The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Legion is unplayable because of people disconnecting against them

Comments

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Yesterday I gave a shot vs Legion as somebody used BPS. Surprise it was moonwalking Legion so yeah back to insta leaving vs Legion.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

I'm actually fine if Legion gets a rework so it's honestly whatever on that end. I just care with people DCing, but I can't stop a person if they're gonna do so. I play both sides and it sucks either way when it happens.

@BoxingRouge

How's Asylum sound Jakey boi?

• Claudette_Baguette
    Claudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567

I agree that legion is annoying to play against but disconnecting/killing yourself on hook just is unfun for your teammates and for the killer, that won't help the already bad situation with the legion.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890

It helps you end an unfun situation for yourself. You play this game for fun. Facing Legion is not fun. So you end it A.S.A.P.

Very straight forward.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    edited March 2019

If I don't like broken items swf has in the lobby I will dodge. Very straight forward.

If they pick coldwind farm or map I don't like I will dc. Very straight forward.

If they have ds I will dc. Very straight forward.

I just want to have fun.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@powerbats sorry I’m responding so late, usually I favorite threads I comment on but I didn’t this time. But you’re right it isn’t survivors job to care about the killers fun, it isn’t either sides job to care about their opponents fun. We should just say gg and move on.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693
    edited March 2019

True, Nurse is fun to see how I can predict her direction and confuse her, despite the little counters the better the killer is. LEGION however, even though I never escaped from them(once almost escaped just today, died trying to open gate stupidly after saving someone) it isn't exactly fun to play against someone that causes bleeding and jumps pallets. Yes, Nurses can dodge pallets, but I can use pallets to confuse the Nurses on where I could be. That is why Nurse is a higher tier character compared to the Legion.

• Lanis_
    Lanis_ Member Posts: 183

Because playing vs legion is boring and annoying and i want play for having fun and good time.

• GrootDude

Spirit is the least fun imo.

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810
    edited March 2019

IVE NEVER AGREED WITH A POST MORE

She's not boring, she's just stale in comparison to other killers.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

Hold on, I'm going to go test this out >:D

• GrootDude

@Orion said: There's only one solution: everyone should play the Legion until all the DCers get banned.

Yes!!! Please anything but spirit!

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@twistedmonkey You can't compare these things. Killers dodge lobbies because they don't want to play an unbalanced game. Survivors dc on Legion because they don't want to play an unfun game.

There's a logical fix to lobby dodging: Balance the game so there is no reason to dodge anymore.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

I don't quit against Legion, but I will against Hillbilly.

LEgion isn't even as bad to face as Doctor most of the time.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    edited March 2019

Yesterday yes, Legion needed rework

Now, not, cuz I purchased em 🤪

If u cant own em, join em

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

They aren't for me, and they aren't for many others

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

You forgot one thing: suiciding on 1st hook. U will never be able to punish survivors cuz devs will never punish suiciding on hook.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
  • Orion

So killers are at fault for not facing things they don't feel like they can handle, and are also at fault for taking precautions against things they don't feel like they can handle. Simultaneously, survivors are completely justified in DCing against things they don't feel like they can handle.

No double standard here, no sir.

• Orion

At least you bought the team however long it took to put you on the hook, which is slightly more than the team would get from you DCing.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

There's a huge difference in dcing against a moonwalk exploiting Legion and versing a group comp you may not like. The former has absolutely no counter and the latter actually has things you can do to counter.

• Orion

Scroll up, that person was complaining about legitimate play (use of add-ons).

• Claudette_Baguette

There's literally no difference between killing yourself on hook and disconnecting.

• Ember_Hunter

I have only experienced full team disconnects a few times, but not for Legion, but for Clown, Wraith, etc.

Still, I never disconnect from Legion, despite the meager chances of me being able to escape them, because to me disconnecting is a bad thing. Of course there is a rare chance that when a single person disconnects, they had a good reason too, like for me once, I had to get off to help someone in real life.

When more than one person disconnects, I know that something is up. I also hate when killers disconnects, wastes time and really good offerings I gave up for the game. I wish that offering could be returned if wasted. If people disconnects in the middle of a game, the gen count should automatically go down by one unless there was one more gen left.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

No it is not fun for me to stay in the corner while survivors click their flashlights, I will dc. Very straight forward. Find new game where I might have fun. Not playing is not fun.

• Orion

That has no bearing on the conversation. You said it was not OK for killers to dodge when they don't think they can win, and implied it was not OK for them to bring in add-ons to deal with those situations. You also implied that it was OK for survivors to DC when killers brought in add-ons they couldn't deal with.

Either it's OK for killers to dodge and to bring in whatever they have to deal with tough situations, or it's not OK for survivors to DC when they're faced with something they can't deal with. You can't have it both ways.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

I play Legion because I’m fed up with the balance issues and I use the DCing to my advantage.

See, my philosophy is, “If I’m not allowed to play the game, then neither are the Survivors.”

• paint1210
    paint1210 Member Posts: 95

My suggestion

Let dev change system cannot esc from game and not allow to struggle in hook stage 1 and automatically space in stage 2 hook.

Questions settle

• Claudette_Baguette

To be honest Legion is not that good. Even with mixtape it takes a decent amount of time to down someone, much longer than a competent nurse does. Also, don't forget that survivor's don't need to heal against legion so they save a lot of time they can spend on repairing gens.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

person 1: I dont like legion so I dc. he's broken and unfun

person 2: *lays out counters to legion, as if it'll change anything, while completely ignoring why people don't like him*

me: \(-_-)/

• Claudette_Baguette

Legion NEEDS a rework. However, if people just DC against them all the time it's just unfun for everyone.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

Try playing a less sweaty Legion and people won’t dc. Not saying you do but I changed my build into something average and I can still have fun and let the others have fun as well. Legion is annoying as hell to play against if they are all tuned up

• mint
    mint Member Posts: 35

Even after equipping iron maiden and haunting ground.. people still DC. No ruin.. no M&A. It's kind of annoying. I paid for the DLC i should be able to use it :(

• mint
    mint Member Posts: 35

The funny thing is... when all 4 survivors stay.. all the gens end up getting done pretty darn quick. Some survivors might go the whole match without even interacting with me

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

I’ve played 20 hours the past two weeks. This is the most consistent I’ve played DBD since December. (I started playing in beta, and always stuck around.)

I don’t care about the balance, imbalance or whatever. I just casually play the game these days.

I played against a Legion today, and granted I haven’t played him much but.. #########? It is such an unfun experience.

I wanted the match to end so badly. You have to hope you don’t get seen, period. Which in a real game will almost never happen. If you’re seen, there seems to be no juke potential?

I finished out the game and then logged off and played something else. I wasn’t even mad, maybe a bit disappointed. I remember why I stopped playing so much when they first came out.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    edited March 2019

I haven't needed to do the "no look" cheese since the PTB. And MOST of the legions I play against don't do it. Not since we figured out that putting a CD add-on on feral frenzy is far, far more effective.

No look cheesing makes a chase last way, way to long. You can do it, sure. But you are losing at least 1 gen (if you are lucky, remember that people genrush legion hard)

It's actually funny. Legion isn't actually a strong killer, unless you perk him right (read: perked to your style, there isn't a one true setup but I favor a gen protector build), and know how to apply map pressure. But people act like he's the nurse (but for some reason they are ok with he nurse... Who ignores walls... And floors... And not legion who...Jumps windows and pallets, unless smacked with a pallet, and takes 4 hits of his power to down which will stun him twice, base)

Let's be honest. Content Creators made this problem. This is an opinion based on feeling, and not facts. Peoples favorite creators hate on legion and actively D/C when they see them, and their followers start doing the same. Those people meet at least 3 others per match that see this happen, and start to do it. And it spreads. As the games get worse and worse, more and more people join the hate.

• Ember_Hunter

Hmm

What changes could be made so the LEgion would ACTUALLY be fun to play against? And still make him fun to play with?

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited March 2019

Legion is just poorly designed, anyone who played survivor can confirm that vaulting and running is very easy; now, the only thing different with Legion is that you have to hit... *Drum Rolls* M1 while vaulting and running! Don't you see the problem??? There's no skill involved in those actions and you'll get the same results with Legion everytime because his power is too straightforward, there's nothing that separates a good Legion from a bad one besides sensitivity.

Another thing, I've played against a Frank's Legion and it was awful because I simply didn't feel like I was outplayed at all. If I get downed by a Nurse, I accept that because it took skill to land that blink while on the other hand, using Frenzy does not. Legion just needs a rework, his power doesn't have a learning curve to it and it doesn't reward players who spend hours on him because his power is too straightforward.

• jordirex
    jordirex Member Posts: 204

Legion is much Boring to play against than nurse. Nurse can be mindgamed and has it's counters in chase. Legion is just running straight forward until you get hit 4 times. It's really boring. I undestand why people dc.