The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Matchmaking A Bit Unfair?

OutlawRW
OutlawRW Member Posts: 17
edited March 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

I am, by far, not a great Killer.

I've played quite a few games on Trapper and Wraith. And generally, Red Ranks just don't seem like a possibility for me. I'd say, at best, I'm a rank 16 Killer. And at worst, they don't make a rank low enough for me to be in.

But this is my 3rd game tonight where I've been matched against Survivors 9-11 ranks above me. This particular image was a SWF, who all escaped, clicking flashlights the whole time. I was on Legion (I just bought the pack) and only had the generator perk. I got 1 hook.

I don't mind the loss so much as I mind the pure imbalanced match up. Why am I not being matched with Survivors who -- if not within 2 ranks of me -- are at least comparable in skill? Or, at the very least, why wasn't there any consideration for me being on a brand new killer with virtually no perks?

Maybe I'm just salty and bad. Or maybe the matchmaking needs to be looked at. Cause when this happens -- this game doesn't feel fun at all.

Post edited by OutlawRW on

Comments

• rantomon
    rantomon Member Posts: 2

I played a game the other day as a survivor. I was level 16 and the highest other survivor was rank 14. It matched us against a level 2 killer. It's happened a few times now. The matchmaking is a joke. It'll only get worse as people stop playing the game due to overpowered new killer and destruction of D strike.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

The matchmaking is definitely messed up right now. At rank 1 I've been going against green and even grey ranks regularly.

• InfectedSeven43
    InfectedSeven43 Member Posts: 1

The matchmaking is really screwed up now. I know I’m not that great of a player, But I also know I shouldn’t be going against a rank 4 killer with all level 3 perks. And at rank 15, versus off with that? #########?

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

I just watched a video where this guy was a rank 1 getting matched up with rank 12's. This is bad.

• OutlawRW
    OutlawRW Member Posts: 17

Thanks devs!

What I'd like to see for future improvements;

• Consideration for new survivors/killers with little-to-no items/perks/add-ons
    • Comparable matching based on similar scoring/skill history
    • Matchmaking that, by default, never matches above or below 2 ranks
    • Matchmaking that will not match you with a killer/survivor at 250+/300+/350+ ping
    • Consideration for a string of losses/wins

• serenity680
    serenity680 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2019

Matchmaking still sucks!