The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Legion is unplayable because of people disconnecting against them

Comments

• jordirex
    jordirex Member Posts: 204

The problem is not about winning or losing. The problem is that legion is boring asf to play against. As a survivor your skill in chases doesn't matter, if he wants he will take you down after charging the power a couple of times, and there is no counterplay. That doesn't mean that he won't get rushed anyway but the thing is, he sucks, simply as that. No chases, no fun. I don't enjoy pressing m1 and hiding.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

Cool, should killers Start dcing optimized loopers ans coordinated swf then?

• MhhBurgers

Ppl complain about no counterplay, yet prefer to face nurse. Touting what their favourite streamers are saying like sheep.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

I think they rather play against Nurse because Nurse actually takes skill to play.

• MhhBurgers
    edited March 2019

Every base mechanic in dbd takes very little skill to begin with. There's a huge difference between some r7 Legion and a r1 Legion which mainly boils down to understanding when to do what like on any killer. Playing Legion is no more brain dead than playing brute force Wraith or Freddy.

• Mc_Harty
    edited March 2019

What's the difference between those ranks when ranks don't mean that much in the first place?

Also Wraith and Freddy take more skill to play then Legion.

• MhhBurgers

Can't take you seriously at all if you think ranks don't mean much yet you have fogwhisperers depipping on purpose. I looped a r7 Legion yesterday, he NEVER even got me with his power because I stunned him all the time when he used it. He Ever with 4 gens left. Tried to do adept Legion but probably thought just like you that it's gonna be easyyy.

If Legion took no skill then every game against every Legion would be the same

• Mc_Harty
    edited March 2019

Fogwhispers depip becasue they despise rank 1. No idea why you brought them up considering we are talking about the Legion. You still haven't told me the "huge" difference between rank 1 legion and a rank 7 one.

Also if you looped a Legion then that Legion was ######### terrible.

And every game is the ######### same with him.

• MhhBurgers

They despise r1 because r1 is MUCH harder on average than r6+. They want to entertain their viewers by bullying noobs which is seldom possible at r1.

How can that Legion be terrible if Legion takes no skill

• Mc_Harty
    edited March 2019

Yeah, harder to find matches...

Legion is terrible because he takes no skill. Why do you think the devs put Deep Wound on him? Just press and button to ignore everything that hinders every other killer.

The only other killer that compares to that ######### is Nurse and as other people have mentioned she takes skill to play and despite that Freddy is better than Legion because of Legions dumb-down mechanics.

• Claudette_Baguette
    Claudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567
    edited March 2019

I haven't had a SINGLE game as Legion today where people didn't disconnect or gave up. Literally every game ended in a 5 gen 4 man because people just DC... So boring.

I payed for this DLC and I want to be able to PLAY IT!

• MhhBurgers

LUL it takes literally 1 minute to find a match at R1-3 if you're solo in which they could interact with their viewers.

You said that legion player was terrible, not that legion was terrible (which he also is because of 110% ms).

Just hate ppl like you riding on the mainstream train, 0 thought of their own. Legion will not be reworked and he also will not be nerfed. Devs need to get their ######### together and punish DCers but they're too afraid to punish their fogwhisperers.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

At least you can get them banned. Lol. They deserve ban since they suck at the game so much.

• Mc_Harty
    edited March 2019

I said that Legion player was terrible because imagine getting looped as Legion. That's almost as ridiculous as getting looped as Nurse. You'll have to be the most boosted killer for that to happen to you.

Whatever you say, hipster. The devs will rework Legion simply because they're 'not happy with him'. It's only a matter of time. If your that uptight because people think a killer is #########, I cannot wait to see how you'll react when they fix him.

Also who the ######### cares about fog-whispers in a Legion thread? No idea why you brought them up in the first place other than to virtue signal.

And you still haven't told me that "huge" difference between a Rank 7 Legion and a Rank 1.

• MhhBurgers

The only thing that legion needs is 115% ms and removal of frank's mixtape. Give us a purple addon to give us unlimited duration on sprint, I'd much prefer that.

• MhhBurgers
    edited March 2019

Have fun with that rework in 3+ years then right after the freddy rework LOL. If you think I'm gonna main him in this time still then you're out of your mind.

Hipster because I go by logic instead of what ppl are touting mindlessly ROFL.

-A new legion player can't even judge the ######### distance on his power and will either respect the pallet too hard and lose his power or get palletstunned (base duration frank's mixtape legion without duration CAN be misstimed which is what most of the legion noobs are playing).

-A good legion will make you drop that pallet, a bad legion will not eat through any pallets.

-A new legion will lose track of a survivor on certain spots like window dropdowns and LoS windows.

-A good legion is able to judge if he can reach a survivor with his frenzy after hitting a different one.

-A good legion knows when he should stop his power and go for the M1

-A good legion knows when he should let the survivor bleed out a bit after a pallet break so he can m2 him.

Will you go down against a good legion no matter how much better than him you are? yes, that's why people hate him.

If you think any killer in this game requires serious amounts of skills then I suggest you never play ######### like Quake or anything that has an actual high skill ceiling.

I don't want to imagine ppl like Rapha or anybody able to judge movement playing nurse but those players would be most likely bored with this game.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I challenge you to watch some "juking" montages on youtube

• Mc_Harty
    edited March 2019

Hipster because you refuse to listen to common sense and what people typed. Who cares if it's a popular opinion, Legion is still #########.

>-A new legion player can't even judge the [BAD WORD] distance on his power and will either respect the pallet too hard and lose his power or get palletstunned (base duration frank's mixtape legion without duration CAN be misstimed which is what most of the legion noobs are playing).

lol new legion. I asked the "huge" difference between rank 7 and rank 1, not newbies and those that actually know how to play the game.

>-A good legion will make you drop that pallet, a bad legion will not eat through any pallets.

A new Legion gets pallet stunned but bad ones don't get pallet stunned.

>-A new legion will lose track of a survivor on certain spots like window dropdowns and LoS windows.

Bloodhound exists.

>-A good legion is able to judge if he can reach a survivor with his frenzy after hitting a different one.

You mean that location reveal power that locates other survivors for you within you terror radius? It's not like the game... you know... Tells you can you reach them.

>-A good legion knows when he should stop his power and go for the M1.

Use your M1 when they are not at a pallet.

>-A good legion knows when he should let the survivor bleed out a bit after a pallet break so he can m2 him.

Looking at the ground is consider skill now.

>-If you think any killer in this game requires serious amounts of skills then I suggest you never play ######### like Quake or anything that has an actual high skill ceiling.

Spirit, Nurse, Hag, Huntress... In fact every killer takes more skill the Legion. But you play a skilled game so ######### do I know...

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

Legion will be hated, haters will DC against legion, DBD will be like that,

nothing we can do

• MhhBurgers
    edited March 2019

Your post reeks of "I never played legion at r1 against non-potato survivors before"

Bloodhound doesn't help you at windowjukes unless you run sloppy butcher with it which is basically wasted perkslot till the thana buff.

The location reveal power that survivors will run away from yes, know when to go after the survivor that is revealed and know when to stop it because as you know legion doesn't see scratchmarks, if you fully use your power while the survivor is running from you when out of LoS you will not find him.

Gotta judge if the survivor can reach a pallet after you stop your power in the first place. Ofc there's addoncombos that will basically instafuck any survivor out in the open but I don't see them as an issue, same happens to you on Billy.

You don't have to look on the ground to for them to lose deep wound status after breaking a pallet, they will lose enough distance. Then you have to decide if you really wanna chase after this survivor as a 110% killer or if it's better to just take the broken pallet and pressure gens.

Yeah, they take MORE skill than legion but the skillcap in this whole game is low as heck and there's mostly nuances.

IF you btw were never able to lose a legion then that's entirely on you.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890

Then stop playing Legion. Because unless they get a rework you're probably rarely going to get a decent match with a killer most people find as much fun as a root canal.

Good on the people who just gave up and sacrificed themselves. Nobody should suffer through tedium to appease anyone else. End the monotony quickly and move on.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Eveline I feel like this has not been said enough. As long as a survivior repairs 1 1/2 generators, does one or two safe unhooks, and lasts at least 7 minutes, isn't that a pip?

• MhhBurgers
    edited March 2019

Cool, should we DC then as soon as survivors use SWF or exploit Loops? See how fast the game goes to ######### if DCing is ok in certain circumstances. Should I start DCing as soon as survivors use the near infinite in Haddonfield that should've been patched out long ago?

• Peasant

"No one should suffer through tedium . . . end the monotony. . ."

So if survivors loop I have every right to DC? Great! After all looping is just monotonously running in a circle. It's a tedious experience of just getting stunned with a 33% chance of actually working towards my objective.

• Mc_Harty

Yeah, they take MORE skill than legion but the skillcap in this whole game is low as heck and there's mostly nuances.

And there it is. Proof that Legion is brain-dead coming from a Legion main. Thank you @MhhBurgers for confirming what everyone else has been saying about Legion since day one of his release. Couldn't have done it without ya.

I've played Legion at rank 1, concluded that Freddy was better at everything Legion was supposed to be good at (hit and run plystayle) and despise Legion mechanics when I finally got to play against them. And the sad part? You can't even buff them. The only option you have is to rework them.

The easiest killer to get gen-rushed can't even get buffs. It's such a ######### disgrace.

• MhhBurgers
    edited March 2019

Wow, something takes more skill than legion doesn't make him brain dead at all. You literally play freddy who's only nuance is put as many people in dream then be a standard mindgame m1 killer who relies on survivor mistakes with the difference being that freddy will see people who are in dream and has to cut them off loops so that his transition is not too #########. Much wow such skillcap. I can downplay everything too.

Nurse, Hold m2, port on survivor, there he's dead. As hard as shooting a shotgun with ridiculous range that goes through walls against unarmed targets. Much skill such WOW

• Dwight_Fairfield

Read my words before knee jerk responding. I never said anything about dc'ing. I do not condone dc'ing. I said sacrificing themselves quickly to the killer. That is perfectly fine and every player's right. End the tedium quickly within the game rules.

If you're not enjoying being infinite looped or being out played by a co-ordinated SWF then go stand in a corner and wait for them to finish the gens and leave. Otherwise you made your bed by taking on an SWF or chancing going to a map with powerful loops. So either lie in it and take them on or just wait til it ends.

But I never condoned dc'ing.

• Mc_Harty
    edited March 2019

1) Knowing how to chase survivors.

2) Knowing how to break away from a chase to apply pressure.

3) Knowing how to push survivors into deadzones areas of the map where there are no pallets.

4) This ######### video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rTtr7pUe-Q&t=236s

And even with all of this, Freddy still takes more ######### skill then the Legion.

You just admitted that Legion takes less skill to play compared to the other killers.

So why are you getting triggered that I confirmed what you just stated?

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

Many survivors just find it a unfun experience that the legion can down you so fast while you can do nothing against it (not even talking about the moonwalking some do to make the timer go down faster) and you just keep on having really short chases just because the killer can catch up to you quite fast and take away half your timer because of add-ons like Mix Tape.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited March 2019

Another one who can't read simple english grammar... I never said dc'ing was ok and you should do it. If you don't like being looped either follow the usual response to a Dbd complaint and "git gud", play a killer who is good at ending loops like Clown, or just give up chasing and let the survivors finish the gens and leave.

Again to repeat for those who can't read basic grammar; I never mentioned dc'ing.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

In the high ranks, its free game, nobody dc's for me in high ranks or kills themselves on hook, they play it out, free 4k in my book

• Peasant

My apologies, you mentioned giving up and naturally I thought of DCing. Given the mass promotion of "DC against Legion" it's not unreasonable to make such a connection.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited March 2019

Its fine. Its just I've mentioned several times in this thread now I do not condone dc'ing at all. Apart from it being against game rules it also denies killers sacrifice points, and potentially progress toward an achievement. I struggled for a while to get my Evil Incarnate achievement on Myers because of dc'ers for example.

But if players want to just go and give themselves up and die on first hook because the match is no fun at all then that is their right. Nobody should be expected to endure tedium for anyone else. But don't dc. You play this game then you are accepting the rules that come with it.

• MhhBurgers

Hiding your transition, such skill much WoW.

Can't take you serious at all. You should play other games that take actual skill if you're reaching this much. Yeah I'm reaching too but that's because this game doesn't take much to begin with, most of the difference between killers comes from map control and knowing when to do what.

Really can't stand DBD only players talking about skill in a non-competitive game with pseudo-autoaim while they run around structures.

• Mc_Harty
    edited March 2019

And I can't take people seriously who think the best way to fix Legion is to make him even more braindead, so join the club. I never said Dead by Daylight was skilled game. Only that it does not take skill to play Legion and every other killer requires more skill to play compared to that garbage.

Learn to read.

• MhhBurgers

The margin of the other killers is literally so low that you might as well not talk about the skill difference at all, that's my point. The only difference between a legion and most other killers is that he WILL down you and tbh, the whole game should be designed like that. I already said that the devs should remove many loops that are abused by mostly highrank survivors anyways, buff killer acceleration so looping doesn't exist anymore and fix their game for 80% of the population that way instead of appeasing a small minority.

If this were some game with tournaments I could fully understand wanting to have such nuances and skillgaps in your game but most ppl play this game to derp around and have fun, there's no place for such things here and the game was clearly not designed with pixel perfect looping in mind.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

People who use the leave button should just be unable to play for half an hour

If you use it as intended aka real life emergencie it won't bother you

If you use it to screw over 4 other people you shouldn't be playing multiplayer games in the first place

• BACKSTABBER

Will I get banned if DC every match against Legion??!?!?!

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

Has uh... Has any person here who advocated dcing against a Legion actually played Legion at r1? Or any high rank where SWF is prevalent? Cause let me tell you even with FMT (or whatever add on is in that people cry about) I get completely obliterated by a good group.

110 movement speed, a power that barely does what was intended to do, etc. Legion suffers from what legitimately every other killer can suffer from.

Sure they can yeet over pallets and windows but... So what? I can just slap on Bamboozle on my Trapper and be a much better Legion.

Anyways I don't want to go on a large rant or give a wall of text. But Legion isn't that bad, and as many have said, you will not get better against a Legion if you just up and dc. Everything in this game has counters, I guess some people just figured that a counter to Legion was not to play him in the first place.

So I suppose those same people should just not play a online game where other people wanna have fun too? Muse on that before deciding your actions.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

So its my fault for having to play against a broken mechanic? lol

• BACKSTABBER

Wuts these mhh burgers ur eating?

I think I will get my 4ss banned 1 week and then retrain of DC against the legion

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

No, but that's no excuse for leaving and screwing over 4 other people

I hate OoO with SWF too but i'm not going to be a wuss and leave

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@Sonzaishinai

I had a Pig game once where a Laurie ran OoO once. Needless to say I killed everyone after I decided to punish the Laurie (she tried to be a toxic piece of [Bad Word], I obliged and became toxic as well). She dced after recognizing I was not gonna let her live.

(Let me say this, I play the game no matter what is there. Billy Boi? Why not. Four Flashlights/Toolboxes/Combo? Don't care, there are counters. Insta heals? They bought themselves precisely five seconds. A Legion/Lagion, whatever, I will either survive or die.)

(Why can't more killers and survivors be like me?)

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

I usually let Legion hook me and then I die on the hook (I never dc). It just isn't fun playing against him.

• BACKSTABBER

That's so nice but ur team only gets few extra seconds with you after the x3 unhook fails and no struggle, it's not worth

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

"And you still haven't told me that "huge" difference between a Rank 7 Legion and a Rank 1."

It's because there isn't one, you can hardly tell the difference between a rank 10 Legion from a rank 1 Legion because his power is too straightforward. Anyone can vault pallets while periodically hitting M1, there's nothing to it. Legion just needs a rework, he's a crap killer.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

I can tell a gigantic difference between r7 legion and r1 legion simply by how they play even if their playstyles vary. they’re very good at those playstyles.

But I also don’t dc against legion sooo...