough like what happened to YOUR friend, cause they are all that matters right?

@PiiFree said:
    Thirdly, has absolutely nothing to do with the toxicity of a community. Anything that happens to streamers happens to them due to them BEING STREAMERS, not being part of a specific gaming community. A random person would never get swatted or anything like that. It's a Twitch / Streaming issue, not a specific gaming communities.

So if I was watching a streamer who plays Hello Kitty I would SWAT the streamer who plays CS:GO?

So is this only DBD exclusive?

https://kotaku.com/man-spends-six-months-plotting-murder-of-counter-strike-5550609

ok lets forget about that one... what about this one...

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/26/17783924/madden-tournament-shooting-jacksonville-florida

Oh yeah... but it doesn't fit into the DBD exclusive... So.. these can't apply.

LULS

• TheBean

@PiiFree said:
    Listen, I think you completly missed the point, by miles. What are you trying to tell me? That there are psychopaths out there? Did I EVER deny that? Seriously, what's are you trying to tell me?

I want you to go back to my post, read it and then explain to me how any of this stuff is relevant to my post.

I don't consider a shooting (which I btw unfortunately had seen happening live on twitch) an act of toxicity, it's pure psychopatic and has absolutely nothing to do with the specific game (Madden, in that case) per se. It's a psychopath that happened to be part of the Madden community. Same with the Swatting (which doesn't exclusively happens to CSGO players, btw). All those things happened because of the STREAMS. It's a STREAMING issue, just like the guys that shoot at DrDisrespects house. No one will shoot are your house for playing PUBG, but they will start to do that when you become a popular streamer because out of the 10'000'000 followers you have, chances are high that a few psychopaths are amongs them. You get it?

Cause you like to say it is DBD exclusive when I can point out it isn't. DBD... Streaming... Madden... What is the difference?

What is the difference is "toxicity" compared to the person who goes out of their way to find personal details about people inorder to continue their harassment? How is that act not psychopathic? Because they didn't come to your friends house to shot them?

Your friend isn't the measure of online harassment in the DBD community. They are a victim of online harassment which can happen when people are online, and can happen in ANY online community. It isn't DBD exclusive.

There are ######### bags in all communities. Just because that ######### bag decided to play DBD doesn't mean it is DBD exclusive.

You need to stop being so narrow minded. Look beyond your computer monitor and realize there is more out there then the DBD community.

You only look at it from the perceptive of how it affected your friend. When it could have happened to anyone, including a streamer. However you seem to apply logic of, if they are a streamer they deserve it.. OR they should "expect" it because they are a streamer.

So shouldn't your friend except that they could be subject to online harassment when they post personal information on the internet about themselves? Don't they accept the same responsibility of the streamer by putting their details online? Your friend put their personal details on the internet and others figured it out then harassed them. But based on the logic you apply to streamers, your friend, should have accepted this harassment because they put their information online.

Do you get it yet?

• TheBean

@PiiFree said:
    In DbD, even the "normal" players have to fear to get targeted personally, because the overall toxicity has reached a really high level. I think it's important for you to understand that I never claimed that the MOST TOXIC things have happened in the Dead By Daylight community, I'm saying that the general playerbase in Dead By Daylight is a lot more toxic than any other community that I know - and this includes CSGO, Dota 2, LoL, ARK, CoD, BF,...

However it isn't DBD exclusive... That is just you pulling something out of the air and applying it to this game cause your friend was harassed.

I have the same fear of being target personally... However, myself, I fear that from any online game. Not because one is more toxic then the others, but because it is the internet.

I'm wouldn't be posting personal information in one game over another game because the community is less toxic. I'm wouldn't be posting it because it puts my information online for anyone to get to.

• Orion

@not_Queen said:
    We are listening, there are a lot of details involved when it comes to game development and we can't talk / communicate until we have a clear plan.

Here are the steps we are taking / took to react to the Community feedback on the event.

1. Fix the launch issue - No event progression (2h)
    2. Sent a hotfix for crashes and the false vessel progression for survivors (Next day PC / Friday on PS4 / Monday on XBOX) Console updates take a bit more time because they need to be approved.
    3. While 1-2 were going on we were also busy getting feedback from the Community on the Event itself.
      We came up with 4 main points: Not enough progression from the killer side / Not enough offerings in the Bloodweb / Longer matchmaking on survivor side / Not enough Bloodpoint generation from the offerings.
    4. Once the 1-2 issues were fixed, we analyzed data on matchmaking to try and isolate the problem causing the extended survivor queues and rule out a bug.
    5. Then, we needed to chose to push a hotfix and decide what we could include in the hotfix that can match the Community feedback. We chose to change the Killer event progression as well as the Offering spawn rate. (for more details: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/45458/moonrise-event-balance-hotfix#latest)
    6. Today, we are pushing the first balance change to the killer event progression and we hope it will improve the killer's event experience and improve the survivor matchmaking. This update is to the backend so players won't have to download anything.
    7. We are planning the hotfix this week to adjust the spawning rate of event offerings as well as correct the text to match our balance backend changes.

Hope this helps :)

The rest are bugs and other issues that have been reported to QA.

Not enough! Orion demands compensation in the form of 1 kilogram of milk and/or white chocolate! That, or shirtless Shape.

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    not_Queen said:

We are listening, there are a lot of details involved when it comes to game development and we can't talk / communicate until we have a clear plan.

Here are the steps we are taking / took to react to the Community feedback on the event.

2. Sent a hotfix for crashes and the false vessel progression for survivors (Next day PC / Friday on PS4 / Monday on XBOX) Console updates take a bit more time because they need to be approved.
    3. While 1-2 were going on we were also busy getting feedback from the Community on the Event itself.
      We came up with 4 main points: Not enough progression from the killer side / Not enough offerings in the Bloodweb / Longer matchmaking on survivor side / Not enough Bloodpoint generation from the offerings.
    4. Once the 1-2 issues were fixed, we analyzed data on matchmaking to try and isolate the problem causing the extended survivor queues and rule out a bug.
    5. Then, we needed to chose to push a hotfix and decide what we could include in the hotfix that can match the Community feedback. We chose to change the Killer event progression as well as the Offering spawn rate. (for more details: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/45458/moonrise-event-balance-hotfix#latest)
    6. Today, we are pushing the first balance change to the killer event progression and we hope it will improve the killer's event experience and improve the survivor matchmaking. This update is to the backend so players won't have to download anything.
    7. We are planning the hotfix this week to adjust the spawning rate of event offerings as well as correct the text to match our balance backend changes.

Okay, sis, work.
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@PiiFree said:

Howdy there, inserting myself here as I am bored. I shall address your points in as much of a respectful manner as possible. For this reason, I'll consider each paragraph a point. Also understand that while not directed at me, I'll still act as if the first sentence is a point.

1] I have not played any of those games, but I can assure you that the community of any game can be 'toxic' outside of the actual game itself.

2] This is very true, moving on.

3] Alright, we'll do it your way. I am a console pleb so I don't have much in ways of text communication with other teams in games that permit such chats. However I can say the amount of 'toxicity' in various games I have played are equally as various in 'Quality' and 'Quantity'. GTA 5 has a special amount of toxic in both regards, no matter the system.

4] ... What game doesn't have people who send death threats? In fact, let's step outside of games for a second. One prime example is Steven Universe where a artist was treated horrifically for drawing a single character skinny, so much so in fact that they had to shut down their entire online accounts. Dead by Daylight is the most tame thing in comparison. Does it have a lot of toxicity? Yes. Is it the most toxic? Regarding online games, maybe.

5] That is vile and I'm sorry that has happened. But my point stands that it's not just DbD. It's more pronounced, sure, but other games can be, and are, just as bad.

6] This point is not really true. Again, it's more pronounced, but there will always be toxic [Bad Word] in online games. If your account can be viewed/located, then it doesn't matter which game it is, dedicated people will find you and [Bad Word] with you if they have the chance. This game doesn't breed toxicity. People will always be toxic, it is unfortunate that DbD seems to attract them more then most.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    not_Queen said:

<3
  • PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

@Shad03 said:
    Howdy there, inserting myself here as I am bored. I shall address your points in as much of a respectful manner as possible. For this reason, I'll consider each paragraph a point. Also understand that while not directed at me, I'll still act as if the first sentence is a point.

Hi, thanks, I'll go through them one after another;

@Shad03 said:
    1] I have not played any of those games, but I can assure you that the community of any game can be 'toxic' outside of the actual game itself.

It certainly does, but I have never experienced it in such a frequency. My steam profiles at this point holds up around 550 comments, mainly insults and exclusively from Dead By Daylight. My account is 10 years old, open since day 1 and has somewhat several thousand hours of play time but I never received an insulting profile comment until I started playing DbD (people going outside of the game itself to insult someone).

@Shad03 said:
    2] This is very true, moving on.

Same.

@Shad03 said:
    3] Alright, we'll do it your way. I am a console pleb so I don't have much in ways of text communication with other teams in games that permit such chats. However I can say the amount of 'toxicity' in various games I have played are equally as various in 'Quality' and 'Quantity'. GTA 5 has a special amount of toxic in both regards, no matter the system.

I played GTA Online on both PS4 and on Steam for several hundred hours and the toxicity I received is nowhere near as close as that from DbD, but I'll take that as "a different experience".

@Shad03 said:
    4] ... What game doesn't have people who send death threats? In fact, let's step outside of games for a second. One prime example is Steven Universe where a artist was treated horrifically for drawing a single character skinny, so much so in fact that they had to shut down their entire online accounts. Dead by Daylight is the most tame thing in comparison. Does it have a lot of toxicity? Yes. Is it the most toxic? Regarding online games, maybe.

Again, psychopaths are everywhere but judging a whole community based on a specific individual (such as that Madden example of TheBean)? I'm talking about the average toxicity that you should expect to face as a player by just playing the game. As I said, psychopaths are everywhere but should I really expect that people to wish that my kids get raped to death on a regular basis just for...playing the game? It happens, but I've never seen it happen in such a frequency as it does in DbD.

@Shad03 said:
    5] That is vile and I'm sorry that has happened. But my point stands that it's not just DbD. It's more pronounced, sure, but other games can be, and are, just as bad.

There was an asian guy that literally killed someone over their World of Warcraft weapon. Does that make WoW the most toxic game? I don't think so, it was a psychopath that happened to play WoW, but that doesn't really represents the community. However, hundreds of insulting profile comments from the same community DO represent the community, in my opinion.

@Shad03 said:
    6] This point is not really true. Again, it's more pronounced, but there will always be toxic [Bad Word] in online games. If your account can be viewed/located, then it doesn't matter which game it is, dedicated people will find you and [Bad Word] with you if they have the chance. This game doesn't breed toxicity. People will always be toxic, it is unfortunate that DbD seems to attract them more then most.

I simply disagree then. From my experience, this game breeds toxicity more than any other game I played (and therea re a lot).

The gameplay itself consists of toxic playstyles which makes it so easy to spread it that people do it on a regular base without even realizing it. Camping, tunneling, looping, using flashlights, teabagging,... the list of stuff that can promote toxicity is big and the frequency of that stuff happening is high.

You tunnel someone? People insult you.
    You camp someone? People insult you.
    You mori someone? People insult you.
    You loop someone? People insult you.
    You blind someone? People insult you.
    You use NOED? People insult you.
    You use DS? People insult you.
    You teabag? People insult you.
    You hit someone on hook? People insult you.
    Play Nurse? People insult you.
    the list goes on.

It can be difficult to find a playstyle that does not lead to toxic reactions afterwards.

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114

@Orion said:

Not enough! Orion demands compensation in the form of 1 kilogram of milk and/or white chocolate! That, or shirtless Shape.

No milk. :|

• Orion

@not_Queen said:

@Orion said:

No milk. :|

I meant milk chocolate or white chocolate. :p

• love
    love Member Posts: 11

just love all each other