Legion Sidegrade

NuclearBurrito2
NuclearBurrito2 Member Posts: 262
edited February 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

So we know buffing the Legion will make him OP AF. And we know that nerfing him will make him trash. So why not do both?

Please do not comment until you have read the whole thing

Buffs

• Deep Wound now counts down during a chase (solves moonwalking by making it redundant and makes Frenzy more useful for actually downing)
  • Feral Frenzy now lasts much longer. Still takes as long as current to recharge from empty to full (to allow proper map coverage with it and to counterbalance some other changes)
  • Feral Frenzy hits on Deep Wounded targets drains the bar by 40% (Makes downing with Frenzy more practical)
  • Normal hits no longer deplete Feral Frenzy (so M1 hits are viable when applicable)

Nerfs

• Deep wound lasts 40 seconds without addons
  • Applying Deep wound only reveals survivors for 5 seconds (so they have a chance to run if they are at the edge of the terror radius)
  • Activating Feral Frenzy will cause the Legion to stop moving and do a roar animation where he looks straight up and shouts for about half a second. The survivors can hear this easily from at least within his terror radius (Gives the survivor a chance to break line of sight and adds risk to using the ability)
  • Without addons you cannot activate Feral Frenzy until it is fully charged (Compounds the risk and makes it less about tunneling as you want to get the most out of each frenzy)
  • You can no longer see blood during Feral Frenzy (so you can still get away when frenzy is activated while you are injured)
  • Applying Deep wound fills Feral Frenzy less (maybe like 5-10 seconds instead of instant fill)

Franks mixtape can instead make it so that Mending won't stop Deep Wounds applied by Frenzy from downing you.

This means that Deep Wounds can be used as a tool for limiting how long a chase can last by putting real pressure on the survivor being chased. You can actually get around because of the extended duration. But at the same time it gives the ability actual risk and counterplay if used improperly.

Post edited by NuclearBurrito2 on

Comments

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Not bad ideas. I wouldn't change the heartbeat reveal to an aura though, I would leave it as it is. DW timer should be 45 seconds to keep it even (if a hit removes 15 that is).

However I would like to point out that DW isn't exclusive to Legion, as it can happen with BT as well. They would need to buff BT again otherwise it would be easy to chase the BT guy until they bleed out. Also they should prioritize Mending over Snap Out. Right now Doc can put you into madness 3 and gets a free easy counter to BT.

• NuclearBurrito2
    NuclearBurrito2 Member Posts: 262
    edited February 2019

@thesuicidefox said:
    Not bad ideas. I wouldn't change the heartbeat reveal to an aura though, I would leave it as it is. DW timer should be 45 seconds to keep it even (if a hit removes 15 that is).

However I would like to point out that DW isn't exclusive to Legion, as it can happen with BT as well. They would need to buff BT again otherwise it would be easy to chase the BT guy until they bleed out. Also they should prioritize Mending over Snap Out. Right now Doc can put you into madness 3 and gets a free easy counter to BT.

Thx for the feedback. I'll fix everything