The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

CHAPTER TEASER! (real)

mobbigermops
mobbigermops Member Posts: 13
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

This is the first teaser we got on tuesday so
maybe PTB today

Comments

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

I thought this was another troll post, but I just trolled myself :(

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT MEANS BUT I'M HYPE AF AND WANT TO SEE ALL THE WILD SPECULATION!

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

It told us nothing!
  • AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

Yeah babey

• willcenx
    willcenx Member Posts: 176

Is it some type of an ancient altar? Or what is it? The altar in some temple maybe.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Definitely has religious vibes to it. What are those symbols under the centre piece?

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Is that going to be religion themed? I hope it is!

That statement describes religions perfectly. Whenever people face calamities, they turn their face to the religions and try to find comfort.

'Following' is also a very strong hint to a religion theme.

Most probably a cult leader or something, maybe the cult sacrificed somebody like the spirit and it came back to get revenge?

We'll see. I am hyped

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited February 2019

@Mc_Harty said:
    Definitely has religious vibes to it. What are those symbols under the centre piece?

One character looks Thai, but I can't be sure because the image is kinda low-res. Scratch that, I just don't know how to use Twitter.
    The whole thing looks to be some east-Asian temple, due to the gong and the hanging tag. However, the symbols on the tag seem Christian in nature (two crosses there).

• Zanely89
    Zanely89 Member Posts: 134
    edited February 2019

Middle ages maybe?
    The dark ages and the reformation both fitting the theme.
    I remember one of the dev also mentioned we will get a killer that is the oldest in term of timeline, maybe this is the one?

• CoolConnor96
    CoolConnor96 Member Posts: 164

Interesting! Its giving me a religious kinda feeling

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

I'm getting religious vibes, I like it! Considering this is the oldest killer too I'm hyped.

I'm not a big fan on modern day killers, Legion did absolutely nothing for me, since it was a bunch of kids in masks, so this has me excited!

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Tarvesh said:
    Is that you, Valak?

I would lose my ######### with happiness if they finally put nun in. I’ve only been asking for a nun killer since I started playing this game.
  • LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

FINALLY SOMETHING!!!

• Zanely89
    Zanely89 Member Posts: 134

@Orion said:

@Mc_Harty said:

One character looks Thai, but I can't be sure because the image is kinda low-res. Scratch that, I just don't know how to use Twitter.
    The whole thing looks to be some east-Asian temple, due to the gong and the hanging tag. However, the symbols on the tag seem Christian in nature (two crosses there).

Where is the character? I don't see anything resembling a word in the picture.
    I do see some pattern on the arch though, but it don't looked like character too.

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765

Mc_Harty said:

They’re come form of cross.

The general design looks like a bell or shrine. The item suspended in the air by the chains looks like it’s probably an urn containing ashes or possibly bones.

The general design looks like something you might find in some form of Asian temple.

But the small crosses below the suspended item suggest a Western European design.
  • Orion

@Zanely89 said:

@Orion said:

@Mc_Harty said:

Where is the character? I don't see anything resembling a word in the picture.
    I do see some pattern on the arch though, but it don't looked like character too.

I was referring to a character on the tag, but like I said, I just don't know how to use Twitter. I was looking at a low-res image, which is why I confused a symbol with a character.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Orion said:

So the killer is a cult leader?

Better be Jim Jones the Kool Aid man.

That or my boi Xenu.
  • Mc_Harty

@Orion said:

If that's a gong, its shaped wrong. Looks more like a shrine if anything.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

If it has a religious vibe, that is interesting. I just hope it isn't some anti-Christian thing.

I doubt it. I think BHVR are smart enough to not go that route.

Who knows. Looks interesting.

• The_Crusader
    edited February 2019
    The image and tagline give me Eternal Darkness vibes.

As absolutely epic as it would be having Pious Augustus as the new killer I can't see Nintendo ever allowing that on rival systems :(
  • Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

If it has a religious vibe, that is interesting. I just hope it isn't some anti-Christian thing.

It could be balance with the survivor being religious, and the killer not.... or vice versa. As long as they are vague with the religious part, it shouldn’t be a problem. 
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    edited February 2019

daRn seems we wont have the shapeshifter in the end

the sentence "in time of darkness" widely known sentence means medieval, also cuz the Visigoth bow

killer like religious fanatic like a "knights templar",

but could be also a dracula (less likely), dracula associated with darkness often, and hates light

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

On the contrary, I believe Christianity and horror go hand in hand. Not only because of the historical horrors inflicted by it, but if you look at horror you can identify Christian morals (ie. Don’t have sex, do drugs, or have no regard for your fellow man; the people who drink, screw, get high, and are jerks tend to die.) 
  • Orion

@Mc_Harty said:

@Orion said:

If that's a gong, its shaped wrong. Looks more like a shrine if anything.

Well, the whole thing seems like a mixture of western and eastern religions, so it'd make sense for the "gong" to be halfway between a real gong and a church bell.

• The_Crusader

daRn seems we wont have the shapeshifter in the end

the sentence "in time of darkness" means medieval , this could be the killer,

like religious fanatic like a "knights templar", but could be also a dracula (less likely)

That looks right up my street.
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    New killer: The priest 
    Power: You know what ;)
  • mobbigermops
    mobbigermops Member Posts: 13

But what would be his Power?

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,998

Looks like some kind of seal or talisman to me. Interesting teasers as always!

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

I really doubt they would base a killer on real life religion. But what I could see, if they go some kind of kultist route. Maybe a killer who whorshipped the entity before taken to it's realm or something like that.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

"In a time of darkness" "KIller older than 1910".
    Dark Ages killer perhaps?!
    Also upon close inspection of the circle, I spot lions, a symbol of Richard the Lionheart.
    The central hanging tall and narrow item is perhaps a military banner?

My shards are on a Zealous Crusader or medieval knight. Though perhaps we'll get a Nun rip-off or evil Patriarch?

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Amazing. I feel literally not excitement at all.

• Mc_Harty

@Orion said:
    Well, the whole thing seems like a mixture of western and eastern religions, so it'd make sense for the "gong" to be halfway between a real gong and a church bell.

Actually looking at it again, I don't think that's a tag. There's incense smoke coming out of it. And there's a pole connecting it to the centre. Looking online I found this. \/

Seems similar to the one in the picture. If it was a gong, it wouldn't make much sense to connect a smoke box to it.

• BACKSTABBER
    edited February 2019

@mobbigermops said:
    But what would be his Power?

that rectangular device with crosses is expulsing smoke like incense in the churches

maybe the power is related to smoke/teleporting/shapeshifting

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

just release the PTb ~.~

• Orion

@Mc_Harty said:

@Orion said:

Actually looking at it again, I don't think that's a tag. There's incense smoke coming out of it. And there's a pole connecting it to the centre. Looking online I found this. \/

Seems similar to the one in the picture. If it was a gong, it wouldn't make much sense to connect a smoke box to it.

So maybe an urn containing an evil entity that's being held back by the incense? The chains and the little "ball" at the top give off a kind of "evil containment chamber" vibe. Much better than an electric rice cooker, if you ask me...

• BACKSTABBER

I think the entity itself is that smoke going out, makes sense

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    I know its licensed but it'd kinda fit John Carpenters The Fog, with the religious theme and smoke/fog.

We need The Fog chapter.
  • Sinner
    Sinner Member Posts: 334
    edited February 2019

If you google "hanging incense burner" you will see the object in the picture. I can't pinpoint the culture exactly but so far it's very similar to Chinese.

Actually it's way more consistent if you google Tibetan hanging incense burner.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    5 symbols maybe representing the 5 gens required to power the door?
    New end game based killer?
  • AshleyWB
    What does everyone make of the lion mask inscriptions on the circle?
    Man with Lions head?
    What's the association with Mali?
  • Orion

@AshleyWB said:
    What does everyone make of the lion mask inscriptions on the circle?
    Man with Lions head?
    What's the association with Mali?

There is no association with Mali, that's just an internal designation.

• AshleyWB
    Egypt must be the location then. Surely.
    Always wanted a pyramid map.
    Could it be
  • Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604
    From the chapter "Darkness among us" to the statement "In a time of darkness, some look for a light to follow." 
    Connection? 
  • Orion

@AshleyWB said:
    Egypt must be the location then. Surely.
    Always wanted a pyramid map.
    Could it be

The architecture isn't Egyptian. Sorry.

• AshleyWB
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Orion said:

Maybe the survivor is the cult leader?

• Plippy
    Plippy Member Posts: 187

LÄMP

• Orion

@fcc2014 said:

@Orion said:

Cult leaders are always the evil crazy ones. Cult followers are mostly just plain crazy. I doubt it.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Orion said:

@fcc2014 said:

@Orion said:

Cult leaders are always the evil crazy ones. Cult followers are mostly just plain crazy. I doubt it.

Depends on the perspective. Sometimes the bad guy doesn't always think they are the bad guy.