The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Compilation of possible NOED nerfs

BACKSTABBER
BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
edited February 2019 in General Discussions
  • NOED Totem is not visible to killer
  • When all gennies are repaired, NOED + exposed warning are displayed (no need to wait to hit a surv)
  • Only 1/2/3 instadown hits with a counter in the perk
  • NOED is enabled only if you are the last surv
  • NOED requires at least x hooks to be active (besides the other conditions)
  • NOED only applied to the obsession (if there is any)
  • NOED has a countdown of 20/30/50 seconds
  • NOED tier 3 is the only that instadowns, the tier 1 and 2 only increases your speed
  • NOED loves NOED so much
  • NOED only working while transporting a surv
  • NOED only working when 1 or 2 exit gates are open
  • NOED's totem is visible to survs once it is enabled
  • NOED's totem is visible to survs all the time
  • NOED's special sound to let survs know we got a NOED match
  • NOED's totem can be cleansed faster than other totems
  • ...complete more NOED nerfs with your crazy ideas:

NOED

Comments

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    I meant *Marker obviously.
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

But.... why would we nerf it?

• BACKSTABBER

@TreemanXD said:
    But.... why would we nerf it?

That's endless Off-topic issue plz do not deviate the subject~~

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

My idea make it so survivors know how many totems are left if they’re smart then they will cleanse them if not then oh well

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

I was thinking about addressing everything, but I'll just keep it short and simple.
    I'm a survivor main and I think NOED is okay where it's at.
    And by the way, I just thought I'd mention, regarding the suggestion about NOED only inflicting the exposed status at tier 3. That's is what it was previously before they buffed it. Don't know if your were completely aware of that.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

For those that didnt catch it, the OP is being sarcastic. (Most likely)

• BACKSTABBER

I was thinking about addressing everything, but I'll just keep it short and simple.
    I'm a survivor main and I think NOED is okay where it's at.
    And by the way, I just thought I'd mention, regarding the suggestion about NOED only inflicting the exposed status at tier 3. That's is what it was previously before they buffed it. Don't know if your were completely aware of that.

Yup I know
  • BACKSTABBER
    edited February 2019
    PigNRun said:

For those that didnt catch it, the OP is being sarcastic. (Most likely)

Fifty-fifty

Sarcastic would be "NOED only working on shirtless David"
  • Billhilly
    Billhilly Member Posts: 34
    When all gens are done, NOED can cleanse itself
  • BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

The devs said no NOED nerf is coming...So stop...

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    So what we've learned recently...

Killers: NERF THEIR CRUTCH PERK!!
    *DS gets nerfed*
    Survivors: Ok now you nerf your crutch perk too so that it's fair
    Killers: Nuh-uh!

The childish entitlement.
  • ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359

*DS gets nerfed*

Imagine comparing decisive strike to noed lololollol
  • artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    at the very least get rid of the free speed it gives you. AT THE VERY LEAST.
  • BACKSTABBER

@NoShinyPony said:

• NOED only works on injured survivors

lol nice joke - thats already without NOED

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

@The_Crusader said:

DS gets nerfed

DS isn't counter-able and relies on the survivor to miss the skill check. Survivors get a free escape and killer loses needed pressure.

Noed is one of 5 totems you can break and have the entire game time to do so.

I still fail to see the comparison.

Not to mention the new DS perk is going to be super strong end game anyway, it's just removing the early pressure loss for killer.

Noed is a mediocre perk and any decent killer will win before all 5 gens are completed. Survivors already move onto complaining about other perks when killers start getting 'sweaty' to win, like it is at rank 1 currently.

• BACKSTABBER

While NOED is enabled, play this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2YbwIuhv0E

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

@The_Crusader said:

DS gets nerfed

NOED is nowhere near the power of DS.

A similar perk would be "Destructive Strike" - The killer has to make a "very" difficult skillcheck during pickup animation, if he succeeds the survivor will be down further in another hookstage and has his actionspeed decreased by 25% for XX/XX/XX seconds.

• The_Crusader
    CronaWins said:

@The_Crusader said:

DS gets nerfed

DS isn't counter-able and relies on the survivor to miss the skill check. Survivors get a free escape and killer loses needed pressure.

Not to mention the new DS perk is going to be super strong end game anyway, it's just removing the early pressure loss for killer.

Noed is a mediocre perk and any decent killer will win before all 5 gens are completed. Survivors already move onto complaining about other perks when killers start getting 'sweaty' to win, like it is at rank 1 currently.

You say "any decent killer will win before all 5 gens are completed".

So then if the game is easy for decent killers to win, does that not prove NOED is too much? If the killer can pressure survivors that much then how are they expected to cleanse the totems? Does it not boost a good player with a strong killer into OP territory?

And if a decent killer can win like that, then does it not say that people that cant just need to get better? Why should they have a free boost to grant them a few kills? Out of pity?

People compare noed and ds because both perks can change the outcome of the game in an instant and really screw the other side even if they played well.

No perks should be able to swing the game so easily. BBQ can't do it, Sprint Burst can't do it. Both are really strong but can't turn the tide of the game in an instant.
  • The_Crusader

While NOED is enabled, play this song:

I imagine killers getting sweaty and playing this

https://youtu.be/AfjCj9BAtFE

The cheese of the music perfectly fits the cheese of the perk.
  • MhhBurgers
    edited February 2019

@The_Crusader said:
    CronaWins said:

@The_Crusader said:

DS gets nerfed

So then if the game is easy for decent killers to win, does that not prove NOED is too much? If the killer can pressure survivors that much then how are they expected to cleanse the totems? Does it not boost a good player with a strong killer into OP territory?

And if a decent killer can win like that, then does it not say that people that cant just need to get better? Why should they have a free boost to grant them a few kills? Out of pity?

People compare noed and ds because both perks can change the outcome of the game in an instant and really screw the other side even if they played well.

No perks should be able to swing the game so easily. BBQ can't do it, Sprint Burst can't do it. Both are really strong but can't turn the tide of the game in an instant.

The difference is that NOED is mostly only bad for the health of the game and just as unfun as DS, it's only going to work against very altruistic survivors or in other words ppl playing to have fun

• The_Crusader
    edited February 2019

@The_Crusader said:
    CronaWins said:

@The_Crusader said:

DS gets nerfed

The difference is that NOED is mostly only bad for the health of the game and just as unfun as DS, it's only going to work against very altruistic survivors or in other words ppl playing to have fun

Just as DS enabled all the toxic little twerps out there to be toxic, NOED enables all the campers to be toxic too.

The amount of killers that rely on camp and NOED is ridiculous. It really sucks the fun out of the game for most people.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@MhhBurgers said:

Why can't we just delete both and get rid of the biggest gripes for 2 sides so we can then choose 2 new gripes to argue about for the next few years till those get removed?

For killers it'd be either Adrenaline or insta Heals and for survivors Iri hatchets or Mori's I'd say Iri hatchets and Insta heals can be yanked next.

• MhhBurgers

@powerbats said:

@MhhBurgers said:

Why can't we just delete both and get rid of the biggest gripes for 2 sides so we can then choose 2 new gripes to argue about for the next few years till those get removed?

For killers it'd be either Adrenaline or insta Heals and for survivors Iri hatchets or Mori's I'd say Iri hatchets and Insta heals can be yanked next.

Iri hatchets should just not be usable with infantry belt, they'd be fine otherwise.

All forms of instaheal need to go, toolboxes need to be redesigned since gens are going fast enough as is. NOED should go but non-instadown killers would need something for endgame.

• powerbats

@MhhBurgers said:

@powerbats said:

@MhhBurgers said:

Iri hatchets should just not be usable with infantry belt, they'd be fine otherwise.

All forms of instaheal need to go, toolboxes need to be redesigned since gens are going fast enough as is. NOED should go but non-instadown killers would need something for endgame.

For Insta heals I think the only way they stay is if you'd have to channel 2 seconds fully for Styptic and 5 seconds for Syringe to get their effects. You'd also have to use the highest medkit and could carry no other addons.

It'd also have to be fully charged and any use of it even if by accident or not using the insta heal destroys the medkit.

Ir's I like your suggestion of no extra capacity and yes tool boxes should be tweaked some, perhaps if more than 1 person is on a gen it has worse efficiency and if 2 tb's even more so.

Also lets finally get rid of BNP's since for the price they're worthless really.

• The_Crusader

@powerbats said:

@MhhBurgers said:

Personally I dont mind the syptic agents too much but yeah the syringes need to go.

Agree with all you said tbh though I do think if noed  gets nerfed then adrenaline needs a nerf too.

Moris are on par with keys. Both can end the game faster than they should.
  • MhhBurgers

@powerbats said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@powerbats said:

@MhhBurgers said:

For Insta heals I think the only way they stay is if you'd have to channel 2 seconds fully for Styptic and 5 seconds for Syringe to get their effects. You'd also have to use the highest medkit and could carry no other addons.

It'd also have to be fully charged and any use of it even if by accident or not using the insta heal destroys the medkit.

Ir's I like your suggestion of no extra capacity and yes tool boxes should be tweaked some, perhaps if more than 1 person is on a gen it has worse efficiency and if 2 tb's even more so.

Also lets finally get rid of BNP's since for the price they're worthless really.

I'd redesign toolboxes to give survivors only great skillchecks while using them to help noobs with RUIN

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

@The_Crusader said:
    CronaWins said:

@The_Crusader said:

DS gets nerfed

Not really. People who rely on NOED to win the game aren't seen at higher ranks. People that run NOED as a safety perk for kills, don't get better at the game.

It's not going to boost a good player, because they know what it takes to win and know what they have to do for a 4K mid game, and that's with any killer.

If a killer has that much pressure on the map that you 'can't do totems', then the game isn't going to get into end game. You have already lost at that point.

And no, i don't think NOED changes the game much at all because it's already at the end of the game, and it can STILL be countered when it's active. It's not a game changing perk.

DS on the other hand is. There is no counter. It's not so much that the survivor get a free escape, it's the loss of pressure. You need that early game pressure to win the game as killer. Having a perk that takes that away from you is much stronger then a perk that you can only use at the end of the game.

I play both killer and survivor at rank 1 and i've played around 2k hours. I can tell you from my experience of using DS myself, that it needed the rework. And as the killer side of me who has ran NOED before, thinks it's a waste of a perk slot. I think it belongs exactly where it is.

A problem i have, is that there are killers with insta downs throughout the match as their power (or addon). I've never heard anyone complain about a Billy having an insta down the entire game, which is very easy to land, but one at the end of the game is apparently a no-no? That doesn't make sense to me.

• MaxiferPriest
    MaxiferPriest Member Posts: 189

@BACKSTABBER said:

• When all gennies are repaired, NOED + exposed warning are displayed (no need to wait to hit a surv)
    • NOED tier 3 is the only that instadowns, the tier 1 and 2 only increases your speed

NOED

dude NOED is in perfect spot. it has several counters so stop crying about it baby boy

• MhhBurgers

@MaxiferPriest said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

NOED

dude NOED is in perfect spot. it has several counters so stop crying about it baby boy

biggest issue is that the killer perks basically scale with difficulty. Most are close to useless at highranks and easily countered while lowlevel players will struggle with hexes.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@MhhBurgers said:

@MaxiferPriest said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

NOED

biggest issue is that the killer perks basically scale with difficulty. Most are close to useless at highranks and easily countered while lowlevel players will struggle with hexes.

So lets slap the only other perk that works on freddy

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited February 2019

How about this...

No One Escapes Death, Perk Level 1

• No One Escapes Death starts with 1 Token.
    • Once the Exit Gates are powered, No One Escapes Death is enabled & Survivors suffer from the Exposed Status Effect.
    • Everytime you instantly put a Survivor from any Health State into the Dying Health State using your main weapon, remove 1 Token.
    • No One Escapes Death is disabled after reaching 0 Tokens.

No One Escapes Death, Perk Level 2

• No One Escapes Death starts with 2 Tokens.
    • Once the Exit Gates are powered, No One Escapes Death is enabled & Survivors suffer from the Exposed Status Effect.
    • Everytime you instantly put a Survivor from any Health State into the Dying Health State using your main weapon, remove 1 Token.

No One Escapes Death, Perk Level 3

• Everytime you instantly put a Survivor from the Healthy Health State into the Dying Health State using your main weapon, remove 1 Token.

In case you didn't notice, i removed the Hex part. :p

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@BACKSTABBER

When in a match with NOED all totems have their size increased by 300%, emit a steady white glow and generate a small sound effect saying "Can't complain now can we!?"

Once a totem is cleansed the killer is stunned in place for 20 seconds. Once all totems are cleansed the killer is forced to quit the match. Should NOED activate the survivors will be given 30 seconds of immunity to cleanse the totem before the perk activates. All survivors receive old-school Decisive Strike while in a match with NOED.

Hopefully I've created a fair and balanced patch everyone can enjoy.

• Marvett
    Marvett Member Posts: 159
    edited February 2019

HEX: NO ONE ESCAPE DEATH
    A Hex rooting its power on hope. You are animated by the power of your Hex Totem when the Survivors are on the verge of escaping.
    Once the Exit Gates are powered, if there is a Dull Totem remaining on the Map, this Hex is applied to it.
    While this Hex is active,
    •Survivors suffer from the Exposed Status Effect
    •your movement speed is decreased by 115/110/100%.
    When this Hex is destroyed
    •Survivors no longer suffer from the Exposed Status Effect.
    •Survivors movement speed is increased by 2/3/4%
    •you get stunned for 60 seconds.

This seems fair to me.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Boss said:
    How about this...

• Everytime you instantly put a Survivor from the Healthy Health State into the Dying Health State using your main weapon, remove 1 Token.

I like the idea, but I feel it just makes NOED go back to how it was before the nerf where it became a Hex perk. It's sort of halfway between that and how it is now.

• MhhBurgers

@Orion said:

@Boss said:
    How about this...

I like the idea, but I feel it just makes NOED go back to how it was before the nerf where it became a Hex perk. It's sort of halfway between that and how it is now.

The whole idea behind hexperks is ######### bad in the first place. Experienced players will remove hexes without a problem, inexperienced players will get ridiculously stomped.

• The_Crusader
    HEX: No one escapes death

Causes 50 totems to appear on the map. When the final generator is completed, a totem becomes lit and the exit gates become locked and cannot be opened, all survivors suffer from the exposed effect and theirnaura is permanently revealed to the killed.

Itz called DeAd Bye DaYliGht So da zufivoRz sHould Be DyInnG!
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    NOED should take up two perk slots 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@brokedownpalace said:
    NOED should take up two perk slots 

Slippery slope that will just piss everyone off.

• BACKSTABBER

@Boss said:
    How about this...

dude that is exactly what I said with "Only 1/2/3 instadown hits with a counter in the perk"

but you explained it with a wall of text lol

• powerbats

@MhhBurgers said:

I'd redesign toolboxes to give survivors only great skillchecks while using them to help noobs with RUIN

That's actually good.

• powerbats

NOED, when it activates the Entity automatically mori's everyone since no one escapes death not even the killers.

• BACKSTABBER
    edited February 2019

@powerbats said:
    NOED, when it activates the Entity automatically mori's everyone since no one escapes death not even the killers.

sure, but what if some killers are un-dead like the Spirit? the entity is not THAT much powerful

should try Hakai or something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdTaSJZtbYo

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Nea is immune to Noed as she can in fact use noed on the killer that is using noed to make sure that everyone else has noed so they can truly know noed 
  • Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

@BACKSTABBER said:

NOED

I am pretty sure this post wasn’t meant to be taken seriously.....

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Nea is immune to Noed as she can in fact use noed on the killer that is using noed to make sure that everyone else has noed so they can truly know noed 
    Stop.
  • BACKSTABBER

nothing woring @Eveline let us fantasize~~

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited February 2019
    NOED should remove the Killers red stain and TR completely. If not giving it to NOED then make it a new perk.
  • MhhBurgers

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    NOED should remove the Killers red stain and TR completely. If not giving it to NOED then make it a new perk.

That's not worth a hextotem that only activates on endgame. That could be a hextotem.