Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New Killer: The Collector

He could set traps in certain areas, for example a tripwire at the end of a narrow passage, that once triggered both injure the survivor and notify him of their position. Another trap can be set inside of one of the chests, similar to how he uses them in the movies. The Collector could also have some type of device he could activate that lets out a high pitch that temporarily deafens you so, as you're trying to escape the chase, you can't tell whether or not you're out of his terror radius or hear his footsteps until the effect wears off.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Silas
    Silas Member Posts: 307

ahem
    :|

• Countfunkular
    Countfunkular Member Posts: 405
    Give me a second.
  • E4TING_GLASS
    E4TING_GLASS Member Posts: 3
    The chest idea is good. I always thought that was a decent idea for a perk. 
  • Countfunkular
    Okay this is going to be my honest-to-god criticism about the Killer. I'm sorry that no one has sent you a message yet but they usually like to read about more fleshed-out Killers like perks add-ons whatnot.

As for your killer idea it's interesting to say the least tripwires would be pretty cool but then again a tripwire is a two-way activational. First I need to apply a tick here in here just to set up the tripwire. Then there is a limitation on how much of it I can actually set up and what not. If you were to rework the tripwire to something like a bell that you can easily set up the survivors don't really see until it's too late then maybe but has it currently stands. The Killer has trap setting abilities but nothing to really help out in the chase it's an interesting concept but you're going to need to flush it out or rework.

• Countfunkular
    So...
    Ahem

• Silas
    Silas Member Posts: 307
    So...
    Ahem

Unnecessary but okay. At least mine was directed toward a more general audience, not at an individual who has other things to do rather than auto-generate replies on a forum.

Okay this is going to be my honest-to-god criticism about the Killer. I'm sorry that no one has sent you a message yet but they usually like to read about more fleshed-out Killers like perks add-ons whatnot.

As for your killer idea it's interesting to say the least tripwires would be pretty cool but then again a tripwire is a two-way activational. First I need to apply a tick here in here just to set up the tripwire. Then there is a limitation on how much of it I can actually set up and what not. If you were to rework the tripwire to something like a bell that you can easily set up the survivors don't really see until it's too late then maybe but has it currently stands. The Killer has trap setting abilities but nothing to really help out in the chase it's an interesting concept but you're going to need to flush it out or rework.

To be honest, didn't put too much thought into the abilities and whatnot. Winged it. Just thought he'd make a great addition, as there are plenty of aspects that can be pulled from the movies and implemented into the game. Clearly left it open to suggestions. Didn't reply to your comment as you insinuated that it is my obligation to fully flesh out something I'm simply lying on the table as a general idea. Not my job and I certainly don't care enough to go into such deep detail on something that is not likely to be seen, let alone considered, by one of the devs. Thought he'd make an interesting killer and I'm sharing that with the community—that's it.

If you disagree, cool. That's your opinion. But spare me the attitude.  ;)