My wishful thinking for the Wraith.

Options

Hello great people of the fog, I would like to show you an idea I had for our dearest friend since the very beginning, the Wraith. The Wraith's ability doesn't change that much, except for an added feature for prolonged stalking in his invisibility.

I envisioned it like this:

• The Wraith can stalk survivors while he is invisible. He does this by looking at the survivor in question, slowly filling up a meter. Once this meter has reached it's maximum, the Wraith can uncloak and activate his 'Death's stare/gaze' (to be decided). The 'Death's stare/gaze' causes any survivor the Wraith is looking at to slow down dramatically- excuse me... considerably, talking in DbD lingo here. Add-ons would either make the slow last longer or make it a bigger inconvenience.
  • Secondly I would like to talk about the blood mechanic. I know the Wraith is seen as a predator, but I would love to move this to scratchmarks, rather than blood. Blood itself in this game feels kind of inbalanced to me. (Oh lord, an opinion- I know, please don't hate me.) Besides it makes 'Bloodhound' quite useless on him. Instead the Wraith could see a different set of scratchmarks. Other killers only see running survivor's scratchmarks, the Wraith would be able to see walking survivor's scratchmarks. Crouch-walking survivor's don't leave these scratchmarks. The duration can be discussed further, so please tell me what you think.

I feel like this change would turn the Wraith to a higher status of a killer, able to be competetive even. (Right now he is one of those killers, who is held off a long time by pallet looping. But at the same time you can never really lose them. Like Freddy. This change could help him a lot in chases, turning him into an efficent killer. This would truly be my wish for the Wraith's future and I hope it may reach out to you guys out there in the fog. To our dearest Philip!

Have fun and a lot of Hope in the fog~

Comments

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 326
    Options

I also had ideas for specific add-ons. Names can be decided later, but there were some like this:

• The stalking time for 'Death's stare/gaze' is tremendously longer, but succesful attacks cause the victim to go in the dying state.
    • Your 'Death's stare/gaze' causes exhaustion.
    • Your paralyzing gaze causes your victim to have its gaze fixated on you. (The survivor's camera would be locked on the Wraith, like the Hag's phantasms.