https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/472588/future-of-dead-by-daylight-forums
[KILLER PERK CONCEPT] Ruination — A Perk That Gradually Destroys Pallets
Hello everyone!
I came up with a Killer perk concept called Ruination.
The main idea is to gradually reduce the number of available Pallets throughout the Trial. However, there is a drawback: the more Pallets Ruination destroys, the longer the Killer is stunned by Pallets.
This is meant to create a risk/reward mechanic rather than simply giving the Killer a free advantage.
Ruination
"When the walls fall, fear becomes the only shelter."
At the beginning of the Trial, Ruination starts a 60-second countdown.
After 60 seconds, a random unused Pallet is destroyed.
Every 60 seconds thereafter, another random unused Pallet is destroyed, up to the maximum allowed by the Perk's Tier.
For every Pallet destroyed by Ruination, the duration of the Killer's pallet stun is increased by 5%.
Tier I
- Maximum of 1 Pallet destroyed.
- Up to +5% pallet stun duration.
Tier II
- Maximum of 3 Pallets destroyed.
- Up to +15% pallet stun duration.
Tier III
- Maximum of 5 Pallets destroyed.
- Up to +25% pallet stun duration.
⏱️ Example — Tier III
Start of the Trial:
No effect yet.
1:00 → 1 Pallet is destroyed → +5% pallet stun duration
2:00 → 2nd Pallet is destroyed → +10% pallet stun duration
3:00 → 3rd Pallet is destroyed → +15% pallet stun duration
4:00 → 4th Pallet is destroyed → +20% pallet stun duration
5:00 → 5th Pallet is destroyed → +25% pallet stun duration
After the fifth Pallet is destroyed, Ruination stops activating.
Ruination cannot destroy Pallets that have already been dropped or broken.
Why the drawback?
I don't want Ruination to simply remove Pallets without any downside.
The idea is that the Killer gradually gets fewer Pallets to deal with, but in exchange, getting stunned by a Pallet becomes increasingly punishing.
This creates a choice for the Killer:
The longer the Trial goes on, the fewer Pallets Survivors have available — but every pallet stun becomes more costly for the Killer.
I'm interested in hearing what you think about the balance of this perk.
Would you use Ruination in a Killer build? What would you change about it?
Thanks for reading my concept!
I hope you like the idea, and I'd love to hear your feedback and suggestions.
See you in the Fog! 👋
— savg