Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Can the devs please remove the ability to see killer perks until after the trial ends.

SadonicShadow
SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
edited June 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

This is an issue that has been around for a long time and i dont understand why it has not yet been addressed. If a survivor is SWF and they die they're able to communicate to their friend the perks the killer is running. I think this is absolutely ridiculous. For perks like ruin, enduring, brutal strength, etc the knowledge of its existence makes little difference because it becomes clear early in the trial that a killer is running those but some perks rely on the survivors not knowing. Prime examples are NOED and Blood warden. Both of those perks hinge on survivors not knowing if the killer has it or not. The fact that a dead SWF can immediately tell their buddies "hey dont hang around the exit gate, hes got bloodwarden" completely breaks the perk. The survivors should not be able to see the killers load out until the match has finished. Period.

Comments

• Leatherbilly
    Leatherbilly Member Posts: 384

This and last second switching by survivors is so easy to fix.

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498

yeah i had a swf bail before i could hook a guy to activate blood warden with noed
    its a bunch of bs

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498

@SadonicShadow said:
    This is an issue that has been around for a long time and i dont understand why it has not yet been addressed. If a survivor is SWF and they die they're able to communicate to their friend the perks the killer is running. I think this is absolutely ridiculous. For perks like ruin, enduring, brutal strength, etc the knowledge of its existence makes little difference because it becomes clear early in the trial that a killer is running those but some perks rely on the survivors not knowing. Prime examples are NOED and Blood warden. Both of those perks hinge on survivors not knowing if the killer has it or not. The fact that a dead SWF can immediately tell their buddies "hey dont hang around the exit gate, hes got bloodwarden" completely breaks the perk. The survivors should not be able to see the killers load out until the match has finished. Period.

i agree, but maybe only if you are in a swf lobby you cant see perks or something because if i die early as survivor i like to see the perks before i leave the lobby. but then if a dead swf guy and a dead normal guy the normal guy could tell the swf guy in chat so maybe once a solo person leaves they can see perks if they want... idk seems to complex devs dont care enough to do something like that

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I like to see perks at times after I died to see what the killer was using, did they go meta or something funky.

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611

If you have NoEd then survivors wouldn't know to avoid you or to be more careful. They wouldn't be able to tell that their items are being used at a faster rate or other aura perks like Unnerving Presence that affect survivors. Hell, a Killer sees when Kate's wiggle perk is affecting them. It should be both ways, regardless.

• TheOwl
    TheOwl Member Posts: 185

I play mostly solo survivor, and I agree that this is a feature that needs to be in the game. The killer's perks should be hidden from view until all survivors are no longer in the trial, at which point they reveal themselves.

I understand that many solo players want to see the killer's perks, as do I, but if somebody wants to look at the killer's perks that badly, then they have the option to wait until the match is over for everyone. The change will undoubtedly be an added inconvenience for solo survivors, but it will not have the potential to be game ruining like the current system is for killers.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

+1, should have been a thing since they introduced SWF in the game.