These balance changes that I am confident will help this game's balance.

Options

Anti-GenTap Fix

Make it so that the gen progress bar doesn't start to progress until after 3 seconds of holding the action button on the gens and also won't stop the Killer's gen-break function until after the 3 second time.

Pros for balance
-Survivors won't be able to cheese the Killer's gen-break function
-Survivors won't be able to avoid Hex: Ruin (Hex: Ruin skill checks won't activate during the 3 second time either so they won't be robbed of the progress they've made in rather risky situations)

Killer Reworks

Trapper Aka the real OG of DbD

Power Rework: When survivors step into a bear trap, even when they are injured, it brings them down a health state. Ex: If they are injured and step into a trap designed for trapping bears, they are put into the dying state.

Power Rework #2: Disarming a beartrap requires a skillcheck and if they miss it, it still disarms the bear trap but puts them in the injured state (like as if their hand got nipped and left a nasty gash) Disclaimer: I came up with this on my own and then I saw your dev stream bringing it up which I was happy to hear

Disclaimer: I had ideas on how to rework the addons for Trapper, but I heard yall are going to rework them so I'm not gonna waste time on typing out my suggestions unless you'd like to me to.

Wraith

Power Rework: The Wraith can hit survivors while invisable and upon hitting a survivor, will go through the after-hit animation and then the decloak animation but will not be able to recloak for 10-15 seconds so the Wraith player can't cheese it.

Pros for Balance
-Will give the Wraith a stealth hit and even might cause a couple jumpscares
-It'll give the Wraith an edge in approaching survivors and even in mid chase if used accordingly

Hag
-Spawning from triggered traps doesn't apply a slowdown effect
-If a crouching survivor steps directly on a trap, the trap is triggered

Pig
-The growl causes exhaustion for 3-5 seconds

Disclaimer: Someone else came up with this idea and I can't remember who came up with it. Whoever did is a genius.

Freddy
-Survivors in the Dream State have to be fully healed before being able to be woken up.
-Survivors in the Dream State suffer from the Mangled Status effect

D.S. change
Upon successful activation, the survivor is put through a bleedout timer that lasts for the same amount of time as Borrowed Time.

Pros for Balance
-With your emblem system, you want survivor players to play more stealthy right? Well if they aren't running Iron Will their groans of pain from your change in mind will be a dead giveaway. So make it so that if they don't hide and juke from the killer and try to pallet loop them, they get punished for it. But if they get away, they can heal themselves out of the timer and back to full health and will also make perks like Unbreakable and Tenacity more viable.

Disclaimer: I saw your changes you're working on for DS and I think that'll make it a bad perk choice for a lot of survivors. I may be a killer main, but I want balance. Not an easy win. I play survivor fairly enough too and not being able to heal to full health might be too much of a hinderance for some players. Also it can be abused if used correctly at the end game.

Self Care change

Rework: Make it so that for the level of Self Care determines how many times you can heal yourself. Ex: Tier 1 means you can heal yourelf 1 time, Tier 2 means you can heal yourself 2 times, and Tier 3 means you can heal yourself 3 times.

Pros for balance
-Survivors won't be able to cheese self care all game
-Will make perks like Empathy more viable

Disclaimer: I saw your rework that you have in mind about resetting the bar if they can't complete it and to tell ya the truth, I think that would be a bad choice because it'd be annoying for a lot of players that are like 1 second from being healed but then the Killer is gonna hit them if they don't move, they'll be brought back to injured state and have to do it all over again. And that's if they finish it in time. Not to mention if the killer is tunneling the crap outta them. But if you just make it a set number of times they can heal, then they can still heal themselves without those annoying hassels but also won't be able to cheese it like a lot of players do.

Hex Perk Reworks
When destroying a Hex, the hex has a devastating secondary effect that hurts survivors. This way they will be viable and yall over at the office don't have to take the painful detour of moving the totem locations and other rather daunting tasks.

Hex: Ruin
-When destroyed, all survivors' repair speed is reduced by 20%

Hex: Thrill of The Hunt
-When destroyed, all survivors' auras are revealed for 10 seconds

Hex: Huntress' Lullaby
-When destroyed, all skill checks function as if 3 tokens are active for the rest of the match

Hex: Devour Hope
-When destroyed, all survivors are put into the Exposed status effect for 1 minute

Hex: The Third Seal
-When destroyed, all survivors are put into the Blindness status effect for 1 minute

Pros for balance
-Hex perks can't just be instantly destroyed at the beginning of the match without paying for it
-Killers won't have to waste a perk slot if not more than 1.
-Destroying the totems will hurt survivors, but the survivors will still prevent their full power from being unleashed.

Anyone have opinions or thoughts? Feel free to share. Have an idea? Please share because 2 heads are always better than 1.

Comments

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742
    Options
    I like the idea of totems hurting survivors they are evil after all. I believe no one escapes death cleanse should involve a blood for blood sacrifice they cleanse it but it outright kills them.
  • CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    Options

@sorrowen said:
    I like the idea of totems hurting survivors they are evil after all. I believe no one escapes death cleanse should involve a blood for blood sacrifice they cleanse it but it outright kills them.

This morning I was thinking about NOED, but NOED, to me, shouldn't even be a Hex perk. But I do like your suggestion, but I also don't at the same time. Maybe instead of killing the survivor, how about it downs them instead?

• iOrangeStain
    iOrangeStain Member Posts: 81
    Options

I like the anti-gen tap idea. Maybe you need to repair for 10 seconds otherwise regression will not stop, and no progress will be made in those 10 seconds?

• FoxWolfFrostFire
    FoxWolfFrostFire Member Posts: 197
    Options
    Add four sections to the Generator repair bar, if not being fix the gen will naturally degrade itself at a rate of 1% a second to the last milestone that it was fixed too. A damage generator will degrade at a rate of 2%+2x(X)(Where x is the number of remaining Survivors. 4->8%, 3->6%, 2->4, 1->2), and will degrade past any milestone marker

Putting a lock on gens and add a Code Paper symbol to the base survivor hud. A Survivor can only have 1 Code Paper at a time. These Code Paper can be found in any map at the basement and at each exit gate with a respawn timer of 30 seconds, also 33%(effected by luck)chance to also find a pass code in any chest. It takes a use action to pick up a Code paper or automatically picked up from a searched chest and takes 5 seconds to unlock a gen, which makes sound similar to searching in a chest. If stopped or interupided the progress of unlock a Gen will stay where it was left.
    +Adding Functionality to Keys allowing any key at the cost of 10% of it’s durability to unlock any gen with or without a code paper
    *Unlocking a gen is worth 1/7th of finishing a gen for Blood Points and Light Bringer points

It is true this is very oppressive change to Survivors but it is needed to slow them down and make the games much more tense. I have made this suggestion to balance from the top down. From rank 1 to rank 20. I feel it is a bad idea to balance it in the middle or at the low end.

If you like this idea, Up vote and comment show the devs you want this change.

• OxyReap
    OxyReap Member Posts: 90
    Options

I think the change for Hex : Ruin is overpowered. It's already very strong, the problem isn't the perk is bad , it's gens are too easy to repairs, and they need to nerf that by adding global objective or increasing the necessary time for repair.

Hex are not very good for one reason : They can be spotted since begining. Just put a timer like 3 minutes or more before totems spawn.

And if they had both of that in game, ruin will need to be nerfed. Instead of decreasing progression, stop it 2 seconds will be enough. As i said, it's only if two first changes are made.

• CallMeRusty420
    Options

@OxyReap said:
    I think the change for Hex : Ruin is overpowered. It's already very strong, the problem isn't the perk is bad , it's gens are too easy to repairs, and they need to nerf that by adding global objective or increasing the necessary time for repair.

Hex are not very good for one reason : They can be spotted since begining. Just put a timer like 3 minutes or more before totems spawn.

And if they had both of that in game, ruin will need to be nerfed. Instead of decreasing progression, stop it 2 seconds will be enough. As i said, it's only if two first changes are made.

I disagree. I think the Ruin would be fine. It'd make the perk more viable and a lot of matches get ended in 4 minutes by gen rushing survivors. The Ruin change would only happen upon the survivors if they destroy the totem. Ruin is lackluster at bet tbh with ya. When I play as surv, I can hit those hex skill checks without too much difficulty. Hell even if I miss a few, the gen still get's finished pretty quickly.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    Anti-GenTap Fix

Make it so that the gen progress bar doesn't start to progress until after 3 seconds of holding the action button on the gens and also won't stop the Killer's gen-break function until after the 3 second time.
    Pros for balance
    -Survivors won't be able to avoid Hex: Ruin (Hex: Ruin skill checks won't activate during the 3 second time either so they won't be robbed of the progress they've made in rather risky situations)

A bit too large. I'm afraid this will buff three-gen strats too much. Maybe it won't progress after 1-2s instead. Just a little bit will prevent gen tapping.

Power Rework #2: Disarming a beartrap requires a skillcheck and if they miss it, it still disarms the bear trap but puts them in the injured state (like as if their hand got nipped and left a nasty gash) Disclaimer: I came up with this on my own and then I saw your dev stream bringing it up which I was happy to hear

Maybe. Only if they redesign the skill check a little bit, maybe. It seems a bit redundant to add them to every nook and cranny of the game. (Already present in Doc and Pig's powers.)

Pig

Disclaimer: Someone else came up with this idea and I can't remember who came up with it. Whoever did is a genius.

I don't think it makes sense lore-wise. Would rather save that sort of buff for the Wraith instead. If anything, the Pig will do just fine with her power if/when they nerf SB.

D.S. change
    Upon successful activation, the survivor is put through a bleedout timer that lasts for the same amount of time as Borrowed Time.

Pros for Balance
    -With your emblem system, you want survivor players to play more stealthy right? Well if they aren't running Iron Will their groans of pain from your change in mind will be a dead giveaway. So make it so that if they don't hide and juke from the killer and try to pallet loop them, they get punished for it. But if they get away, they can heal themselves out of the timer and back to full health and will also make perks like Unbreakable and Tenacity more viable.

Disclaimer: I saw your changes you're working on for DS and I think that'll make it a bad perk choice for a lot of survivors. I may be a killer main, but I want balance. Not an easy win. I play survivor fairly enough too and not being able to heal to full health might be too much of a hinderance for some players. Also it can be abused if used correctly at the end game.

Sounds good to me. Maybe make it 30s instead of 25s timer. I think that'd be fair, given that BT requires a hit before going into Endurance state.

Self Care change

Rework: Make it so that for the level of Self Care determines how many times you can heal yourself. Ex: Tier 1 means you can heal yourelf 1 time, Tier 2 means you can heal yourself 2 times, and Tier 3 means you can heal yourself 3 times.

Pros for balance

Disclaimer: I saw your rework that you have in mind about resetting the bar if they can't complete it and to tell ya the truth, I think that would be a bad choice because it'd be annoying for a lot of players that are like 1 second from being healed but then the Killer is gonna hit them if they don't move, they'll be brought back to injured state and have to do it all over again. And that's if they finish it in time. Not to mention if the killer is tunneling the crap outta them. But if you just make it a set number of times they can heal, then they can still heal themselves without those annoying hassels but also won't be able to cheese it like a lot of players do.

Sounds good. It won't heavily nerf solo players unlike many other suggested changes.

Hex Perk Reworks
    When destroying a Hex, the hex has a devastating secondary effect that hurts survivors. This way they will be viable and yall over at the office don't have to take the painful detour of moving the totem locations and other rather daunting tasks.

I think your rendition rewards Killers too much just for possessing a Hex perk. IMO, all broken Hexes should curse the survivor that cleanses it, and only if the Killer manages to gain stacks to begin with. Hexes that the killer successfully protects should have strong returns, while hexes that Killers neglect will do little when cleansed.

This will promote the style of play that Hex Perks require: guarding and protection in exchange for their curses.

Too strong IMO. It completely overshadows Dying Light and other hindrance perks. It would make it way more mandatory than it already is.

Instead: it should apply to the cleansing survivor by having an aura that reduces repair speed by 15%*(x) to themselves and survivors 5m around them. X being generators not completed.

Kinda cool, kinda OP. Not a fan of extra aura reading. Again, I think it should only be for the survivor that does the cleansing. It's already not fun that BBQC punishes survivors for other people's mistakes and this would be just that.

Instead: Apply a curse that shows the cleanser's aura to the killer by 3 seconds for every token/totem uncleansed (min:3s, max:15s). Killer's Bloodlust gain is permanently shorter versus this survivor.

-When destroyed, all skill checks function as if 3 tokens are active for the rest of the match

Excessive and oppressive for lower ranks, while kinda worthless at higher ones.

Instead: Give no notification of Hex Lullaby until 5 stacks. The cleansing survivor is cursed with the number of tokens at the time of cleansing permanently.

-When destroyed, all survivors are put into the Exposed status effect for 1 minute

Really excessive, but maybe balanced by the low duration.

Instead: At 3-5 stacks, curse the cleansing survivor with Exposed or Exposed+Mori ability (at 5 stacks) for 3 minutes.

-When destroyed, all survivors are put into the Blindness status effect for 1 minute

Really weak.

Instead: If the cleanser has been hit, permanently curse them with a hex that hides their aura from teammates, and prevents them from seeing teammates auras. If not hit, duration is only 3 minutes.

Pros for balance
    -Hex perks can't just be instantly destroyed at the beginning of the match without paying for it
    -Destroying the totems will hurt survivors, but the survivors will still prevent their full power from being unleashed.

Anyone have opinions or thoughts? Feel free to share. Have an idea? Please share because 2 heads are always better than 1.

In my opinion, most Hexes are designed for snowballs. Hexes should not be a "equip and forget" perk, but instead promote a different playstyle that produces a new objective for both killers and survivors. If the Killer fails to protect their Hex and have them cleansed in 30 seconds, the survivors deserve the win. But if the killer does build up the strength of the Hex, its remaining power should curse the survivor that cleanses it.

The only thing necessary is that totem placements be reworked to be away from survivor spawn points, generators, and open areas without cover.

• ThePeeje
    ThePeeje Member Posts: 70
    Options
    Sorry mate. Of the ideas i read, only the gen tapping and traps bringing players down a level of health and failing the skill check one also was good. The rest - OP for killers. Some are way too game changing. Hag needs a counter and crouching is fine. For example.
  • CallMeRusty420
    Options

@ThePeeje said:
    Sorry mate. Of the ideas i read, only the gen tapping and traps bringing players down a level of health and failing the skill check one also was good. The rest - OP for killers. Some are way too game changing. Hag needs a counter and crouching is fine. For example.

Well these are ideas. I appreciate your feedback. If you have any ideas, please let know! Like I said in my post, 2 heads are always better than one.

• OxyReap
    Options

@CallMeRusty420 We can have both our opinion. For me Ruin is too strong but very weak if you got enough luck to find the totem.

Nerf a little bit ruin force and up totems in the map is how the game will be better IMO.

• CallMeRusty420
    edited May 2018
    Options

@OxyReap said:
    @CallMeRusty420 We can have both our opinion. For me Ruin is too strong but very weak if you got enough luck to find the totem.

Nerf a little bit ruin force and up totems in the map is how the game will be better IMO.

Upping the number of totems int he map? That's an interesting approach. But the reason why I made the hex's as strong as I did is because of how weak as they are right now. In my opinion, I think my changes would make the hex perks viable since in my experience, there is no luck in finding the totems when they're just right next to the gen I'm workin on. But maybe upping the number of totems would actually open new doors to different reworks. Good idea there my man.

• OxyReap
    Options

@CallMeRusty420 That wasn't my idea but it's a great idea indeed ahah. When i said up totems it was on anyway like put a spawning time. Ofc during the spawning time, hex are active

• CallMeRusty420
    Options

@Visionmaker said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    Anti-GenTap Fix

Pros for balance

A bit too large. I'm afraid this will buff three-gen strats too much. Maybe it won't progress after 1-2s instead. Just a little bit will prevent gen tapping.

Maybe. Only if they redesign the skill check a little bit, maybe. It seems a bit redundant to add them to every nook and cranny of the game. (Already present in Doc and Pig's powers.)

Pig

I don't think it makes sense lore-wise. Would rather save that sort of buff for the Wraith instead. If anything, the Pig will do just fine with her power if/when they nerf SB.

D.S. change

Pros for Balance

Sounds good to me. Maybe make it 30s instead of 25s timer. I think that'd be fair, given that BT requires a hit before going into Endurance state.

Self Care change

Pros for balance

Sounds good. It won't heavily nerf solo players unlike many other suggested changes.

Hex Perk Reworks

I think your rendition rewards Killers too much just for possessing a Hex perk. IMO, all broken Hexes should curse the survivor that cleanses it, and only if the Killer manages to gain stacks to begin with. Hexes that the killer successfully protects should have strong returns, while hexes that Killers neglect will do little when cleansed.

This will promote the style of play that Hex Perks require: guarding and protection in exchange for their curses.

Too strong IMO. It completely overshadows Dying Light and other hindrance perks. It would make it way more mandatory than it already is.

Instead: it should apply to the cleansing survivor by having an aura that reduces repair speed by 15%*(x) to themselves and survivors 5m around them. X being generators not completed.

Kinda cool, kinda OP. Not a fan of extra aura reading. Again, I think it should only be for the survivor that does the cleansing. It's already not fun that BBQC punishes survivors for other people's mistakes and this would be just that.

Instead: Apply a curse that shows the cleanser's aura to the killer by 3 seconds for every token/totem uncleansed (min:3s, max:15s). Killer's Bloodlust gain is permanently shorter versus this survivor.

Excessive and oppressive for lower ranks, while kinda worthless at higher ones.

Instead: Give no notification of Hex Lullaby until 5 stacks. The cleansing survivor is cursed with the number of tokens at the time of cleansing permanently.

Really excessive, but maybe balanced by the low duration.

Instead: At 3-5 stacks, curse the cleansing survivor with Exposed or Exposed+Mori ability (at 5 stacks) for 3 minutes.

Really weak.

Instead: If the cleanser has been hit, permanently curse them with a hex that hides their aura from teammates, and prevents them from seeing teammates auras. If not hit, duration is only 3 minutes.

Pros for balance

In my opinion, most Hexes are designed for snowballs. Hexes should not be a "equip and forget" perk, but instead promote a different playstyle that produces a new objective for both killers and survivors. If the Killer fails to protect their Hex and have them cleansed in 30 seconds, the survivors deserve the win. But if the killer does build up the strength of the Hex, its remaining power should curse the survivor that cleanses it.

The only thing necessary is that totem placements be reworked to be away from survivor spawn points, generators, and open areas without cover.

I just now read your feedback and thank you for being respectful. I like some of your reworks for the ideas but I also disagree with the cleansing only affecting the cleanser. Let me meet ya in the middle and maybe the cleanser and 1 other surv are affected? What do ya think?