The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Legion is unplayable because of people disconnecting against them

Comments

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

And ruin the chance for everyone else to win? I thought you were reasonable but you are the same as them.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

Or how about you just play the ######### game. I could understand if survs did this against frank's mixtape same as I can understand omegablink nurse or iridescent hatchets+infantry belt but maybe just try playing the game instead of immediately DCing because it's the community agreed upon behaviour right now? Imagine if killers did this shizz on haddonfield, cornfields etc. You'd have a DC in 40% of your games.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890

There is nothing reasonable about wasting your free time on something you are not enjoying. People play this game for fun. Why should they endure tedium and frustration? That's illogical and idiotic.

I don't play this game for other people's enjoyment. Nobody else should either.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

It doesn’t get better against r1 legions. I’d rather go against a r7 legion any day Bc they haven’t completely figured him out 😂

they think their life is tough against him in browns-purple. COME TO RED AND STAY IN RED AT RANK 1. You’ll beg to face r7 legions.

• MhhBurgers

This is a multiplayer game with 3 ppl depending on you. Maybe look for another game then. DBD is the only game where this ######### gets accepted because the devs don't have faith in their product and community. Any other game punishes you for leaving a TeamPvP match that you don't like. And punishments WILL get worse with dedicated servers where devs will be able to get more accurate stats about DCers.

I certainly don't have fun playing vs a nurse because her whole ######### concept is the most broken BS that I have seen in any game, yet I will still not DC and still try to evade her (which btw is more futile than trying to T-wall a legion if the nurse is not an absolute scrub or you're on the game/lery's/cornfield on certain areas) and then inevitably die, the only difference is I won't struggle in p2 if the match is over anyways because I hate the struggle-######### in general already and I don't feel like it's worth bashing the spacebar for a minute just so 1 guy COULD get the hatch.

• MhhBurgers

Also I had a ton of ppl who were surprised that they could have fun against a legion player who does more than just tunnel the ######### out of 1 guy.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

Yeah non tunneling legions that apply map pressure are more fun to go against.

Tunneling legions not so much.

R1 you see it all though, and they’re good at whichever playstyle they do.

• Eveline

Thanks for making clear what kind of person are you. You can't call anyone else selfish when you approve people suiciding and ruining teammates.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932
    edited March 2019

Pls delete.

• Eveline

Dwight funny how you call others selfish and yet you approve of suicide on hook and screwing your teammates. Nice hypocrisy.

• ToxicAddiction
    ToxicAddiction Member Posts: 58

You are why there should be real penalties for disconnects. You have no regard for others fun and complain they have no regard for yours- the definition of a pitiful, whining hypocrite.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited March 2019

There is no hypocrisy. I did not call "others" selfish, I said you specifically were selfish for deliberately trying to make people angry and create a hostile environment on the forums. That achieves nothing other than to create needless toxicity. Not to mention its against forum rules.

Dying on the first hook in a match you are not enjoying is neither selfish nor a breach of rules. Its ending a joyless experience for you, you are giving the killer the sacrifice points, and not denying them a possible advancement toward an achievement. Explain why anyone should waste their precious free time enduring something they are finding completely tedious? Just to appease a bunch of strangers they don't know? You don't play a game for the entertainment and enjoyment of others. You play it for yourself.

Crying foul that its screwing your team mates is like crying foul over being camped and tunneled. The killer's not concerned with what you like or dislike, so we have to suffer the very unfun experience of camping and tunneling killers. Its frustrating, its not fun for survivors, but its perfectly legit in the game rules, and the killer's right to do so. Its why I don't condone dc'ing because just like playing as killer you are going in knowing you may face situations you don't like. If you play this game then you are accepting the rules that go with it. You make your bed, you lie in it. You have two options in a match you are not enjoying for what ever reason. You can endure the tedium of it, or you can end it A.S.A.P. within the rules of the game and move on to a hopefully better fun match.

This situation is no different. You want to end a tedious match, then die on the first hook. You don't owe anyone anything. You're not obligated in any way to stay in a match you are finding a total chore. You're not breaching the game rules.

• Eveline

Screwing teammates is not selfish? I am done talking.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited March 2019

No its not. Because you don't owe anyone in the game anything. Survivors are not entitled to survive. Killers are not entitled to kills. Players are not obligated morally or otherwise to endure a whole match they are not enjoying just so the other survivors have a better shot at surviving. Your one and only concern is your own enjoyment within the rules of the game, of course.

I cannot explain it any more than I have already. You don't agree. Fine. Then not discussing it any further is a good idea. There's only so many times you can make the same point. As the saying goes you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

• pungent_stench
    pungent_stench Member Posts: 131

no, it actually isn't and has been verfied on this forum many times. opinions do not make facts.

• MhhBurgers

Imagine ppl like that infesting games like League with no Penalty, they would be unplayable. Glad that only a minority thinks like this.

• Claudette_Baguette
    Claudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567

I got another Legion daily and it took me 2 games to apply 4 deep wounds on different survivors because the first team immediately disconnected and I farmed with 2 remaining guys of the second team...

I payed for this DLC to be able to play the killer, this is unacceptable!

• MhhBurgers

Upside is that deranged pursuit is incredibly easy while farming lol

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

Worst after Legion DCs is when killer do not befriend u and slaughters ya anyways, so I DCed

• Aceonfire
    Aceonfire Member Posts: 304

Behavior nerfed healing, buffed the perks that slow healing (or made them relevant) then released a killer who (while most should understand this by now) causes survivors to go around and heal the entire match when they shouldn't be.

This was not enough to break of the Self Care meta unfortunately and caused a huge break in continuity of game play and quite simply, enjoyment.

Survivors still run to the far corner and spend 90-120 seconds healing themselves.

A legion running ruin, mix tape, sloppy butcher and than? See ya. Survivors gonna keep DC'n on ya. You run that build you can pretty much guarantee it and there is no blame but yourself.

Same thing goes with a well practiced nurse or billy. You run ruin and OP perks when you have the skill to make the game fun without them? See ya.

• Claudette_Baguette
    Claudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567

Just don't heal against Legion. He is a 110% movement speed killer so he will not catch up easily without his power. Any survivor should be able to loop a Legion for a while unless he uses his power. But when he uses his power he has to hit you for 4 times so that takes a while where the other teammates can do gens. Even with mixtape it takes way longer than any decent nurse can down you.

The fact that you don't heal against Legion gives you a lot more time to repair gens so it's actually easier to gen rush.

Just adapt to meta changes, there is a no heal meta right now and I haven't used selfcare in ages either. You don't need it. Deadhard is really good and adrenaline and that's all you need basically.

And don't complain about ruin, that makes you look like a bad survivor if you ask me. Any killer can use ruin and it's not hard at all to hit great skill checks. Ruin gets cleansed very easily anyway so that's not a problem if you are a good survivor.

• Aceonfire

very obvious you did not read my post so here is a bunny with a pancake on it's head, which is more relevant than your response. :) :)

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

With the way this "match making test" is going constantly causing freezing load screens, infinite load screens, mid-game crashes... then factor in salty killers and survivors who dc(for all toxic reasons) then account for those who DC due to real life emergencies, issues etc it's like they're basically forcing you to SWF. I might suicide if i'm getting tunneled but I usually reserve DCing over something my 'teammate' has done.

• MhhBurgers

oh wow great, so because bhvr didn't implement a rule where basically working against your own team is not punishable it's okay.

• Aceonfire

BHVR rules say DC'n to gain an unfair advantage. I DC because there are times when the game's programming and planning make it very "not fun"

Maybe some people have lost the idea that a game is supposed to be entertaining and fun, which is why we spend out money on it.

If a game ever forced me to not have fun and punished me for not suffering such, it would be uninstalled and my money would go elsewhere.

• pungent_stench
    pungent_stench Member Posts: 131
    edited March 2019

it is ok. that is why some things are rules and others are not. this has already been decided. do you suggest we have volunteers from the community go to people's houses and force them to stay in lobbies that are unpleasant?

sometimes, there are events in life that we find disagreeable. it is at that time, we figure out a way to persevere. good luck.

• MhhBurgers

Go elsewhere then, do this in any competitive game and you're banned. BHVR doesn't enforce their rules because too many of the community are doing this.

• The_Bogeyman
    The_Bogeyman Member Posts: 269
    edited March 2019

Heh get off that soap box. Unacceptable says you. Ain't unacceptable to get out of Legion town when that crap is super super annoying to play.

• MhhBurgers

Should I just DC on every SWF game then? Or everytime a survivor exploits Palletlooping? sod off.

• The_Bogeyman
    edited March 2019

Heh that's advice you should take bub. Why don't you and the two jail birds sod off elsewhere if you don't like how bhvr handles it. You're the ones whining here that peeps don't stay in your crappy Legion matches and get away with it.

Hard cheese. Bugger off to another game that has management you like better.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

I ask again, what does jailing have to do with a person's argument? Entity I hate people like you. I bet you wouldn't take the argument of someone who only has a single digit post too, yea?

His argument is sound, any other game would ban you or utterly wreak you for dcing, BHVR should be doing the same to people who dc too often.

Suicides on hook is a... Gray subject. There are many reasons why a person might suicide, I myself had to suicide cause I was needed in real life. But shameless dc is not something I stand by.

• The_Bogeyman
    edited March 2019

Nah fam you should lobby dodge swfs. Don't play killer if you can't handle pallet loopers heh.

• MhhBurgers

You never played any competitive game like League or Dota2 or Heroes of the storm then, if you leave you get punished. If you end the game faster by not playing with your team and letting the enemy push, you also get punished (altho this takes alot of reports). If you do the same in CSGO..guess what...you get punished. Overwatch etc, you catch my drift.

• MhhBurgers

I had a guy in my local gaming store at a warhammer tournament outright throw the game because I was playing a very cheesy list with the strongest army. Guess what. Disqualified. If you wanna show bad sportsmanship maybe not play at all.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited March 2019

I catch your drift, but I don't agree with it for reasons I have already explained ad nauseum. I suggest again go and play those other games you keep citing instead. They obviously run things more to your liking.

Let me also clarify something else I have not mentioned before. I find no gratification in players like Claudette_Baguette who made this topic, or anyone else saying they cannot get any satisfactory games as the Legion. I think its terrible that any players who paid good money on the DLC cannot get the enjoyment they hoped for from it. You're loyal players. You're supporting the game buying their content. It sucks. It really does.

But I do not blame the player base for that (except the ones who break game rules and dc from Legion games). I put the blame on the developers for the bad design of Legion gameplay mechanics which has alienated most of the player base. But even the devs have admitted to their error on that. Hopefully they rectify it somehow. Otherwise in a year's time you're still going to be here complaining about not being able to get proper Legion games.

• MhhBurgers

The only real reason to DC against legion is a frank's mixtape legion, that addon needs to be ultra-rare, other than that there's no reason to both suicide or DC. if it's not legion it's another killer so what's the point.

• Eveline

Why even argue? It is clear that they defend doing something bad, there is no point in arguing with these people. Let them do whatever they want until they are banned from the game.

• Dwight_Fairfield

A toxic and illogical attitude. Very typical of you. I am not going to get banned because I do not dc from Legion matches.

Is that the kind of angry response you were hoping for?

• Aceonfire
    edited March 2019

All multi-player games are competitive in some form, in all but the most care-bear of PoE games. Even then there is some level of competition usually. (who can out damage who or who has more items etc..etc..)

It's people like you that need to go elsewhere. Go play CS Go or LoL or Dota where other players take their games as serious as you.

DBD is so far from being anything that could be considered esport/pro / serious competition gameplay it's absolutely mind boggleing that a person would even lightly regard it in that manner. Or perhaps you are just trolling. In the hopes that intellgent life on planet earth has not devolved to that of a donkey with a half a brain with a deformity to boot, I'm going to just hope you were trolling.

• Eveline

Lol how is that toxic? Screwing teammates on the other hand is. If someone disagrees with your bad actions it doesn't make them toxic.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited March 2019

How is that toxic? I have said time and again I do not dc, nor am I defending or condoning those who do dc, yet you say let us "do what we want" until we get banned.

Why would I be banned when I am not breaching any rules? This position of yours is devoid of any logic. So either you are not capable of logical thinking, or you're just trying to be toxic and elicit angry responses again. Given your track record I'm inclined to lean towards the latter.

• MhhBurgers
    edited March 2019

You don't really get that no matter if you're suiciding or not, if you suicide just against ANY legion then your argument is out of the window, you are not screwing over the legion player but the ppl who wanted to just legitimately play the game. I don't care if you and your 4man SWF all suicide on hook. I don't have to go play another game, I don't DC and the only time I suicide on hook is for the self-unhook achievement.

Also I won't even answer the 19 post masked ad-hominem guy who can't grasp simple facts and thinks I play this game competitively at all.

• Eveline

But you are suiciding on the hook and you are the one who found yourself in my post I didn't meant just you. There are lots of people here who defend dcing. You are the one being illogical thinking there is nothing morally wrong in screwing other prople.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited March 2019

You don't really get that no matter if you're suiciding or not, whether you are putting your team at a disadvantage or not does not matter. Repeat it does not matter. You as a player are not obligated to stay in the match if you are not enjoying it. You play the game for enjoyment. Not to appease the entertainment of others.

You're in the same choir as those who complain about camping and tunneling. They say its not fun, its screwing players, it ruins games etc. It is certainly not fun for those on the receiving end of being camped and tunneled, but since when is the onus on the killer player to make sure all the survivors are having a jolly good time and being given a fair chance to get off the hook?

Some people live in a bubble of fantasy. When reality pops that bubble they cry foul and scream for punishments to be handed out.