Broken Game

this game is by far trash. Literally the people who created this game favor the killers can’t even escape most of the time and the killer has most of the advantages what fun does that bring if u can’t even escape easy bloodpoints for the killer and the survivors literally get ######### over so much for a “free” game lmao.. it’s ridiculous at this point how easy it is for the ######### killer to get survivors. Like they’re perks are broken af fohhh they can see us but we can’t see them.. and no i’m not complaining bc i’m trash i’m pretty damn good at the game literally and your servers don’t even ######### get me started. 2019 and trash servers lmao this game is a joke seriously waiting 3full hours for 2 games 

Comments

• Damon22441
    Damon22441 Member Posts: 30

You clearly are 12 and what is this.

1. There are no servers. The game is Peer-to-Peer connection for now, which means your internet or your host's internet (the Killer's) is garbage. The only thing this game does network-wise is try to match you to suitably-ranked hosts, neglecting the connection quality.
    2. The game is unbalanced, yes, but depending on what is brought into the game depends on who it's in favor of. Currently, Survive With Friends groups are favored in most games, while Killers are favored with the strongest, meta perks and a Momento Mori (kill after hook secret offering).
      The devs don't favor any side— just look at the patch notes.
    3. The game isn't free, though with the introduction of the store it should move to the FtP model already.
    4. If you have to state you are "pretty damn good," you probably aren't.

Why don't you try making some friends and playing SWF and constantly squeak positional information with them via Discord or whatever, and see how easy it really is against most killers.

• kmoneyy
    kmoneyy Member Posts: 15

1. There are no servers. The game is Peer-to-Peer connection for now, which means your internet or your host's internet (the Killer's) is garbage. The only thing this game does network-wise is try to match you to suitably-ranked hosts, neglecting the connection quality.
    2. The game is unbalanced, yes, but depending on what is brought into the game depends on who it's in favor of. Currently, Survive With Friends groups are favored in most games, while Killers are favored with the strongest, meta perks and a Momento Mori (kill after hook secret offering).
    3. The game isn't free, though with the introduction of the store it should move to the FtP model already.

Why don't you try making some friends and playing SWF and constantly squeak positional information with them via Discord or whatever, and see how easy it really is against most killers.

kmoneyy said:
    this game is by far trash. Literally the people who created this game favor the killers can’t even escape most of the time and the killer has most of the advantages what fun does that bring if u can’t even escape easy bloodpoints for the killer and the survivors literally get [BAD WORD] over so much for a “free” game lmao.. it’s ridiculous at this point how easy it is for the [BAD WORD] killer to get survivors. Like they’re perks are broken af fohhh they can see us but we can’t see them.. and no i’m not complaining bc i’m trash i’m pretty damn good at the game literally and your servers don’t even [BAD WORD] get me started. 2019 and trash servers lmao this game is a joke seriously waiting 3full hours for 2 games 

• kmoneyy
    No there’s killers out there almost everyone plays killer foh.. u know nothing u simp.. my attitude has nothing to do with this game 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited February 2019

Killer queues are instantaneous whereas survivor queues are long and painful, which would indicate that there are too many survivors for not enough killers.

Post edited by Orion on
  • CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

nobody is playing killer right now due to the event and unbalance. Devs do not act on swf, killers slowly quit.

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

Had to go to Urban Dictionary to get hip enough to make sense of this.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@kmoneyy said:
    this game is by far trash. Literally the people who created this game favor the killers can’t even escape most of the time and the killer has most of the advantages what fun does that bring if u can’t even escape easy bloodpoints for the killer and the survivors literally get [BAD WORD] over so much for a “free” game lmao.. it’s ridiculous at this point how easy it is for the [BAD WORD] killer to get survivors. Like they’re perks are broken af fohhh they can see us but we can’t see them.. and no i’m not complaining bc i’m trash i’m pretty damn good at the game literally and your servers don’t even [BAD WORD] get me started. 2019 and trash servers lmao this game is a joke seriously waiting 3full hours for 2 games 

You clearly are new to the game, I will forgive you your naivety

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Orion said:
    Killer queues are instantaneous whereas survivor queues are long and painful, which would indicate that there are too many survivors for not enough killers.

@CrowFoxy said:
    nobody is playing killer right now due to the event and unbalance. Devs do not act on swf, killers slowly quit.

I really hope that killers continue this trend after the event such taht the devs finally have to take action

• Navydivea
    Navydivea Member Posts: 114

It's SUPPOSED to favor the killer as it's the power roll. It doesn't, not even close.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Navydivea said:
    It's SUPPOSED to favor the killer as it's the power roll. It doesn't, not even close.

Nah, it should not favor killers, it should be balanced. That's all I'm asking for.

@Master said:

@Orion said:

@CrowFoxy said:

I really hope that killers continue this trend after the event such taht the devs finally have to take action

A couple weeks ago, lots of players still thought the matchmaking was buggy, now they realize that there aren't enough killers and that something has to change. That was the first step.

That the devs increased event points for killers (whereas only slightly) is a sign that they are watching the situation. They will have to make more changes besides the event to solve the problem and I'm hopeful that they are going to do that. In the end, they tend to listen to the community, it often just takes quite long.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

@NoShinyPony said:

@Navydivea said:

Nah, it should not favor killers, it should be balanced. That's all I'm asking for.

@Master said:

@Orion said:

@CrowFoxy said:

A couple weeks ago, lots of players still thought the matchmaking was buggy, now they realize that there aren't enough killers and that something has to change. That was the first step.

That the devs increased event points for killers (whereas only slightly) is a sign that they are watching the situation. They will have to make more changes besides the event to solve the problem and I'm hopeful that they are going to do that. In the end, they tend to listen to the community, it often just takes quite long.

They increased it by 1 which is laughable and will change nothing.

The mechanics for killers are just silly, you don't have time to go looking for lanterns for only 4 points and you can't use the same hook twice if you want points which have no colour auras so you have to memorise which ones you have used.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    What do you mesn killers can see you but you can't see them?

BBQ? Bitter murmer? Nurses?

Try Alert or dark sense and you can see the killers aura. Plus things like spine chill give you a heads up when they're looking in your direction.
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@GraviteaUK said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@Navydivea said:

@Master said:

@Orion said:

@CrowFoxy said:

You are correct, it's not a big difference and it is probably not going to change much for this event.

However, the fact that the devs listened to the community and started to make changes instead of ignoring the players - that counts as well.

• Orion

@NoShinyPony said:

@GraviteaUK said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@Navydivea said:

@Master said:

@Orion said:

@CrowFoxy said:

You are correct, it's not a big difference and it is probably not going to change much for this event.

However, the fact that the devs listened to the community and started to make changes instead of ignoring the players - that counts as well.

If they increased it too much, it'd defeat the point of the event.

• e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189
    edited February 2019

And queue all the Killer fanboys desperately trying to lie, mis-direct and smoke screen as the curtain is pulled away and the Wizard of Oz is laid bare for the fraud he is.

Oh look, how convenient. Here before us is a meme that explains everything in full techni-colour historical accuracy!

lawl. ^The denial is real.

p.s: please remove Freddy's Cataracts. ty

Post edited by e8Lattice on
  • Orion

@e8Lattice said:
    And queue all the Killer fanboys desperately trying to lie, mis-direct and smoke screen as the curtain is pulled away and the Wizard of Oz is laid bare for the fraud he is.

lawl. The denial is real.

p.s: please remove Freddy's Cataracts. ty

Reality doesn't go away just because you deny it. Killers are the ones leaving the game out of frustration; not survivors. In fact, toxic survivors are the primary reason why people on both sides leave the game. However, a single killer quitting is four times as impactful as a single survivor quitting. That's why survivor queues have been steadily increasing for a while now. The event was just the final straw.

PS: It's "cue". Queue is something completely different.

• kmoneyy

Had to go to Urban Dictionary to get hip enough to make sense of this.

• kmoneyy
    But u clearly understood it lol 
  • kmoneyy
    Master said:

@kmoneyy said:

You clearly are new to the game, I will forgive you your naivety

• kmoneyy
    for those who play killers and wanna troll your not 
    good w/o perks and that’s that I’ve made killers that are rank 1 quit and I was a level 1 David King lol 
  • Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    Then why are you posting on a forum? 
    You clearly didn’t make it to rank one if you have no knowledge on how the game working. You’re just spewing nonsense.
  • Mr_Myers
    Mr_Myers Member Posts: 422

@Watery said:
    Then why are you posting on a forum? 
    You clearly didn’t make it to rank one if you have no knowledge on how the game working. You’re just spewing nonsense.

Well they got banned, you did the forums a service

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Level 1 David King. 
  • shyguyy
    shyguyy Member Posts: 298

@Damon22441 said:

Most of the time it is still pretty easy as long as you have some sort of situational awareness tbh.

• FangGreyfur
    FangGreyfur Member Posts: 25

@kmoneyy said:

as pointed out to you earlier
    1. We have no servers until THIS SUMMER, it's peer to peer
    2. This is an ASYMMETRICAL MULTIPLAYER, do you know what Asymmetrical means? it means that there are roles, for example, the Killer is supposed to have the power role... that's how the game is supposed to work, but the game is so horribly balanced right now that the survivors screw up the killers ten ways to sunday, as long as they don't do stupid mistakes, this game require a LOT of split second decision making and to have a plan in motion, if you are going survivor.... and you die a lot, it's cause you're making mistakes the killers benefit from! (Not covering your scratch marks, Fast vaulting, failing skill checks.
    3. If you are so good at this game... then you should already KNOW how to play it. honestly, I think you're not as good as you think you are at this game... no one is, hence why the metas exist cause both sides need a crutch.
    4. I'd recommend that you check out some DBD youtubers and learn from them instead of watching fortnite.
    5. yes, the F2P model WOULD work for this..... however...... they'd have to charge extra for the DLC killers and survivors (more than they do already, sure.... 7 bucks isn't much, but if the game was free, they'd need to buff that to be able to pay their staff and keep the future servers up and running etc).

In conclusion: this game isn't perfect, but they have been working on it, it's at it's best right now. No they don't have a single bias for either side. cause if they did..... then there would be more actual complaining from the fanbase, right now, it's just the basic complaining about games being done too fast, pallet looping and other things. But that's why the stupid Meta exists, cause the fanbase can't find actual faults in the game to bring up to the devs and would rather complain about that some perks are op yet look the other way when their perks are op (Survivor mains with Decisive Strike, Killer Mains with BBQ and Chili).

Also... 3 full hours to wait for a game? dude, that's exaggeration, try playing when others play..... or check your internet speed..... odds are your speed isn't the best.... I have Fiber and pretty much get into matches with a lobby time of..... 10 minutes maybe as survivor and 15-30 minutes as a killer (mostly cause the killers need to open the lobby)

• e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189

@Orion said:
    The reason why your queues are long is because very few people play killer now. Each killer that stops playing is another 4 survivors who can't get a lobby. Your attitude makes you part of the problem.

I dunno I have problems getting matches as Killer, wait 10 minutes, give up and go survivor and instantly get a match. go figure.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    kmoneyy said:
    No there’s killers out there almost everyone plays killer foh.. u know nothing u simp.. my attitude has nothing to do with this game 
    Hello @Radiant, nice bait thread. :)

This game is far from trash and to be honest, it's a lot better than what it use to be! Please stop exaggerating the problem, it doesn't help solve anything and if anything, you should be providing criticism.
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i'm just gonna leave that here...