The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

CHAPTER TEASER! (real)

Comments

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

I'm super reluctant on guessing it's going to be a pastor or a priest, but still somehow related to The Clown and The Nurse with the Asylum and Church.

I'm reluctant on the priest/pastor because he was killed given one of the Nurse's add on, but idk

Could it be a Solider? Knight? Pastor, Priest? Nun?

Idk mannn

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

I would LOVE to see a morally bankrupt Survivor with perks that are selfish and boost them while hurting their teammates. This would help solo players and nerf swf. The only time swf would play these perks is to troll one another.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    fcc2014 said:

I would LOVE to see a morally bankrupt Survivor with perks that are selfish and boost them while hurting their teammates. This would help solo players and nerf swf. The only time swf would play these perks is to troll one another.

But Claudette is already in the game.
  • Noxerias
    Noxerias Member Posts: 93
    edited February 2019
    Brady said:

I'm super reluctant on guessing it's going to be a pastor or a priest, but still somehow related to The Clown and The Nurse with the Asylum and Church.

I'm reluctant on the priest/pastor because he was killed given one of the Nurse's add on, but idk

Could it be a Solider? Knight? Pastor, Priest? Nun?

Idk mannn

Could be a Cultist, Monk, or Hermit since all three can be religious but still remain neutral.
    Post edited by Noxerias on
  • Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604
    There are cherubs on the border of door but it is hard to tell which kind they are. Could be old Greek, Roman or the English style from the victorian period but im leaning towards Greek or Roman
  • Sinner
    Sinner Member Posts: 334

@Pirscher said:
    There are cherubs on the border of door but it is hard to tell which kind they are. Could be old Greek, Roman or the English style from the victorian period but im leaning towards Greek or Roman

I see whiskers so I am thinking they're more like lions.

• Pirscher
    Looks like a cherub
  • Pirscher
    edited February 2019
    Quick search result
  • Sinner
    Sinner Member Posts: 334
    edited February 2019

I don't know but something is not right with that coffin shaped box, which is used to hold incense. Only Buddhists use that shape, yet there are 2 crosses on it, which doesn't make any sense.

@Pirscher
    For me, the nose should be a lot smaller.

• Billhilly
    Billhilly Member Posts: 34
    Orion said:

So the killer is a cult leader?

Charles Manson, nice

• mobbigermops
    mobbigermops Member Posts: 13

maybe it is a female cult leader

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    edited February 2019
    AshleyWB said:
    What does everyone make of the lion mask inscriptions on the circle?
    Man with Lions head?
    What's the association with Mali?
    I suggested a connection between Richard the Lionheart.

I saw "In the darkest of times" as a reference to the Dark Ages.

I believe that the killer will be an overzealous crusader that falsely believes the Entity is his god.

Also Mali is just the codename for the chapter.
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@mobbigermops said:

This is the first teaser we got on tuesday so
    maybe PTB today

I knew it, it is gonna be in Timbuktu

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

I really hope for cultist or clerik/priest of some kind. And 2 floor map of catacombs + church/graveyard.

• mobbigermops
    mobbigermops Member Posts: 13

@Kebek said:
    I really hope for cultist or clerik/priest of some kind. And 2 floor map of catacombs + church/graveyard.

The new map looks like an indoor map.
    Something like a ruin or a temple.
    However it could have a second floor because the uploaded an internel test build that was called 2 floor gen fix

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

@mobbigermops said:

This is the first teaser we got on tuesday so
    maybe PTB today

It's like a dungeon?

• Pirscher
    The survivor may be female this time. It could be that centuries later in the 1920s she discovers this tomb/church/catacomb and is an explorer?

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

if the killer is a nun or priest than i'm renaming myself to ACatholicKiller

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    edited February 2019

It's a "genie" in a bottle. The Jinn are nothing like "I Dream of Genie".

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

temple of a Cult

temple of the witch

• EmotionalDaisy
    EmotionalDaisy Member Posts: 159
    Apparently no one sees that a Chao is entombed there
  • Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    Is that harpys carved around?
  • Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    Is it just me or does the smoke kinda look like a head with a headdress on?
  • TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

Broken Knight of the Templar or Crazy Tibetan Monk

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

It's a fockin Jehovas witness !

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

They could stir up some free advertisement by going the route of a real religion but they are much too SJW for that.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    I get Strange Brigade tingles.
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

They could stir up some free advertisement by going the route of a real religion but they are much too SJW for that.

Leatherface would like a word. :P
  • Riasama
    Riasama Member Posts: 21

I believe the next killer is going to be pyramid head!

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@MhhBurgers said:

No, they'd stir up censorship instead, which is why they're not going to shoot themselves in the foot.
    Seriously, anti-SJWs are more annoying than SJWs.

• HermanTheDoctor
    HermanTheDoctor Member Posts: 212

i'm excited :D

• MhhBurgers
    edited February 2019

@Orion said:

@MhhBurgers said:

No, they'd stir up censorship instead, which is why they're not going to shoot themselves in the foot.

Censorship by who rofl, no country that has many ppl playing DBD would censor them for religious context.

Also the general population would probably disagree with your opinion about anti-SJWs at least if youtube and social media is a good source to go by.

• Orion

@MhhBurgers said:

@Orion said:

@MhhBurgers said:

Censorship by who rofl, no country that has many ppl playing DBD would censor them for religious context.

Also the general population would probably disagree with your opinion about anti-SJWs at least if youtube and social media is a good source to go by.

China would've censored the game for the Doctor if he'd been Asian. Christians in the USA throw a hissy fit any time someone portrays their particular flavor of christianity in a bad light or just dares to release something they find offensive. You're seriously underestimating how many countries would boycott and/or ban this game for minor things.

The general population is neither explicitly for nor explicitly against SJWs, and we agree that both sides are (at least) equally annoying. This discussion had nothing to do with SJWs, but you just had to bring up the subject.

• MhhBurgers

@Orion said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Orion said:

@MhhBurgers said:

China would've censored the game for the Doctor if he'd been Asian. Christians in the USA throw a hissy fit any time someone portrays their particular flavor of christianity in a bad light or just dares to release something they find offensive. You're seriously underestimating how many countries would boycott and/or ban this game for minor things.

The general population is neither explicitly for nor explicitly against SJWs, and we agree that both sides are (at least) equally annoying. This discussion had nothing to do with SJWs, but you just had to bring up the subject.

The US CAN not censor games based on religion so that point is moot, them throwing a fit would be actual free advertisement. China doesn't care about religion if it's portrayed in a bad way.

• Orion
    edited February 2019

@MhhBurgers said:

@Orion said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Orion said:

@MhhBurgers said:

The US CAN not censor games based on religion so that point is moot, them throwing a fit would be actual free advertisement. China doesn't care about religion if it's portrayed in a bad way.

And so what? Let's say just three countries ban the game. That's not only several million potential customers you're deprived yourself of, but also several thousand current customers who can no longer purchase or make use of your product, all for the possibility of stirring up enough ######### with manufactured controversy that you'll make up for that with free advertisement.
    Companies that want to make money don't intentionally deprive themselves of customers. It's absurd.

• MhhBurgers

@Orion said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Orion said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Orion said:

@MhhBurgers said:

And so what? Let's say just three countries ban the game. That's not only several million potential customers you're deprived yourself of, but also several thousand current customers who can no longer purchase or make use of your product, all for the possibility of stirring up enough ######### with manufactured controversy that you'll make up for that with free advertisement.
    Companies that want to make money don't intentionally deprive themselves of customers. It's absurd.

Who cares, can't please everybody. I don't think DBD would ever gain traction in for example Indonesia where such things matter in the first place.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

@MhhBurgers said:

@Orion said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Orion said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Orion said:

@MhhBurgers said:

Who cares, can't please everybody. I don't think DBD would ever gain traction in for example Indonesia where such things matter in the first place.

I think Orion's point is that the devs are "who cares", or at least they should be if they want to keep making money. Also, they're the ones with the actual statistics, so they would actually know where their playerbase lies. Given that somewhere between a quarter and a third of the world's population self-identify as Christian, probably a sizeable chunk of dbd players are too, and that's a lot of people they could potentially piss off for no good reason. Especially if you include non-Christians who simply consider it in bad taste to demonise an entire religion. In short, it doesn't really matter if one person thinks it's fine, from a business standpoint it's not necessary and won't do them any favours in the long run.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

@pemberley said:
    Dwight_Confusion said:

If it has a religious vibe, that is interesting. I just hope it isn't some anti-Christian thing.

I doubt it. I think BHVR are smart enough to not go that route.

Who knows. Looks interesting.

On the contrary, I believe Christianity and horror go hand in hand. Not only because of the historical horrors inflicted by it, but if you look at horror you can identify Christian morals (ie. Don’t have sex, do drugs, or have no regard for your fellow man; the people who drink, screw, get high, and are jerks tend to die.) 

No I'm cool with all that. I'm a Christian, and I play this game ya know? I like horror films.

There's a nice line between entertainment and common sense. I'm cool. Just as long as they don't belittle Christ and make it some mockery or agenda.

I'm down.

• charliechainsaw
    charliechainsaw Member Posts: 3

The killer is in the picture i believe. It can camouflage. If you look the design is uneven on the left side, and the little “face talisman thing” is actually being held by hands. Killer has half a mask on (maybe)

• charliechainsaw
    charliechainsaw Member Posts: 3

Original pic :

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Peasant said:
    AshleyWB said:
    What does everyone make of the lion mask inscriptions on the circle?
    Man with Lions head?
    What's the association with Mali?
    I suggested a connection between Richard the Lionheart.

I saw "In the darkest of times" as a reference to the Dark Ages.

I believe that the killer will be an overzealous crusader that falsely believes the Entity is his god.

Also Mali is just the codename for the chapter.
    And considering the LONG shot that was cote liking Bruce Campbells tweet about a "1300 ad genre classic", which Army Of Darkness was in the dark ages, your connection is probably one of the more likely routes. I'm excited!
  • xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

My guesses:
    1) Minotaur
    2) Gorgon
    3) Priest(ess)

It kind of also looks like a hanging terracotta urn but I'm not putting my eggs in that basket.

As for it being a christian based monster or priest, I doubt that since the developers have stated they wanted to avoid religious based killers in general.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

Original pic :

Once you see it you can't unsee it!! 
  • Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273
    Let's guess on their power. The killer will be able to blind the survivor while the survivor's perks help with flashlight spamming.
  • BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365

In case this hasn't been posted already:
    https://youtu.be/sAn7baRbhx4

• rounder247
    rounder247 Member Posts: 48

Some kind of vampire maybe?

• Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273
    I'm thinking of something related to Prometheus actually. The quote could refer to fire, while the image looks like a simplistic clay representation of fire being chained down.
  • rounder247
    rounder247 Member Posts: 48

What about a vampire themed killer?

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    I have overexamined the picture from every pixel for small details.
    It has only left me more confused so if anyone can crack the code let me know. Anything left a question mark on not 100% what it might be.
    Here are is what i found.
    Cherub (cupids)
    Incense smoke from incense holder
    Atlantis? or Towering City
    Lion Head?
    Leaf? Or Bug? Or Feather?
    Bell?

The structure i thought at first was mayan language from afar but up close doesn't read as such.