How to Buff Freddy

In my experience (which is a lot when it comes to freddy, since I´m P3) he might be good at tunneling people but he is waaay better when you distribute your attention to every survivor. The best way to do this currently is with the classphoto addon, but the problem is that it´s just an addon.
In the last FAQ stream the devs were talking about buffing freddy, what would make him truly competetiv is if you could work some version of the classphoto effect into his base abality. Now I´m not saying that he should have the classphoto as base ability.

My suggestion: Everytime you pull someone into the dreamworld freddy can see the Aura of the closest survivor that is not in the dreamworld. That way you could chain sleep everyone without it being op and get everyone asleep faster. Because thats where freddy wants to be, with everyone in his dreamworld.
Dont forget however that freddy has nothing to help him in a chase so getting everyone into the dreamworld should be the easiest part of hooking a survivor but currently its just as hard as catching them. I think his base ability is actually pretty solid on its own, the 50% action speed is fine, but it needs to be easier applicable, which it will be with the afore mentioned buff.

As a side note you should also consider maybe reducing his terror radius again a little bit. The fact that you could scare people so easily was the highlight of playing freddy, but thats just wishfull thinking on my part I guess.

Summed up: You only need to make one change to his base kit and he´ll be fine , the change being that you can see the aura of the survivor closest to you, that is not in dreamworld. Of course you should try it in the ptb first and if he´s still too weak decrease his terror radius.

My message to you:****
As I said, I think a lot of people are playing freddy wrong, by getting someone into the dreamworld and immediatly chasing them down. Thats not the point of his power. The power fully flourishes if a survivor is in the dreamworld and has to deal with a massively decreased action speed. So tunneling with freddy is not a viable strategy in my opinion (tunneling of hook is ofc a different story and very viable) but you ( the devs) need to encourage putting everyone into the dreamworld as easily and as fast as possible since the real challenge will still be actually chasing them down! With a decreased terror radius ofc you could surprise attack survivors.

Thanks for reading and see you int the fog!

Comments

• goldseeker22
    goldseeker22 Member Posts: 75

im sorry. i didnt read. but there is 1 change that buffs freddy without touching him.

selfcare no longer wakes u up unless u use a medkit.
    to balance. sabotage wakes u up if u use a toolbox.

• Skrill0x
    Skrill0x Member Posts: 50

@goldseeker22 said:
    im sorry. i didnt read. but there is 1 change that buffs freddy without touching him.

but selfcare wakes you up if you just fail a skillcheck...

• goldseeker22
    goldseeker22 Member Posts: 75

@Skrill0x said:

@goldseeker22 said:

but selfcare wakes you up if you just fail a skillcheck...

and that is too powerfull. selfcare is used by everyone. wich makes everyone have a very easy counter to freddy.

• Skrill0x

I dont even necesseraly think that sc is too powerfull vs freddy. The devs have done a very good job at making every failed skillcheck wake you up and if selfcare skillchecks didnt wake you up it would be very difficult to get out of dreamworld. I just think that survivors should have a harder time hiding from freddy bc as long as they are in the dreamworld they basically cannot do anything and you always know where they are.
    This is also why not tunneling a survivor is such a strong tactic on freddy. If you put someone in dreamstate and just leave them they cant wake up with sc since they arent hurt. They will have to do a gen or find someone else and in both cases you still know where they were when they snapped out of it and can find them again with relative ease. For a start I think his ability to find survivors should be buffed instead of his ability to keep them in dreamworld. Also the waking up mechanics are pretty cool in my opinion and removing them would just be a shame

• Chubster
    Chubster Member Posts: 197

The problem of chain sleeping is how easy it is to wake up, if you don’t run an add on to reduce skillcheck chances, it’s pointless, and the worst part is that it only works in the dream world, so falling asleep doesn’t apply the debuff on skillcheck chances, meaning you can still wake up in those 7 seconds

• Skrill0x
    yes but as you said for skillcheck probability he has addons. I'm sure you only have the best intentions but what you are suggesting would make him overpowered. He should be able to get everyone into dreamrealm fast and the wake up woth self care should be removed. Those are all the buffs he needs with the buff I suggested. 
    Also the said that they wont tweaks numbers like with hag and trapper but want a rework and thats exactly what i'm suggesting. A new mechanic to freddy.