Announcement regarding the future of the Dead by Daylight Forums:
https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/472588/future-of-dead-by-daylight-forums

Fix 2B skin

I'm glad they're legendaries instead of just cosplays and 2A looks fine, but 2B looks botched, her propostions and face… it's really off, please fix it

Screenshot_11.png


Screenshot_15.png

Comments

  • Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 4,382

    Yeah her hair is too short I feel

  • Zakon05
    Zakon05 Member Posts: 613

    Her proportions are a bit odd because they're trying to fit her onto the DBD female survivor frame, 2B has kind of a tall and slender build with very long legs.

    Face-wise though I think this is about as close as we're gonna get it.

    image.png

    It's not 1:1 but people be talking like she's the new Richter. Her nose and chin are a little wider and her hair isn't quite right, but she still looks like who she's supposed to look like. There aren't really any characters in this game who look exactly like their source material.

  • TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,974
    edited October 7

    I played for a while today and only saw her once, meanwhile whenever a new Sable cosmetic releases I see it tons even while it's Auric Cells only, so I'm left thinking a lot of people are unhappy with how 2B looks and/or that she's a Feng Min skin. I normally love 2B's design, but I can say with certainty BHVR's implementation of this skin has saved me money. She's frumpy rather than sleek, and while I understand BHVR is trying to apply a stylized design to a realistic body, I simply don't like how it looks—which is all that matters with a cosmetic—and so I won't buy it.

    If they want more people to purchase it, they'll try to fix it. But maybe my experience is different from the norm and 2B's actually selling at a high rate, in which case people have voted with their wallets and BHVR will likely leave her as is.

  • VII
    VII Member Posts: 34

    I’m genuinely willing to drop a fat £20-£30 to purchase both skins if they would just make her closer in line to 2B from the games (longer hair, sleeker face and body) and also add heel footstep sounds for the both of them (like Ada’s).

  • Chrarcq
    Chrarcq Member Posts: 248

    I've seen like thrice more A2s than 2Bs tonight. Kind of embarrassing for BHVR (yet again), honestly.

  • ShanoaLegendaryPlz
    ShanoaLegendaryPlz Member Posts: 2,638
    edited October 7

    I've been the only 2B I saw out there lol. My guess is this is as good as they can make it until the graphics rework. Because Richter was an atrocity and the whole community yelled about it, they still haven't fixed it and are likely just waiting for the graphics rework to touch up everyone they did wrong. Unless its something like Terrifier where i heard somewhere on instagram that bhvr gave them a formal appology for showing an unfinnished buggy model of Art the clown and are fixing it to look better supposedly.

    I like this 2B skin anyway for some reason (probably because i've seen 2 of my favorite characters get butchered into a cosplays where id still prefer even a bad legendary). So i've been playing as her a lot. Even when my Feng Min has been starved of items and offerings for years lol. Hoping she does get fixed tho, my guess is during the graphics rework unless theres a huge outcry (but that didn't work for Richter either)

  • chemha
    chemha Member Posts: 2

    I dont know why they wouldn't use A2 model as a base for 2B. It looks way better

  • Mag1cian
    Mag1cian Member Posts: 237

    Her proportions and face are very off, looks awful tbh, I'd even say one of the worst skins they made
    That's really unfortunate that after 10y DBD still making such bad models that looks low quiality and nothing like characters, streching her proportions into default survivor skeleton is not a way to go for 15$ legendary cosmetic.
    There's many other collabs that did her justice. And yes there are characters who look exactly or very close to source material: Lara, Sheva, Alan Wake, Michonne, Carlos,

  • QuietRezo
    QuietRezo Member Posts: 4

    A2 does look better proportions-wise, and should be the same since they're supposed to be from the same base.

    A note about the hair length: I saw the trailer earlier and noticed her hair apparently IS there at the right length, but it clips into her head and ornament, making it look shorter.

    (The volume and scale do need some tweaks, though)

  • ShanoaLegendaryPlz
    ShanoaLegendaryPlz Member Posts: 2,638
    edited October 10

    I'll also mention that her screams/grunts va has had a noticeable increase in pitch as if it were at 8-9 on a slider of 1-10. To a point where it sounds extremely similar to this :

    Perhaps the pitch can be turned down.

  • DeadManWalking
    DeadManWalking Member Posts: 11

    Great news! I feel the arms also stick out a little too much

  • Bunshinzada
    Bunshinzada Member Posts: 2

    Either than the face, 2B has a more slender build with longer legs, a good way to fix this is making her skirt shorter which would give the illusion of longer legs, and make her shoulders and waist smaller

  • Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 4,382

    Hopefully we get this kind of treatment for Cheryl Mason, Cybil, Richter and all the resident evil cast etc with the graphic update (WHERE ARE ADA's HEELS LOL)

    Richter especilaly was upsetting you all from what it seemed ignored the feedback for him, and I feel all the skins would sell more and you'd have a better reputation for outfits if you had all these icons look closer to themselves.

    Also where's Harry Mason :sob:

  • high_flyers77
    high_flyers77 Member Posts: 11

    Will you adjust A2 skin to have a matching face with 2B still? In lore the characters are supposed to have identical faces so I hope 2B doesn’t get an adjusted face that makes her not match with A2’s