Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Huntress iridescent add-on

Ever since they nerfed it, I had the feeling that taking all of your axes was really overkill. Even with the purple add-on you'd only have three hatchets. I think the nerf was kind of undeserved, and I wanted to suggest something to tweak it a little bit and eliminate the problem, that people might have had with the add-on.

The new version would no longer take away from your maximum of hatches, but also prevent the stacking with bonus hatchets. You would always have five max or minimum. This version would need you to throw your hatchets for at least eight meters of distance to trigger the instant down.

This way the wind up and stand right on top of you to instant kill would be prevented and leave you some breathing room. Skilled Huntress players wouldn't feel a difference, maybe even like the bonus axes once more. If the survivor doesn't want to get one shot and instead moves closer to you it's still in your favor, since you can just hit him again and easier at that.

What do you think about this change? Would it be alright, or is there a problem that I overlooked, if so please tell me. :)

Comments

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
    edited June 2018

I don't think so this is good idea, since lot of people complaining about one-shot add-ons anyway. That add-on would be way better than was originaly and got quickly nerfed. Also, one-shot add-on on killer that can snipe you is rly too powerfull. So nerf was well deserved and that add-on in right hands with that +2 max hatches is still rly powerfull. So no, that would be way too good.

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 326

@Buily09 said:
    I don't think so this is good idea, since lot of people complaining about one-shot add-ons anyway. That add-on would be way better than was originaly and got quickly nerfed. Also, one-shot add-on on killer that can snipe you is rly too powerfull. So nerf was well deserved and that add-on in right hands with that +2 max hatches is still rly powerfull. So no, that would be way too good.

This time it's actualy skill based though. The hatchet has to fly a minimum of eight meters to one hit down you. And I mentioned that the add-on specifically doesn't allow you to get more hatchets. You max out at five, that's it. It's not too powerful at all, since you can actively dodge, especially when the Huntress is further away.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

The main issue was actually the stack of 3 hatchets + Babushka, that was making dodging very hard to achieve against an experienced Huntress. If you pair it with your buff now, you'd get 5 hatchets + babushka, which could prove super hard to deal with tbh.

The sad fact about the Iri hatchets is simply that it now forces you to use Infantry belt.