The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Camping and tunneling

Bossgirl774
Bossgirl774 Member Posts: 21
edited February 2019 in General Discussions
Im about to quit dbd again because of the freaking camping ect. Its annoying how they rub it in your face too. wow devs nice job on making to were the killers are too OP too.... and they 
Post edited by Bossgirl774 on

Comments

• Bossgirl774
    Blueberry said:

The game isn't even remotely killer sided. Complaining about camping shows a misunderstanding of the game fundamentally. This is simply a lack of experience. You need to practice and get better at the game.

I've played dbd for almost 2 years im lvl 50 pres 3 so max its not because im bad its because you or your friends are always gonna get caught and its annoy if you cant save them which saving them is part of the game.

• Bossgirl774
    edited February 2019
    Also i've tried playing killer its boring to me i play nurse if anything and GAMES NEED TO BE BALANCED its not A fun game when im staring at a killer and hearing them breath in my ear for the whole game... I dont need advice to be killer i need advice on how to wreck campers.. i would moon walk but im atill working on it
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Im about to quit dbd again because of the freaking camping ect. Its annoying how they rub it in your face too. wow devs nice job on making to were the killers are too OP too.... and they 
    Just play killer then, after some time you will realize who the powerrole actually is 
  • Bossgirl774
    Master said:
    Just play killer then, after some time you will realize who the powerrole actually is 
    Read the comments i think being killer is boring i like being chased
  • CaptainXym
    CaptainXym Member Posts: 86

The best way to deal with camping killers is to not get caught, and don't let it get to you. If you know how much it bothers you, thats just feeding them. Alternately, if you aren't the one being camped, rush those gens! They won't camp once they aren't getting good returns from it. If you try to go for the camped survivor, they just get more points, and are more likely to pip.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Always happy to be of service.

• TJE24
    TJE24 Member Posts: 6
    camping is a huge issue I agree. i play as a killer and a survivor i never need to camp, honestly killers are easier than survivors.
  • thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    On the subject has anyone else noticed a huge surge in camping lately? 
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Run kindred so your team knows you’re being camped

• GrootDude

@Mister_Holdout said:
    Always happy to be of service.

Thank you for camping me good sir. :D

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

Why do you like being chased? Because it's scary or thrilling? The only reason I play survivor is to recover from the hard af red rank killer matches with a good power role. I don't know if I could find chasing fun considering it's the same jungle gym pattern, the same killer shack movement etc etc. Behaviour definitely needs more diversity.

• GrootDude

@MineAntoiya chases are the funnest part for me and every chase helps me improve my survivor gameplay.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

I guess my chasing ability has sort of leveled out then. I don't think I gain much from being in a chase. I definitely gain much more from watching experienced players explain the loops, where to look, what to do when than from even playing the game lol

• e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189
    edited February 2019

Face Camping and Tunneling are terms made up to describe the huge power imbalance heavily leaning towards Killers.

Killers are left feeling like they shouldn't guard their freshly hooked body because it doesn't allow Survivors a fair chance to perform their rescue role.

• Punishment for Face Camping is other Survivors working on Gens and escaping = De-Pip for Killer

Killers are left feeling like they shouldn't chase down the Survivor who was just rescued from the hook (Tunneling) because it doesn't allow the Survivor who just escaped a fair chance at resuming their game.

• Punishment for Tunneling is other Survivors working on Gens and escaping = De-Pip for Killer.

However, neurologically defective psychopaths physically don't have the part of the brain that creates or has the capacity to understand what empathy is so the only incentive for them not to Tunnel or Face Camp, the only question they must ask themselves:

"is the enjoyment gained by causing misery to Survivors by Face Camping / Tunneling more important than putting pressure on the rest of the Survivors so they don't run gens while Face Camping / Tunneling and power the exit gates to leave causing Killer to De-Pip"

Post edited by e8Lattice on
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

dude...
    camping and tunneling has been nerfed so many times now that i actually lost count.
    its a strategy killers use to win, so use the counters and make them lose when they do camp / tunnel.
    thats how easy it is...

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    e8Lattice said:

"is the enjoyment gained by causing misery to Survivors by Face Camping / Tunneling more important than putting pressure on the rest of the Survivors so they don't run gens while Face Camping / Tunneling and power the exit gates to leave causing Killer to De-Pip"

Yes! Yes, it is. Absolutely. Everytime  :)
  • Bossgirl774

Peoples tunneling is not strategy it just being bad go for fresh meat instead of one that was sitting on the hook all day I mean atleast dont tunnel off hook its far from strats and your gonna get banned ive goten atleast 7 killers banned from gameplay in one month yet it doesnt fix the problem am and here they are buffing killers even more because they complain about hit box BOI DEVS WANNA MAKE IT WHERE YOU CAN HIT SOMEONE ACROSS MAP

• Bossgirl774

No its called abusing game mechs and they got reported for camping the hook and tunneling so yes it is bannable

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

That is new to me. I will still facecamp toxic survivors tho.

• Bossgirl774
  • Bossgirl774

Thats a lie it game mechs abuse if they didnt care why would they try to fix it...

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

Better not make killer mad I guess.

• Bossgirl774

i need new friends they told me it was bannable also i do belive pallet looping is bannable and your thinking of window looping

• GrootDude

@Bossgirl774 I was stating looping in general, pallet looping isn’t bannable. By chance are you new? (Not trying to be rude)

• Bossgirl774
    edited March 2019

srry my phone whent whack and made me post dat anyway no im not new i just should have been more specific anyway i wont be messaging for awhile because my phone is bout to die

• scojer
    scojer Member Posts: 38

When I play as killer, I don't camp. Even if it's a toxic survivor. Though, if I hook a toxic survivor, I'll give them 3-5 whacks. If they disconnect, I laugh to myself because they thought I'd camp them. If they're still there, I'll continue hunting my next victim.

If I'm a survivor and I get hooked by a camping killer, I'll hang on as long as I can and hope the others fix a few gens. I'm a solo player though, so often they'll try to save me and I can't tell them not too.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Sorry but that's the role of the killer, tunneling isn't bad, camping is just boring, not fun at all, if you can't take the heat, don't play.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

I hope you're ready for the new camping/slugging meta with the new DS :D

• Incirion
    Incirion Member Posts: 612

Yep, my new main is Freddy with monitor, sloppy, nurses, and 3rd seal. Slug all day with freddy.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

This is not a movie.

This is a game = fun, im not gonna pay 20$ for get mad for a little kid.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

He will obviously get destroyed, it's like a killer main who has NEVER played survivor switch to survivor main, he's obviously gonna get destroyed.

So no

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I hate this things too though. If everyone would play like me then the community would be amazing lol

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Agreed. People seem to take dbd like serious business. It's a freaking game. It's supposed to be "fair fun" for BOTH sides. You are NOT a killer. You are a person playing a damn video game. If you feel like you have to dominate other people in a game you might wanna see a doctor. Like seriously... Dbd is *unplayable* for "normal" people right now.

Every killer facecamps nodding his head or tunnels right off the hook. If you win fair and square without camping and tunneling - fine. But no normal person will waste their spare time pleasing some psycho kid online who camps/tunnels at 5 gens with active ruin.

My friend wanted to try dbd today. She played 5 games.

1st game: Facecamper nodding his head till she was dead (Hillbilly)

2nd game: Wraith who waited behind the hook cloaked. Tunneled her right off the hook.

3rd game: Pig who waited for the unhook crouching behind a rock.

4th game: Hag who put virtually every trap around the hook AND never left the hook.

5th game: Trapper who trapped the hook and never left as well.

BEhaviour wants dbd to go for another 5 years? Not a chance. People may come and go every now and then but most active players are bored already and most normal people who play multiple online games think dbd is trash so how is dbd supposed to go for 5 years?

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

Killers tunnel because it is effective unless certain perks like Borrowed Time or the new Decisive Strike are in play, but since the killer doesn't know they're in play until they've already committed to tunneling that survivor, it rarely changes their behaviour.

Killers camp because they know the scoring and ranking system puts massive emphasis on unhooks, forcing survivors to try to unhook even when the sane thing to do is rush the generators and get out. This also synergizes well with tunneling.

The survivor's grinding perk, We're Gonna Live Forever, is built around mindlessly hookfarming your teammates. It doesn't care if the unhook is safe, and while it claims to give you a token if you take a hit for a teammate, the only times it seems to work is when you bodyblock a killer on the way to the hook, forcing him to hit you and thus usually doing more damage to your team than anything else, or just unhooking right in front of the killer and then taking a hit or two afterwards. Actually taking a hit for a survivor in a chase doesn't seem to do anything.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

That's not true. Tunneling is NOT effective as it generates 0% map pressure. It works, but it isn't effective.

Scenario against optimal survivors:

3 survivors will rush gens while the 4th survivor gets tunneled. Tunneling an optimal survivor to death takes several minutes which is enough for optimal survivors to finish at least MOST of the gens and sometimes even all gens so you basically lost already.

I had one of those games against a camping/off the hook tunneling Freddy with an endgame build:

Remember me, NOED, Ruin, BBQ

He tunneled a good player all game so I rushed the gens with the others (4 solo players btw). Guess what: We finished all gens AND opened the gate. That's when he finally managed to tunnel his obsession to death.

I also noticed the killer was streaming so I was able to watch the game from his pov and he was actually expecting to win that way judging by how upset he was when he came to the gate seeing all the tbagging survivors.

Result: It only works against non-optimal survivors.

And if the players are not optimal you can win the fair way anyways so why camp/tunnel? It makes no sense.

• Incirion
    Incirion Member Posts: 612

WGLF requires you to be like... 2 meters from an injured survivor when you get hit to get the stack. You ALSO get stacks for saving people from bear traps! (I learned this recently.) But yes, basically everything you've said here is accurate. If i see someone injured, and know they were recently unhooked, I'm not going to just ignore them because i know they were just unhooked, I'm still going to kill them, because they have bad luck, and I found them again. That's not tunneling. That's bad luck for you. Get over it.

This discussion has been closed.