Why are they NERFing Thanatophobia to worse than it was in 2.5?

After an exciting Thana buff announcement to 6/12/18/24% at Tier 3, the change has since been "reverted" according to the devs. But it was not "reverted", they actually nerfed it. The new Thanatophobia for patch 2.6 is now 4/8/12/16% at Tier 3, down from 6/9/12/15% at Tier 3 in patch 2.5.

I don't understand the concept of nerfing what was already a bad perk. You made it 1% higher if all four survivors are injured, which is useless, it's the lower numbers that have the most impact because you will almost never have all 4 people in the required states simultaneously, and if you do it won't be for long.

I suggest making the first couple of numbers much higher and then give diminishing increases at the top, that would make it much more viable. How about 10/12/14/16% for example? That would make the perk so much better and actually useful. Also, having it work on dead survivors would be ideal also.

Comments

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Survivor complained about it and got their way… again.

Just forget about Thana. Just don't use it. It was a bad perk before and now it got even worse. It's just a waste of bloodpoints in the bloodweb.

Killers can't have nice things, because it would spoil the precious survivors "fun".

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

What? So I thought they were buffing it? Really devs. Did they give in to survivors again?

• Wolf74

@jackkn12

Survivor complained about it being to long of "pressing M1"... which is "unfun" for survivor.

And all calculation examples of course included Sloppy Butcher, Self Care and 4 injured survivor... just to show that it is waaaaaay to long and unbearable to survivor to expect them to heal for sooooo long.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

Yep. Bullying the killer must be easier. If you heal you waste time doing something else. And there is not enough insta heals and decisives.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771

They also nerfed Devour Hope...

• snowflake102

So now survivors are going to be op? Does killers get weak with this patch?

• Wolf74

@ChesterTheMolester

"They also nerfed Devour Hope..."

Really?? How? In which way?

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited March 2019

They included the speed boost on all tiers, which hurts more than you gain since they get alerted before it has any real effect.

The secret of this perk was to use either T1 (Myers, Billy, LF for example) or T2 so they don't know whats gping on before you instadown or mori them.

I know the DH change has good intentions yet its still a nerf.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

You power through Thana. Just like Ruin. It works on those who don't have any patience.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

The Survivors don't get alerted when the Killer has Haste, they still won't know Devour Hope is in play until you have 3 stacks and hit one.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

cuz thanatophobia OP.

just like freddy.

• TrAiNwReCk
    TrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246

Could someone direct my to where these changes are stated? I have looked all over and can't find where players are getting the information.

Thanks in advance!

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

I’m not sure which is worse: The fact they nerfed Thanatophobia, or the fact they nerfed Fire Up.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Because added time is considered unfun for survivors, I don't get it.

Killers desperately need something to help slow down the game with the current gen times.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Too much blaming in legion+thana I guess.

But whatever, lets tunnel instead =)

• Sharmarko
    Sharmarko Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2019

Thats because healing and holding M1 is so boring. The Thanata buff would just annoy 3/5th of the playerbase.

I want killers to have more time in trials by giving survivors more objectives, not just holding M1. And I don't mean more skillchecks either, I mean actual objectives like collecting gas or picking up parts of broken generator machinery and carrying it around.

• snowflake102

I agree with you:) if we get raged at soo be it xd let's do some tunneling :)

• snowflake102

They could add more time that it takes to repair em. Or they could add other objectives.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

They don't want the game to result to "lets add more time onto doing everything so it's more balanced" it's a horrible bandage idea. The killer does need more time, so they're thinking about other ways to keep survivors occupied.

• Wolf74

So we have two issues.

1. Killer need more time.
    2. Survivor don't like getting slowed down.

So lets see who the Devs want to please with this update?

Any guesses? :P

• Naiad
    Naiad Member Posts: 194

But wouldn't you rather the devs fix the base game and give more objectives for a survivors to do, therefore extending the game, than rely on perks to do that? That's what I'm hoping for anyway. Adding more time on gens will just result in survivors bringing toolboxes/perks for gen speed in more regularly. Whereas if you give survivors a mandatory secondary objective you extend all your matches and not just the ones where you're relying on perks or survs not to bring in items.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited March 2019

According to the Q&A, they changed the numbers for Fire Up from the PTB so that each token adds 4% instead of 3%. Now, it's only a nerf on 2 tokens (10% to 8%), unchanged on 3 tokens (still 12%), and a buff on 1 (0% to 4%), 4 (14% to 16%), and 5 tokens (14% to 20%).

• snowflake102

I do hope killers but IM thanking irs going to be survivors sadly. But yea killers need more time so the complaning survivors need to stop with all this buff that a or nerf that might as well call it survive by daylight lol

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    edited March 2019

So it’s only stronger than it was before at 4 and 5 gens completed, which, at that point, either one or both of these things has most likely happened:

1. You’ve broken most of the pallets.
    2. You’ve basically already lost.

So the point at which it’s at its strongest is the point at which it’s useless, meanwhile, its early game is still weaker than before while its mid-game remains the same.

I’m sorry, but that’s still a nerf in my eyes.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

The nerf on 1-2 injured survivors is stupid. It's not often you'll have more than that many injured survivors.

GET RID OF THE HEALING DEBUFF ON THANA. KEEP THE PTB NUMBERS

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

It was strengthened in 3/5 levels and nerfed in 1/5 levels. That's overall a buff.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

From another discussion

Actually the issue wasnt with:

"Thanatophobia + Sloppy Butcher"

The issue was with:

"(Thanatophobia x 4) + Sloppy Butcher + Selfcare"

My take on this situation is that survivors dont want to change their "Selfcare for gen-effiency" or "I'm injured but don't care" strategy/meta thats countered by a Killer using these 2 perks. The way i see it survivors could lessen this penalty by getting out of that meta and get healed by means other than selfcaring, afterall it's the biggest muliplier for the healing penalty.

Its somehow like with the sound changes in this game, they try to fix or rework those but end up worse than before.

• Wolf74

@Raptorrotas

Why do all people always calculate with 4 injured survivors if they talk about Thana?

How often does that really happen?

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583

Thanatophobia should be really stronger, without affecting healing anymore: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/51746/how-to-fairly-buff-thanatophobia-before-the-2-6-0-goes-live

• Wolf74

@Entità

Your idea would keep Thana trash.

Because with SC everywhere no one stays injured for a long time anyway and that debuff would never apply and for sure not stack up.

I know a lot of people talk about "no heal" right now, but I haven't seen that in game really happening. It's not a "meta" (yet) and I doubt it ever will be.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583

@Wolf74 @Peanits is right: you cannot punish people because both they remain injured and they heal themselves. I'd use Corrupt Intervention to block 3 farthest gens for 120 seconds and my Thanatophobia to slow down their progression: it requires to make constant pressure, to spread damage, to create anxiety... that's the killer's role, no perk can do it.

• TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250

I finally found the damn post that mentioned the changes. While it does suck, from the looks of it, they just want to make balance changes to everything else before making changes to it. I am happy though Fire Up got a number boost...now it isn’t ######### anymore...T-T I’m so happy!

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237
    edited March 2019

@Wolf74

I'm asking the same question myself. Honestly, if survivors allow the killer to get 4 "stacks" of thanatophobia, they werent interested in healing from the beginning.

this whole fiasko with the strategy of thana and sloppy is interesting because it turns the efiency of selfcare around, it makes selfcare less efficient than getting a teammate to heal you or grabbing a damn medkit. But SURVIVORS are too lazy to adapt to this anti selfcare strategy.

Theres no provlem with the thanatophobia perk except its lack of effect for dead survivors.

Additionally, dont they get this big fat warning for thanatophobia thrashed down their throat when the first one gets injured? How can they NOT notice the killer might be trying to use such a strategy?

• Wolf74

@Entità

Erm...maybe it is my lack of english skills, because I am not a native speaker… but can you rephrase your post so I can make sense of it?

I am not sure if you try to defend the thana nerf or speak up against it...

Right now, I do not buy the whole "no heal meta" idea.

And I doubt seeing multiple injured survivor to stach up Thana, but still all survivor always use the numbers from "4 injured" to calculate their "prove" that than as "to stronk". And ofc for them Sloppy is always a given, just wo make the numbers look better.

If you ask me, let them not heal and show me the gen rush.

If Thana needs to get nerfed just because it could be strong along TWO other perks (Sloppy+NC), why don't we get SC nerfed for it could be really fast along TWO perks (Botany+Resilience)?