The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A discussion about D-Strike - Do you like the change?

1235»

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Acromio said:

The fact that most people don't seem to understand that they are buffing it and pretending to nerf it is honestly flabbergasting. I hope this change doesn't go through.

Maybe it nerfs your play style.
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    edited February 2019
    Is trash, easy to counter, just count mentally 1 minute after unhooks with suspicious survs

Worst is u can't control when to shoot DS, I used todo before 3rd or 2nd hook, now so trash when killer wants or not
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@BACKSTABBER said:
    Is trash, easy to counter, just count mentally 1 minute after unhooks with suspicious survs

Worst is u can't control when to shoot DS, I used todo before 3rd or 2nd hook, now so trash when killer wants or not

What?

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

I really, really, REALLY like this change.

1) It isn't a free escape anymore.
    2) It counters tunneling, which is something I don't do.
    3) It's countered by not tunneling, which is something I DO do (big surprise coming from the Legion main, I know).
    4) Reduced stun time is orgasmic, especially with Enduring.

This is the first time I have ever looked at Decisive and thought, "This Perk doesn't need to be removed from the game."

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I... I think I like Decisive Strike now.

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327

DS had to change, it got out of hand. You just don't have time in a match, adn that's exactly what gets taken away from you.

They should add a dagger in the chest aswell that actually enables the use of DS. That would be perfect.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Not sure about the obsession changing thing going on, but the rest of it is pretty great honestly.

Tunneling Killers can get punished, it guarantees at least 1 hook aside from stunning/flashlight.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Lanis_ said:
    ANOTHER SURVIVOR NERF? please stop.. in the last year every patch has a survivor nerf or killer buff (except for Mending) #########?!?
    It could easily be vastly more powerful now. 

2 survivors camped in the basement? If someone can get and unhook them both, even if the killer comes back and knocks them both down, now they can't be rehooked in the basement. They get 60 seconds to crawl away. If the killer attempts it they take a stun and the player runs out anyway.
  • PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

@Peanits said:
    No. It's still one time use per survivor.

Ok, that makes it a great anti-tunnel perk (and only that). I like it.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@The_Crusader said:

2 survivors camped in the basement? If someone can get and unhook them both, even if the killer comes back and knocks them both down, now they can't be rehooked in the basement. They get 60 seconds to crawl away. If the killer attempts it they take a stun and the player runs out anyway.

Yes but if 4 men used old DS, nobody would be hooked in the basement anyway.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I approve of the change. Changes the Obsession mechanic a bit (which probably does more harm than good in the end for other obsession perks) but DS itself becomes much less of a Get-Out-of-Jail-Free-Card and more of an incentive to avoid tunneling.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    edited February 2019
    I love it... it adds a fresh feeling to the game now... obsession changes during a match? Yes!.....  I had a feeling that this update was going to hold big changes since BHVR is so quiet and I was right... i pray that there is more to come.... I applaud and ask for encore... thank you bhvr <3. ....... the only negative that I have towards it is the timer and it could possibly change after the ptb... I feel it should be longer... just by a hair..... 80 seconds?
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    edited February 2019
    To a degree I like it, it needed the nerf, but with that comes a nerf to several killer obsession perks like Dying Light and Remember Me.
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Lanis_ said:
    ANOTHER SURVIVOR NERF? please stop.. in the last year every patch has a survivor nerf or killer buff (except for Mending) #########?!?

OMG!! A counter to the camping LF! :○
  • Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited February 2019

It's a pure buff for BBQC though. Eat it survivors because you won't stop that OP 4 stack. The rest doesn't matter.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Tucking_Friggered said:
    It's a pure buff for BBQC though. Eat it survivors because you won't stop that OP 4 stack. The rest doesn't matter.

DCs though.

They should give tokens for DCs. I am pushing this in this forum lol

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited February 2019

@Delfador said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

DCs though.

They should give tokens for DCs. I am pushing this in this forum lol

Sooner or later they are going to have to punish DC hard. Right now the punishment is so far off that it has no noticeable effect in games. It affects both sides though so they will sacrifice that group for the rest. If it only affected killers I'd worry it would be ignored, but it hoses the other survivors and as Behav10rs pet group that is not acceptable.

This discussion has been closed.