The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killers shouldn't camp or tunnel it is a scumbag move

2»

Comments

• Jake1993
    Jake1993 Member Posts: 11

Personally, If a survivor runs a killer around for 5 gens they shouldn’t be getting punished for the killer being bad. Now that there’s no vacuum, no fast healing self care, and not many pallets theres no reason for a killer being ran around for 5 gens unless they're really bad. And if the survivor gets camped, the killer is going to de pip regardless. But the survivor black pips. So IMO, I think the game is somewhat balanced. But instead of black piping for running the killer around for 5 gens, they should pip. The killer on the other hand should de pip. I play 50/50 killer and survivor. So I understand the frustration of both sides.

• Jake1993
    Jake1993 Member Posts: 11

I completely agree, but on a extent you’re biased on the side of survivors

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited April 2019

The game has never been designed to be competitve. The rank system means nothing when you don’t get rewards for being at a high rank.

Both sides are not entitled to make the game fun for the other. Survivors do not have to play to make the killer have a fun round and vice versa.

• havokblade
    havokblade Member Posts: 7

Look the camping is bs play the game can't play the game normal if the killer wants to body camp u don't see Monto camping he plays the game and makes it fun at the same time if u get hooked rushed then that's different ur stopping them from the save and trying to injure as many survivors as possible they need to impose on game penalties for camping

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965

What if they are wearing perk insidious?

• DaGreenBolt
    DaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453

At the same time, you don't see Monto teabagging, flashlight clicking, using old DS constantly, and being toxic in general in front of killers.

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

That's more Noob3, Ochido and Puppers sort of playstyle... being toxic I mean ;)

Monto, True, HybridPanda play very fair.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

The Pipping changes basically forces Killers to not camp and tunnel tbh. Unless they don't care about rank.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@KillermainBTWm8 I still can’t believe this thread is STILL alive. XD

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

I don't really like the sentiment behind what you describe as the types of survivors/killers.

How do you define a win?

In the context of a game winning is simply achieving your win condition. That win condition will be part of the games rules and is thus objective. For example in chess the win condition is to capture the opposing King. You might have different reasons to play, but regardless of why or if you want to win you still have to capture the King in order to win because winning isn't subjective in the realm of games.

So if we apply this to dead by daylight we find the win conditions clearly stated in the tutorial.

Survivors: Escape the trial

Killers: Kill the Survivors

If you do not do those things then no matter how much fun you had you by definition have not won.

Onto what you said afterwords. Assuming you are trying to win (which is something you should always assume) you should always take any non-reportable action you can that increases your odds of winning. Does gen rush improve your odds of winning? Yes? Do it. Does tunneling improve your odds of winning? Yes? Do it. Does camping improve your odds of winning? Nope, go do something else.

Guess what? Looping increases your odds of winning. So if your question is if the survivor should do it then the answer is that they absolutely should.

But of course, that isn't the ONLY question. You then have to ask yourself if the intended mechanics lead to problems. If they do, then the devs need to either remove the problematic aspects or nerf the strategy that causes them. Note that this part is the developers responsibility and not the players. After all an exploit cannot be objectively verified, the smaller hitboxes of Survivors are just as much a game mechanic as the Killers faster movement speed, and vaulting is clearly supposed to be able to give survivors distance. Plus scratchmarks mean that evading a competent Killer is impractical without a dedicated perk build for it. So if directly running away doesn't work because of the Killers high movement speed, and neither does using LoS to lose the Killer because of scratchmarks, why would I do anything BESIDES Looping?

You shouldn't camp the hook because it is a losing strategy, not because it's nice. And you absolutely should tunnel. If this is a problem (we both know it is) then that is on the devs to fix.

• Mcfred
    Mcfred Member Posts: 152

I'm just there to kill get out of my way or die lmao

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

@TreemanXD ikr Lol

• KillermainBTWm8

People are finally done with this thread? lol good.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

I'll tunnel all I want. Also @Hoodedfengm1n I think bumping a thread is bannable. Not sure though.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@Poweas I was not trying to

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Hoodedfengm1n oh ok. No problem. I don't think the mods are strict on it anyway tbh.

• KillermainBTWm8

y u guys do this to me D:

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

U right :p

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

I'm gonna facecamp everyone now just because of how survivors treat killers. Have a great day.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

This thread made me think we need a Necromancer killer.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,317

Alot of times when I see someone just about to die on hook, ill go ahead and invest 5 seconds to stand next to it to prevent any last second saves. Thoughts?

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Of course. Who wouldn’t do that? It makes your job as killer much easier. It’s common sense to ensure they die when they are that close to dying.