The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

So many anti-SWF posts

Gorgonia
Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

I'm not saying swf doesn't have an advantage over the killer, at least most of the time, but do we really need 1000 posts about the same topic?

We are all allowed to tell our story, yet the story is uninteresting when we all tell the same story over and over again.

If you want to have SWF addressed, come up with interesting proposals, don't rant about how much you hate the game and blah blah blah... you might as well save it, we have heard about it, read about it more than a hundred times already.

And if you still want to talk about it and rant, there are hundreds of open posts about the same #########. Use your comment powers, they are really useful sometimes. Entitled whiners are always ignored. Be more intelligent if you want to put your ideas across.

love xx

Comments

• Gorgonia
    We don't like Cheat With Friends as much as you don't like hearing about Cheat With Friends, so the way I see it, we're all even.  :|
    I never said I don’t like hearing about it. I have myself commented on how it should be changed in several posts. All I’m saying is that whining won’t progress as respected concern. People read people whining and move on.
  • Gorgonia
    KingB said:
    The more threads there are the more the devs will listen. Persistence is key. 
    Will they really? They never have so far...
  • DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

@SenzuDuck said:
    Don't worry about it - all the decent killers who don't care are playing the game.

It's only the bad ones on the forum complaining about it honestly.

That is something I noticed as well in the Steam forums actually.
    People who often cry about SWF being a problem often don't have the Rank 10 Killer or Survivor Achievements.
    Like, we get that you are frustrated, but why are you complaining about a feature in the game when you haven't even played enough to get the Rank 10 achievements on both sides?

• βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544

@Victory said:

@Kamikaze_Rose said:
    We don't like Cheat With Friends as much as you don't like hearing about Cheat With Friends, so the way I see it, we're all even.  :|

Playing with your friends isn't cheating, I'm sorry you haven't any friends to play with. That is def not how you make any.

I think the term, "cheating" is the wrong word to use when it comes to SWF. Maybe people should associate the term, "unfair" instead. The reason I say this is because SWF have several perk abilities without using the actual perks. For example, they have Bond, Premonition, Spine Chill, Kindred, Window of Opportunity, Modified Boiled Over (body blocking), etc. Also the added fact that they can strategize loadout builds pre-game, know how many totems have been destroyed or if a Hex is in play without the game telling you, SWF can communicate through voice (no emotes) at an unlimited range throughout the map. It's these types of advantages that make people petition against SWF because it literally feels like a game cheat inside of a multiplayer game. I would like to reiterate that SWF tactics are legal (as stated by the devs) but it doesn't change the fact that it cheapens the co-op survival horror aspect of the game by taking away the fear of the unknown, the RNG aspect of the game, etc.

• Kamikaze_Rose
    Kamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 247
    βLAKE said:

@Victory said:

@Kamikaze_Rose said:

Playing with your friends isn't cheating, I'm sorry you haven't any friends to play with. That is def not how you make any.

I think the term, "cheating" is the wrong word to use when it comes to SWF. Maybe people should associate the term, "unfair" instead. The reason I say this is because SWF have several perk abilities without using the actual perks. For example, they have Bond, Premonition, Spine Chill, Kindred, Window of Opportunity, Modified Boiled Over (body blocking), etc. Also the added fact that they can strategize loadout builds pre-game, know how many totems have been destroyed or if a Hex is in play without the game telling you, SWF can communicate through voice (no emotes) at an unlimited range throughout the map. It's these types of advantages that make people petition against SWF because it literally feels like a game cheat inside of a multiplayer game. I would like to reiterate that SWF tactics are legal (as stated by the devs) but it doesn't change the fact that it cheapens the co-op survival horror aspect of the game by taking away the fear of the unknown, the RNG aspect of the game, etc.

Fine, it's unfair, then.
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

If you cut out all the threads about SWF, camping, tunneling, overpowered perks, how every killer is both overpowered and underpowered, event whining, how toxic and/or salty the player base is, and BVHR sucks posts then you wouldn't even have forums.

• DelsKibara

@Dreamnomad said:
    If you cut out all the threads about SWF, camping, tunneling, overpowered perks, how every killer is both overpowered and underpowered, event whining, how toxic and/or salty the player base is, and BVHR sucks posts then you wouldn't even have forums.

You should see the Steam Forums, it's literally only just that.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

You should just ignore those threads honestly. If you want to participate in so badly, you can always leave a comment and don't respond it later.

I do that to several type of threads. I don't even take a look at camping, tunneling, genrushing, remove DS and NOED, nurse is OP threads. Same ######### over and over again. People have the right to talk about it and there is not much reason to tell people to not talk about it.

The thing that they should do is to create pinned threads where people talk about hot topics like camping or SWF etc.

There are many very useful and beneficial threads but they get lost in this mess unfortunately.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    @Gorgonia

The fact that various people are posting about it will help get the devs attention as far doing something about it. One person voice is not enough compared to two+. It may take a while but a little effort is better than no effort. 

I mean yeah there are some post that are ridiculous but as long as they are suggesting ways to make the game better than I am fine with it.
  • DelsKibara

@Delfador said:
    There are many very useful and beneficial threads but they get lost in this mess unfortunately.

I do know stuff like @Nickenzie 's threads gets washed up in a sea of complaints, when the stuff he has proposed would be amazing for the general QOL of the game.

• Gorgonia
    Delfador said:

You should just ignore those threads honestly. If you want to participate in so badly, you can always leave a comment and don't respond it later.

I do that to several type of threads. I don't even take a look at camping, tunneling, genrushing, remove DS and NOED, nurse is OP threads. Same ######### over and over again. People have the right to talk about it and there is not much reason to tell people to not talk about it.

The thing that they should do is to create pinned threads where people talk about hot topics like camping or SWF etc.

That’s another thing. Useful threads get lost in meaningless rants
  • Gorgonia
    Iceman said:
    @Gorgonia

The fact that various people are posting about it will help get the devs attention as far doing something about it. One person voice is not enough compared to two+. It may take a while but a little effort is better than no effort. 

I mean yeah there are some post that are ridiculous but as long as they are suggesting ways to make the game better than I am fine with it.
    If posts really suggested ways to make the game better I wouldn’t have written this. Most of it is ranting and selfish whining.
  • Axelson
    Axelson Member Posts: 86
    edited February 2019

You hate SWF or you think its overpowered? Just learn how to play Nurse or start playing Legion, i always get 3k vs swf with Legion (3k because always the guy on the hook suicide to let his team mate to take the hatch) and sometimes even 4k. You don't want to play neither Nurse or Legion? Then deal with them, but after don't cry in the forums. I think that they are the only killers that can stop try-hard SWF.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Gorgonia said:

I'm not saying swf doesn't have an advantage over the killer, at least most of the time, but do we really need 1000 posts about the same topic?

We are all allowed to tell our story, yet the story is uninteresting when we all tell the same story over and over again.

If you want to have SWF addressed, come up with interesting proposals, don't rant about how much you hate the game and blah blah blah... you might as well save it, we have heard about it, read about it more than a hundred times already.

And if you still want to talk about it and rant, there are hundreds of open posts about the same #########. Use your comment powers, they are really useful sometimes. Entitled whiners are always ignored. Be more intelligent if you want to put your ideas across.

love xx

We even need more threads such that sth finally happens after 3 years.
    Apparently we need to spam more, I will open another one later this day :wink:
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Axelson said:

You hate SWF or you think its overpowered? Just learn how to play Nurse or start playing Legion, i always get 3k vs swf with Legion (3k because always the guy on the hook suicide to let his team mate to take the hatch) and sometimes even 4k. You don't want to play neither Nurse or Legion? Then deal with them, but after don't cry in the forums. I think that they are the only killers that can stop try-hard SWF.

Well in that case either swf needs to be nerfed or all other killers have to get buffed 
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@Delfador said:

I do know stuff like @Nickenzie 's threads gets washed up in a sea of complaints, when the stuff he has proposed would be amazing for the general QOL of the game.

I can't take all the credit, some of my ideas have been inspired by @weirdkid5 because I REAL feel like his suggestion will work to be honest!

SWF Changes:

Basically, we need two party queues for the solos and SWF. SWF cannot join solos queues and vice versa to keep things simple. Solos will have an easier time reaching their pip zone while SWF will have to do a little more to reach theirs because they are expected to do better with voice communication. The killer will be rewarded with more BP whenever they are going against a SWF to compensate for the potentially increased difficulty.

Done and queues will remain the same as normal because we aren't directly splitting the player base in half.
  • DelsKibara

@Nickenzie said:
    DelsKibara said:

@Delfador said:

I can't take all the credit, some of my ideas have been inspired by @weirdkid5 because I REAL feel like his suggestion will work to be honest!

SWF Changes:

Basically, we need two party queues for the solos and SWF. SWF cannot join solos queues and vice versa to keep things simple. Solos will have an easier time reaching their pip zone while SWF will have to do a little more to reach theirs because they are expected to do better with voice communication. The killer will be rewarded with more BP whenever they are going against a SWF to compensate for the potentially increased difficulty.

Done and queues will remain the same as normal because we aren't directly splitting the player base in half.

I can live with that. +1

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    “cheating” but it’s a game mode..... ok. 
  • PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    Nickenzie said:

@Delfador said:

SWF Changes:

@Nickenzie Two separate party queues was already discussed a long time ago though. It would cause long wait times for SWF because no killers would want to go against them. They’ll look out for people loading in together and just dodge, same as always.

SWF isn’t that hard to beat. I’ve seen plenty of ######### SWF teams plenty of times. I’ve yet to see this full blown out death squad that’s here to embarrass the killer.
  • IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

@SenzuDuck said:
    Don't worry about it - all the decent killers who don't care are playing the game.

I don't agree with this. Even great killers can have problems killing SWF survivors if they know what they are doing (especially in red ranks). I am rank 3 survivor and rank 3 killer. If I get put in a game as killer against a good SWF team then I am lucky to get 1 or maybe 2 kills. The games are just very frustrating at times.

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

At this point I've given up complaning about SWF if it's a 2-3 man, I'll just play normally, if it's a 4 man I'll whip out the trusty ol' Insidious LF with IG and Agitation. If you can't beat the toxcicity... join it.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I mean yeah, making proposals would be better.
    But anyone here knows SWF reels in that sweet money from Survivors.
    No way are they gonna touch that mode for a long time, they're buffing solo Survivors...someday...

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    edited February 2019

@PinkEricka said:
    @Nickenzie Two separate party queues was already discussed a long time ago though. It would cause long wait times for SWF because no killers would want to go against them. They’ll look out for people loading in together and just dodge, same as always.

SWF isn’t that hard to beat. I’ve seen plenty of ######### SWF teams plenty of times. I’ve yet to see this full blown out death squad that’s here to embarrass the killer.

Really? Because I'm only on my third week of playing killer and I've seen them multiple times. The new death squad is a squad with like 4 toolboxes and prove thyself.

On topic: I used to really like SWF, but then my friends moved onto better games and I switched to playing killer and realized how ######### up SWF is.

• IceD34ler
    IceD34ler Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2019

@Gorgonia said:

love xx

I recommend watching Marths De Pip Squad Games on YoTube. He is kinda proof that with excellent exchange of information about where the killer is on the map it's almost impossible to even get one kill. And he plays 100 games to proof it.

Yesterday I had many of these games in red ranks. One swf timed Adrenaline perfectly to up 3 dying survivors at the same time. It was ridiculous, they all escaped with ease. The higher up you are the better they can loop. If you're unlucky all 4 of them can easily waste your time long enough to de pip you. To me the game is in a horrible horrible state.

Also some people here say Survivors have a 50% escape rate (idk where they have those numbers from) but the problem is that the communication creates a huge gap between SWF and non-SWF. If it's 50%, but 70% are SWF and 30% non-SWF so on average it's 50%...well, that doesn't make the game any better. It just shows that having both groups in the same pool is a bad idea. Especially in an asymmetrical environment. And it ends up in either super easy or super hard games for the killer.

If two groups of people would play a Call of Duty match you can still have a healthy ranking system with voice com. since it can still be 4 vs. 4 with the same game rules, it's symmetrical.

Post edited by IceD34ler on
  • IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

Agreed, @IceD34ler!

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited February 2019
    Didnt weirdkid5's post have like 90 pages of feedback and devs ignored it? Feedback has been given, but devs refuse to do anything.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1480982338956455265/
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    The question is how much of it is really SWF?

Nobody is denying that SWF have an advantage due to the co-ordination they have, however I'm sure we've all had a thousand games where the killer goes on a salty rant at the end about us being a 4 man swf even though we were playing solo.

I think they should show who was SWF at the end just so we can really see how common 3-4 man swf really is and how effective it is. Maybe some of the comments about it would decrease? Because right now it feels like people blame sll of their worst losses on swf even though that might not be the case.

Regardless, toxicity is definitely more of an issue with swf.
  • IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

@PinkEricka said:
    Kamikaze_Rose said:

We don't like Cheat With Friends as much as you don't like hearing about Cheat With Friends, so the way I see it, we're all even. :|

I think he means using voice comunication, not the game mode itself.
    Anyway, it's unfair, not cheating.

• Boss

@IamFran said:

@PinkEricka said:
    Kamikaze_Rose said:

We don't like Cheat With Friends as much as you don't like hearing about Cheat With Friends, so the way I see it, we're all even. :|

I think he means using voice comunication, not the game mode itself.
    Anyway, it's unfair, not cheating.

Lol, UWF, Unfair With Friends.

• RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270
    Nickenzie said:

@Delfador said:

SWF Changes:

@Nickenzie What would prevent survivors from re-queing into the solo que over and over again until they got into a room with their friends like they did prior to the introduction of the SWF option?
  • Boss

@RWoodrow said:
    Nickenzie said:

DelsKibara said:

@Delfador said:

SWF Changes:

@Nickenzie What would prevent survivors from re-queing into the solo que over and over again until they got into a room with their friends like they did prior to the introduction of the SWF option?

When the game detects frequent lobby dodges with the ping in the yellow or green, it will start punishing them for continuously doing so.

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

It's almost like killers have tools to their disposal to actively avoid SWF if it triggers them so much. Not to mention they have an even easier time doing it now because killer queues are so short while survivor queue times are longer

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Boss said:

@RWoodrow said:
    Nickenzie said:

DelsKibara said:

@Delfador said:

SWF Changes:

When the game detects frequent lobby dodges with the ping in the yellow or green, it will start punishing them for continuously doing so.

Yea but you're totally fine with the killers that dodge for items or being Claudette right? I had someone just tell me yesterday if two toolboxes entered a lobby they were gone lmao the devs have stated SWF was always intended it's the voice communication that's broken, I think it should be like Friday with built in comms where you can talk to your team when you're within a certain meter range but can't when you're far away from them, the killers and survivors can't communicate though because it would make for an extremely more toxic environment than it is now and I don't think it's a good idea
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

@Gorgonia said:

love xx

the solution is an option for matchmaking in SWF only (+25% BP)

I DO like playing against SWF since it is more challenging and they take higher risk

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@IronKnight55 said:

@SenzuDuck said:

I don't agree with this. Even great killers can have problems killing SWF survivors if they know what they are doing (especially in red ranks). I am rank 3 survivor and rank 3 killer. If I get put in a game as killer against a good SWF team then I am lucky to get 1 or maybe 2 kills. The games are just very frustrating at times.

And so what if they "have trouble" killing them? I have trouble killing solo players too, why should killing be a cake walk and surviving be impossible?

you're acting as if working for your kills should be abolished and it should all be handed to you, it's utterly ridiculous.

and you not being able to get one or two kills has nothing to with SWF.

If a survivor runs you the entire game they'd have done that with solo anyway, stop acting as if SWF lets people loop better.

• JohnTed
    JohnTed Member Posts: 56

Sorry, what is SWF???