The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New rankings based on statistics

mila_kunis
mila_kunis Member Posts: 12
edited March 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Many different concerns come to mind in relation to the new ranking system, as many others have expressed their own.

Honestly? Changing a ranking system will push people away from the game. Why? Here are my thoughts.

Emblem changes as discussed in the patch notes were based off of statistics and only statistics. This creates a false positive about what is really going on in the game.

Take overwatch for example; a game that is constantly being balanced and continually developed. The developers not only look at statistics, but see how people play the game. In the case of this game, do you understand how hard it is to consistently get a 3 1/2 kill per game to properly rank up to top tier? It's improbable. You will end up deranking 8/10 games while just trying to sustain yourself with your two wins.

The developers need to counteract playstyles to make the game more random. How often do survivors gen rush? Every single game. It forces killers to Mori or camp just to get kills. There simply isn't enough for survivors to do in the trials to prevent them from just escaping ASAP.

It is the reason 8 of the 11 or so killers aren't even viable at top ranks. Unless you can zoom around the map as the hillbilly, blink as the nurse, or phase walk as the spirit, you simply cannot move fast enough to get 3+ kills a game to single pip nevertheless double. In turn, this creates longer queue times for both parties. If survivors manage to get top ranks, there are less killers to queue with. Sometimes, the killer queue times are long enough. Imagine being top tier rank 1. Queue times used to be 8 minutes average. What will they be now? 24 minutes just to wait to play one game? Who wants to wait longer to play a trial than the actual trial lasts?

The reason why I stated the emblem changes being bad based on statistics is because I personally thought the emblem system was fine. The game needed to be more fleshed out to create longer trials for both sides. To prevent instang wins with Morris or instant downs, and gen rushes to just escape the trial.

Players have become so locked into their 1 dimensional way of needing to win, that is all they do.

Also, I think SWF should be a separate queue option. I know the player base isn't extremely massive for this game, but unless you are godly at this game, even starting a SWF game as a killer almost always gaurentees you a derank.

These are a few of my concerns about why something that isn't necessarily broken, shouldn't really be fixed. The test of time has shown, changing a game too much, pushes people away from said game.

Side note. What if someone DC's which happens more than 50% of the time. Automatic derank for killer. 😬

- Mila Kunis.

"Ashton is watching the kids right now."

Post edited by mila_kunis on