If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Any Clown Mains?

Options
UltraX
UltraX Member Posts: 30

From what I have seen so far, there are no Clown mains. If you are a Clown main, please tell me your general strats with him.

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

Use bottles to throw ahead, and slow down, or to discourage routes. Don’t use him like huntress unless you got the ultra rare add on.

• UltraX
    UltraX Member Posts: 30
    Options

Do direct bottle hits slow Survivors down longer?

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@UltraX said:

Maybe with certain add ons, but normally, no.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

I'm training him to be one of my mains.
    Direct hits do not slow longer. It makes the vision slightly more blurred however.

The main way to play him isn't to direct hit anyway, but to force a survivor to go through the whole cloud.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

Avoid direct bottle hit.
    Use it to cut of path by throwing it in the direction you think the survivor is planning to go.

Throw them at window since the slowdow can sometime make them slow vault instead of quick vault wich give you opportunity for a hit or even a grab if you are lucky

You can us the smoke to "block" ligne of sight like the crack in the shack wall (don't always work depending of how the smoke decide to scatter
    example here

The two second slowdow might not seem like much but it's actually two second once they leave the smoke cloud making it actually last longer.

Always be sure to have your full stack of bottle before a chase start, if you down someone I'll advise to reload before picking them up.

You can make looping spot death zone by throwing multiple bottle along the junk that make the loop.

• DasMurich
    DasMurich Member Posts: 67
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I've been working on the Doctor, have him up to level 40 and thought he'd have a good gen suppression effect with Madness, Overcharge? (the gen one), and then Pop Goes The Weasel. 

So, once I got Overcharge to tier 3 I started running the Clown for PGTW. I'm starting to think using the clown would be better. I really like him too, very impressed with his design (visual and audio). 

So I might try the Clown with gens in mind but would also be curious about a slugger build utilizing Claurophobia. Just run around like a crazy person downing everyone. 
  • FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    Options
    UltraX said:

If it is direct to the head it seems so.
  • Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I've taken quite a large amount of joy in my clown. One of my favorite strategies on maps where generators can be on second stories such as Haddonfield or The Thompson House is to lob bottles through windows or over the fence and interrupt the work survivors are doing.

The best way I've been using my clown so far is to think of him as a sheepdog steering survivors where you want them to go and punishing them when they don't.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@UltraX said:
    From what I have seen so far, there are no Clown mains. If you are a Clown main, please tell me your general strats with him.

From my experience you need the ultra rare instadown addon. Dont try to hit the survivor directly, throw gas infront of him and then hit him directly while slowed.

The problem is that the addon is expensive AF and without it I consider him to be really weak.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited June 2018
    Options

He's worst than Huntress in every possible way. Huntress with an axe addon can slow a survivor by 30 seconds, why even use clown since the slow is only 2 sec. It doesn't prevent exhaustion which huntress addon can.

The 1 hit kill addon is weak too, you have to be at 1m and then try to hit again to down them, aiming with clown is harder. Huntress has an easier aim and just needs to make sure the axe hits them and they are down instantly. If the survivor is in a pellet you can't throw and hit simultaneously, Huntress can do this ignoring the pellet as a whole Clown can't

Huntress starts with 5 axe and Clown starts with 4 bottle

Huntress is better in every day except he's not humming and have a 5% faster move speed

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

Clown is a solid pick. I wouldn't call him top tier though. However, he certainly makes more loops viable to mind-game now, and that shouldn't be discounted.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

I mean, I've played almost nothing but Clown since his PTB.

Am I a Clown main yet?

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 836
    Options

Throw gas in front of survivors when you know they're going a specific route, otherwise aiming for them is decent when they could easily swap routes.

For loops, throw two bottles around the loop and try to pincer them.

For the killer shack and various window loops, remember to aim high (like at the shacks ceiling). The gas disperses over a larger area, making it more difficult to navigate and causes the effect to last longer if they try to run through it since it constantly refreshes every time they touch the gas.

You can also aim at high debris around loops to cover a greater area. Takes practice getting used to the throw arch and gas dispersing properties though.