The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dead By Daylight confirmed for Nintendo Switch

TAG
TAG Member Posts: 12,871
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

Just revealed on the Nintendo Direct today.

I love how the segment for it went way out of its way to avoid showing any violence whatsoever. :P

EDIT: Adding video of the segment for whoever is curious about it. Nothing interesting in it, but eh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq6vaYx84eM

Comments

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

I saw it.
    And im not happy about it.
    But i dont care.
    I play on PC.
    I grind on PC.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I can't hear you OVER ALL THIS MARK MAKER 2 AWESOMENESS.

• TAG

@thesuicidefox said:
    I can't hear you OVER ALL THIS MARK MAKER 2 AWESOMENESS.

I prefer Hotel Mark myself.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Aaaand yup it's real

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

HAHAHAHA

Good luck having even worse performance than consoles

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Master said:

HAHAHAHA

Yup, exactly what I said
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    edited February 2019

Waiting for DBD on Android

Plus battle royale mode, obviously

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Master said:

HAHAHAHA

I swear to God if it comes out and has better frames and plays better overall then ps4 and xbox imma be pizzed! 
  • FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965

i hope as long as sony isn't a bum about it. Can't wait to see next roadmap cause hoping cross progression and cross play is part of it.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@FayeZahara said:
    i hope as long as sony isn't a bum about it. Can't wait to see next roadmap cause hoping cross progression and cross play is part of it.

Crossplay and cross progression aren't a valid option because of one, simple aspect - Bill. Bill is an exclusive for Steam, so other platforms can't get him.

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

I'm hype because I can play instead of doing my job with this release, but then I'm already crying inside because I don't even want to think about grinding up characters/perks for a THIRD time. :cry:

Please make the grind at least a little faster by then, I will bake you cookies devs... I'll even make sure to put chocolate chips instead of raisins in the oatmeal ones,

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Nintendo 64 port when?
  • Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

No matter how much people will piss and moan about fps etc... expanding into a new market is a good thing for everyone who plays the game.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Nintendo 64 port when?
    And for GB when? This one in particular.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Vietfox said:
    Nintendo 64 port when?
    And for GB when? This one in particular.

And the OG Wii pls!
  • FayeZahara

@RSB said:

@FayeZahara said:

Crossplay and cross progression aren't a valid option because of one, simple aspect - Bill. Bill is an exclusive for Steam, so other platforms can't get him.

So that extra content has nothing to do with progression and cross play. Plus if that was a necessity to have bill sure they could work something out. Not like he hasn't been put on other consoles before in his own games. His face on perks is allowed on other consoles too. He is just incentive really to play on the pc version tis all.

• TAG

@RSB said:

@FayeZahara said:

So that extra content has nothing to do with progression and cross play. Plus if that was a necessity to have bill sure they could work something out. Not like he hasn't been put on other consoles before in his own games. His face on perks is allowed on other consoles too. He is just incentive really to play on the pc version tis all.

His face was edited out of the console perks, FWIW.
  • BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@FayeZahara said:

@RSB said:

@FayeZahara said:

They could just do what rocket league does. Have Bill appear as dwight to people on other platforms.

They don't let PS4 players see the Mario or Halo cars they just replace with defaults on one end.

• FayeZahara

@TAG said:
    FayeZahara said:

@RSB said:

@FayeZahara said:

oh see his hat gone missed that

• FayeZahara

@FayeZahara said:

@TAG said:
    FayeZahara said:

@RSB said:

@FayeZahara said:

oh see his hat gone missed that

still looks like bill with no hat xD

• FayeZahara

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@FayeZahara said:

@RSB said:

@FayeZahara said:

They could just do what rocket league does. Have Bill appear as dwight to people on other platforms.

They don't let PS4 players see the Mario or Halo cars they just replace with defaults on one end.

really so exclusive skins won't be a problem. That is a cool trick

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839

They better be finish with optimization by then or else the game will run terrible on the Switch.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

You really sure about this, BHVR?

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839

@Boss said:

Yep. Optimization and dedicated servers must be ready before this port releases. Anything else and this will be a public disaster for them.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

Its not even optimized on PS4 and Xbox one yet...so port it too the weakest console?

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Do you know what the sad thing is? They skipped the recourses and time for the optimisation patch we were waiting for so long just to appeal a minor community (yes, switch community is the smallest), a community which probably isn't interested in a game like DbD... Thats sad, we the guys who supported BHVR for so long should have gotten the optimisation patch first before even thinking about porting it another platform. That's just my opinion .
  • sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

The switch is the weakest console and it runs badly on the other two stronger consoles so that's not saying much for it going to switch.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    edited February 2019

@sorrowen said:
    Its not even optimized on PS4 and Xbox one yet...so port it too the weakest console?

PS4 and Xbox should be optimized before Fall. They've promised FPS improvements for all platforms this year.

They have 8 months until Fall. For all we know DbD could be 60 fps on ps4/xbox then.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

@sorrowen said:

PS4 and Xbox should be optimized before Fall. They've promised FPS improvements for all platforms this year.

They have 8 months until Fall.

8 months can go fast. Depends on what they are planning. If they keep pushing new content I can't see that happening, it would be to much stress for the devs. 
  • Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Portable DbD sounds like good news to me.

That being said, I don’t think they would port to switch before fixing the current issues there are. They could be working on everything?
  • Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828
    Bruh. Why. We need cross-platform that’s more better.

It can do what Fortnite does; if you play with someone on PC or Xbox you play with everyone which is a mix of everything; Xbox, PS4, and PC.
  • BBQnDemogorgon
    edited February 2019

@Gamzello said:

It can do what Fortnite does; if you play with someone on PC or Xbox you play with everyone which is a mix of everything; Xbox, PS4, and PC.

Shouldn't they do Switch before doing that though? Now there will be even more players by adding another platform.

The game should be everywhere before cross play.

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828
    edited February 2019

@Gamzello said:

Shouldn't they do Switch before doing that though? Now there will be even more players by adding another platform.

The game should be everywhere before cross play.

Oh man. DBD is super buggy I hope it won’t scare away the Switch players like actually. :^((

Edit: But yeah I guess that does make sense!
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited February 2019

Now that I'm going to definitely get a Switch by the summer for Mario Maker 2, Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Metroid Prime, and Smash I've decided I'm going to also pick up DBD but I'm going use it to play for fun at low ranks and act as a training grounds for new players.

For killer I'm gonna play Nurse with Shadowborn, Distressing, TOTH, and Deerstalker, but I won't ever kill anyone (unless it's obvious they are a deranking bully). I'll just play to make the game spoopy and do stuff to help survivors learn the ropes while farming BP with Distressing/TOTH. Deerstalker is there so that I can slug people and find them to drop reset them if no one ever goes to help them. I'll only take hooks if I can be sure the person will get saved.

EDIT: Might also play Billy with the same build just because Nurse isn't a "normal" killer so it might turn out survivors don't really learn how to get chased the same way. But instead of Shadowborn I'm gonna use Whispers.

For survivor I'll play David with No Mither, WGLF (for BP), Kindred, and DH (so adept David with Kindred). The plan here would be to act like a leader for the team and help them learn the game but also be a free meal for the killer by the end of the game. I can easily take aggro from a baby killer and make them chase me a lot to get them to learn loops and stuff, but I won't ever escape. Having NM makes me easier to catch if they ever legit get a hit on me, and also means I can self revive if my team never comes to help. Kindred to counter potential campers but mostly to help the team coordinate and such. DH in case I get a deranking killer or something.

Post edited by thesuicidefox on
  • NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    If you thought watching your console blow up was fun, wait till you see what it will do to your switch! 😂😂😂 Yeah good luck with that. Hope it works out for ya. 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    When I think about the Switch, I think about Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong or even Splatoon. 
    All family friendly games.
    Dead by Daylight doesn't fit in.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Okapi said:

@Boss said:

Yep. Optimization and dedicated servers must be ready before this port releases. Anything else and this will be a public disaster for them.

My thoughts exactly.

• punkpoet13
    punkpoet13 Member Posts: 3
    I'm hype for it. I only get to play DbD when I visit my family, so having it on my switch is something I've longed for.
  • Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

@RSB said:
    Waiting for DBD on Android

DbD is already on mobile devices, in a more cartoonish version. It’s called Identity V.

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

@Tsulan said:
    When I think about the Switch, I think about Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong or even Splatoon. 
    All family friendly games.
    Dead by Daylight doesn't fit in.

And yet doom, dark souls, skyrim, wolfenstine, outlast 1/2 and even Resident evil revelations 1 and 2, and streaming re7 (but only in japan) is possible?
    not to mention bayonetta is licensed through nintendo now so....
    dead by daylight fits in perfectly.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

They remind me of Overkill, releasing rushed console version of their game that they never update and that run like ass even tho they promise that they will fix everything in time.

Baffles me that devs prefer making multiple ports of their games instead of using that money to fix the current game BEFORE porting it.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

@Plu said:
    They remind me of Overkill, releasing rushed console version of their game that they never update and that run like ass even tho they promise that they will fix everything in time.

Baffles me that devs prefer making multiple ports of their games instead of using that money to fix the current game BEFORE porting it.

I would say fall 2019 isn't rushed. Besides people were asking for a Switch version quite a while and they are working on general optimization of the game righ now. We just have to wait and see.