I'm really worried about The Plague (possible survivor outcry)

Kebek
Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

From what I gathered I find her strong enough to rival nurse. I really mean this my fellow killers be prepared since survivors within this and next week will go crazy. Her power gives survivors broken status effect and when they cure themselfs they give her long range damaging ability while she has normal killer speed. I may be wrong on this one but for now I blelieve her power is very powerful.

I'm afraid that survivors might cry loud enough that they'll make devs overnerf this new really cool killer who migh finally break the nurse and billy meta.

So please anyone killer or survivor, give The plague your time and try to come out with counters towards her insted of crying for nerfs withning fist week of her release. I'm not saying to not share your feedback but don't just plainly cry that she is OP. Alway remember that even if she seems really strong we all won't have a clue how to properly play against her.

Also devs I appreciate that you are willing to design a viable high rank killer. I know that you learned from your past mistakes (like Freddy) and I hope that you won't overreact to possible outcry that might happen. I hope it won't but based on all killer releases it probably will.

So thank you for creating such an amazing concept of a killer with really great and hopefully powerful ability.

You've done pretty good job so far if I may say so myself.

Comments

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited March 2019

My favorite part about your post is that you threw freddy under the bus and not legion.

So Brave, yet so controversial.

<3

• Kebek

Freddy was actually decent at release. He was a slugger. Then survivors cried and he got trashed. Legin is just broken from the core but still powerful if survivors are slow on the gens.

Also devs mentioned in the past that they won't react as harshly like they did when Freddy came out so it came natural to me to mention him.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

you give advice to others about something that did not happen yet. Are you projecting?

• Kebek

Yes but that didn't happen only because clown isn't all that powerfull, Spirit is one big mindgame and Legin is fundamentally flawed so he can't be buffed or nerfed.

The plague has potencial to become new meta besides nurse and we all know how survivors feel about powerfull killers.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Oh I know. I'm just so used to seeing people throw legion in when mentioning the devs killer release history that it was refreshing.

• Gorgonia

Play her first, judge after

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

I don't think she'll be as strong as nurse, She might be strong but nowhere close to nurse.

Survivors need a good reason to cleanse themselves otherwise her power is useless.

If the power up from the fountain was permanent then she probably would rival nurse but We don't know yet how long the power up lasts from the fountain, If it isn't that long she'll probably be good but not top tier.

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359

She doesnt look that powerful doesnt her power just make you cough and cant heal? That's not really nerf worthy

• Kebek

Just predicting that power level of The plague might be high enough that another review bombing could happen.

I just want new meta killer that's all. If my prediction is corrent then survivors will give so much negative feedback that she may be nerfed enough to be just another mid tier killer.

• Gorgonia

Sigh

• Kebek

Have you ever faced full speed huntress while which has NOED all game and machinegun hatches ? Since The plague has potencial to be that.

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765

I’m actually really looking forward to playing her. Plague mechanics are sort of a thing with me and I love the idea and play styles behind them.

I like the hit it and let it suffer mentality that comes with abilities like these.

But it’s the perks I’m interested in. Imagine playing Doctor and getting a survivor’s madness up, then smacking them and lettting them spread your madness for a while.

• Kebek

That's actually what I'm advising to survivors or killers with this thread. I just want people not to overreact.

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359

Oh boy then I can already smell a nerf. If she really is that powerful than it will eventually happen

• theanimal41
    theanimal41 Member Posts: 32

Personally I think she and her perks will over time fall into a good category maybe a few number changes needed but still seems like a well thought of killer. But I think the the survivor perks might be underpowered and extremely situational. I could be wrong about them but I think that they seem a little weak considering they are bringing in a really good killer with really good perks.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

So I heard that once you cleanse yourself the fountain becomes corrupted and only turns to normal if the Killer activates it to buff their power. Theoretically the Killer can get everyone to corrupt the fountains then never get her powerup and deny the Survivors from cleansing themselves again forcing them all to be Broken the entire match and vomit.

If this is what can happen she'll be super powerful, I hope this happens and that this will be ok, I don't want this ######### to get nerfed.

• Kebek

Probably not as much but close to that she may be. I'm just saying that there is potencial not that she IS that powerful. That's why I'm concerned about how survivors might react to such powerful killer on their first few games against her.

I really wish that she won't get Freddy threatment.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I hope her power is not as strong as you think. She seems pretty interesting, but we don't need a nurse level killer. Honest killers can admit that 3-4k is already the norm. I don't want the lobbies of red ranks to spread beyond due to survivor fatigue.

That said, 2 perks greatly concern me.

1. Corrupt Intervention: This could quickly become the meta as it will be seen as a counter to supposed gen rush. It directly counters the reason of one of shroud offerings, and likely will force games into hide and seek for a bit. This will be great for Trapper, Hag, and others while being extremely OP on Nurse, Billy, Spirit and Legion who can all cover distance fast and lock down interior gens. Do they ever play devil's on how these perks interact with other killers and perks?

Solidarity: Nerf healing, then give healing a seriously powerful perk? This will quickly be meta and is way better than self care. Will this interact with heal-boosting perks like We'll Make It and Botany Knowledge? Two injured survivors healed in less than 10 seconds. This will be a truly legit reason to camp the hook as it is the only counter to slow down that perk. Again, consequences of one perk don't seem to be taken into consideration.

Counter Ideas:

1. Corrupt Intervention: The entity causes one generator per tier to automaticallt begin degenerating when no survivor is working on it. If an effected generator is then kicked, the rate of degeneration is doubled. Only one generated is effected at a time per tier level of the perk. This makes the perk effective all game, and extends the game. Furthermore, the survivors may not know it is active for some time, and when they figure it out, they have to make tough choices of leaving the gen to save or staying. Furthermore, this encourages pushing survivors off the gens instead of camping the hook.

2. Solidarity: This perk purges one status effect per tier from the user each time they heal another survivor to full. This encourages team play as a way to slow down the new killer powers, and does not break healing vs other killers.

I just don't want to see things out of hand. I think these perks could be very damaging and seriously alter gameplay.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

It depends on how annoying her power is tbh, right now with the info it reads like a possible madness 2.0.

If that is the case then the idea of making a killer fun and strong sort of goes out the window, madness is not a fun mechanic but it isn't complained about that much as its tolerable because the doc isn't that strong, if it does end up madness 2.0 she could end up on the same boat.

The other thing is the pools, if they make her stronger how weak is she in the beginning? Is this a power that grows to an ok or strong level over time and how long does that take? If her power is overall annoying then gen rushing and getting out is the goto solution just like versus legion.

No point screwing around when you can just leave when she is weak, I am waiting to see how she is of course so I am just speculating.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

She seems really fun to go against tbh, imagine trying to dodge a killer that has the power to spew vomit at you. Would make for some entertaining chases, her vomit doesn't seem to slow you down but it will do some serious damage.

• Kebek

I was more focused on debating about Plague's power but sure I'll bite.

I think that neither of those two will become stable meta perks.

Corrupt intervention can't stop gen rushing since survivors are in control over pace of the game. If nobody touches gens in the time while it's active then killer won't get any benefit from it since finding survivors who aren't doing gens is quite hard unless you play doc. If killer isn't chasing anyone then he's not progressing the match so CI is only powerfull against solo survivors who are already weak against so many things that this won't really matter.

Solidarity is just imao outclassed by SC so running both seems like overkill to me.

I personally find all the perks to be quite balanced since they have their uses but aren't useful for everyone.

• Kebek

I think her vomit won't become new madness since it has to hit you directly unlike madness.

All depends on how long it takes for her sickness to reach it's full strenght. If it's too long she may be underpowered if too shor she may actually be overpowered. If devs hit the sweet spot with it we might get killer that grows significantly more powerful as much goes on.

So as always she gets countered by rushing gens xD. As all killers do. From my perspective she seems fun. We'll see how strong she is soon enough.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

She has 115%, so still better than most of the killers.

I will definitely give her a try

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Just as I expected

A post on a killer that is not out yet

• twistedmonkey

She can also infect objects I beleive so touching gens? Pallets? Totems? Who knows right now.

Every killer can be countered by gen rush of course but I was referring to those that look for totems, chests, sabo etc instead of doing those you want to gen rush to just end the match.

That is the difference between a fun or tedious killer mechanic.

Personally if I come accross legion I'm out asap, no healing, no totems it's gens and out.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    edited March 2019

The plague can attack normally and vomit on interactables. Hardly overpowered but far from underpowered.

The Plague seems most like Huntress but a little faster. Instead if hatchets you get a splurt of vomit which will obviously have add ons which make it more troublesome for survivors.

I feel like the only reason people are comparing her to nurse is because they assume smoke equals teleport just like nurse. I say read up on the ins and out before being so skeptical.

• sandm0614
    sandm0614 Member Posts: 5

Doesn't the voimit stay on the ground for a few. Good for counter looping.

• nøbødy
    nøbødy Member Posts: 37

Any surv main complains about anything killer related because they still can't figure out they're not entitled to survive each match. I wouldn't worry too much.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
  • Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533

How do you nerf vomit

• MhhBurgers
    edited March 2019

He doesn't know 2 things: Vomit doesn't do damage unless survivors cleanse the vomit.

Vomit only afflicts broken status if the killer previously visited one of the CORRUPTED wells which will probably often cost too much time.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Solidarity really seems overrated. If you want to heal yourself and another player then it takes 32 seconds per person that needs to be healed (yes 16 seconds, but since 2 people are doing it that makes it effectively 32 seconds). So healing both of you takes 64 seconds. With this perk it reduces the time to 48 seconds instead saving 16 seconds. Is that good? Yes. Is that broken or OP? Not at all, it has conditions to activate and the numbers aren't big enough to be considered OP.

• twistedmonkey
    edited March 2019

Those numbers are for self care not healing others.

Healing another is 16 seconds and while you do it you get to 50% health so if they heal you it then takes 8 seconds so 24s in total.

If you are talking about time they are not on gens also and they both healed via self care then yes it's in theory its 16 seconds time saved only.

Post edited by twistedmonkey on
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Straight up...

The power role should be powerful...

• NuclearBurrito

No I'm talking about healing others. The effective time lost is twice as much as the actual time lost since it means there are 2 survivors that can't be doing other things rather than 1.

Think of it this way. Every actual second that passes survivors have the potential to have 4 seconds of progress. If a survivor dies or is slugged/on the hook that number goes down by 1 of course. Every second a survivor spends healing another survivor is a second that both of them aren't doing anything else, so a second in real time in that case is 2 seconds of survivor time.

This is why self care is mathematically balanced. If 2 people self care to heal it will take exactly as much time as if they worked together to heal each other, thus self care does not speed up healing at all nor does it slow it down. You can of course bring up a bunch of other reasons for why self care is insanely good, but actual time saved isn't one of them.

• MhhBurgers
    edited March 2019

Self care is still OP because 2 survivors healing themselves with selfcare is faster than them healing each other if you consider the time they take to find each other, it becomes insane once more than 2 survivors are wounded because then selfcare is a ridiculous timesaver and one of the reasons why killers have a hard time pressuring against genrushes, I have no idea how to balance selfcare tho nor do I think it needs further nerfing. Imo it shouldn't increase the efficiency of Medkits tho because why does a perk this strong need a second effect.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

I'm really hopeing she is strong we need more killers that are viable and from the looks of it she will be

• NuclearBurrito

Oh I don't disagree, self care is an amazing perk. I was just making a point about how the time save aspect works.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

I don't worry that much. Have faith in the devs.

I think they knew what kind of killer the plague would be, the PTB will help to tweak her numbers and effects.

In my eyes the devs come a long way since Freddy and with more confident in themselves and their product they will let the plague be the plague and let us time to figure out, what works, what doesn't.

What are her counter and so on.

You can tell what you want about the devs and the killers, even the most op killers have clear weaknesses and play around.

As an older gamer I am used to play against a challenge, take my time to figure out how things work and overcome them. I really love, that the devs don't dumbed down the game and make it too easy for both parties.

Really great job!

• branchini1979
    branchini1979 Member Posts: 295

The comment theme with top tier killers is map pressure. This killer has a good mechanic but minus the map pressure, so potentially a nice balanced mid tier killer

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Do we know what sort of negative effects being really sick brings?

• e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189
    edited March 2019

More Killer hand-holding I see.

But was anyone really surprised at that, no.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Did I miss the part where the Devs said what exactly the effect of "sickness" will be??

Some people stat it here like it is clear for everyone. Where did I miss that info?

• MhhBurgers

Yeah let's ignore that currently only 2 killers can hope to defeat great survivors

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

I feel you. I am worried that my hopes and dreams of a viable powerful killer will upset the survivor mains big time.